Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

@mykoh  is the surplus pack in stock anywhere or just ebay?
slamjam just stocked every pair 
nerd.gif

Shout outs to @NBEM
 for the hookup on these NB1s. My first pair of 998s and they feel incredible. Wanted to get some outdoor shots but the weather in SF isn't so hot at the moment.

Well done. Your lurking got you some free kicks.

So, I promised no more until next year. But...

It looks like I need to off some pairs to make room for these. Selling a few NB's and my Banned 1 Jordans to afford this terrible habit, lol.

$99 each in my 11.5. Brighton outlets. Came out to $190 after I redeemed my $10 off MyNB coupon.

Oh my goodness. I couldn't say no. I just couldn't say no.

Ahh, u lucky sun of a bee. For both, I paid 5 crisp bills. Nice find.

Glad they worked out for you
I'll have some more stuff to give away between now and end of year, need to clear up space
jaysis i just went back and reread your post and you were giving them away for free?!

good on you for doing that man, now hopefully we have one more NBholic in the fold

Well done. Your lurking got you some free kicks.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you weren't trying to take shots. But If that's how things run in this thread then maybe I am better off staying away smh. Yeah I'm not going to lie, I don't post a lot in any forum because honestly I'm not into sneakers as a whole like I used to be. Life catches up to you. I guess this is what happens when you try something new though. Regardless, I appreciate the gesture, NBEM. 

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you weren't trying to take shots. But If that's how things run in this thread then maybe I am better off staying away smh. Yeah I'm not going to lie, I don't post a lot in any forum because honestly I'm not into sneakers as a whole like I used to be. Life catches up to you. I guess this is what happens when you try something new though. Regardless, I appreciate the gesture, NBEM. 
its all love here in the NB thread

damn, I wish I still lived in MA... I went to school in Boston and never utilized the outlet, if anyone hits the outlet soon and sees any 8.5.. hit my PM :D

Ahh, u lucky sun of a bee. For both, I paid 5 crisp bills. Nice find.
For sure, man. I hardly pull the trigger when it comes to outlet finds, mostly because they are usually out of stuff that I really want, even if they're a  really good price. I knew I had to have these immediately, though, when I saw them. I know they had a sale last week so I probably could've gotten them for cheaper but I didn't want to risk waiting for another sale.

damn it i caved. 575 and 576 ordered.
@mykoh   you won't regret it, they are incredible in hand. Both are so nice in person. You should've also copped the 670s! Not sure why they are so slept on. For me, they're like a grown-up version of the Nike SB Stussy Dunks, lol.

Also, wanted to share this with you guys:

I was over at the New Balance Flagship Store and talking with one of the employees. He was telling me about all of his crazy outlet finds and using his discount to cop kicks for the low (Butterscotches, Lux Goods, etc. - all for $40 bucks each).

The most interesting part, though, was when he told me about his time visiting the Lawrence factory in MA. Apparently, employees have the chance to visit the factory and make their own custom shoes (basically like NB1 on steroids). He brought this out for me to see. This dude saw a 997GY upper and decided to meld it with a 990V2 outsole, lol. He dubbed it the "997.2."

Anyone near Brighton that could proxy me any 997/998 in 10.5 or 10? Saw they're doing 40% off the entire purchase but I'm not living in MA anymore. If possible it'd be greatly appreciated.

Anyone near Brighton that could proxy me any 997/998 in 10.5 or 10? Saw they're doing 40% off the entire purchase but I'm not living in MA anymore. If possible it'd be greatly appreciated.

They arent doing any 40% off sales right now, unfortunately.

Unless you know something I don't know! That would be awesome.

Last edited:
For sure, man. I hardly pull the trigger when it comes to outlet finds, mostly because they are usually out of stuff that I really want, even if they're a  really good price. I knew I had to have these immediately, though, when I saw them. I know they had a sale last week so I probably could've gotten them for cheaper but I didn't want to risk waiting for another sale.

@mykoh
  you won't regret it, they are incredible in hand. Both are so nice in person. You should've also copped the 670s! Not sure why they are so slept on. For me, they're like a grown-up version of the Nike SB Stussy Dunks, lol.

I was over at the New Balance Flagship Store and talking with one of the employees. He was telling me about all of his crazy outlet finds and using his discount to cop kicks for the low (Butterscotches, Lux Goods, etc. - all for $40 bucks each).

The most interesting part, though, was when he told me about his time visiting the Lawrence factory in MA. Apparently, employees have the chance to visit the factory and make their own custom shoes (basically like NB1 on steroids). He brought this out for me to see. This dude saw a 997GY upper and decided to meld it with a 990V2 outsole, lol. He dubbed it the "997.2."
These 997.2 are really interesting!!!
Thank you for your sharing~
If I have a chance to make my own custom pair, i would love to see how 1500upper and 991sole look like, how about you guys?

Last edited:
These 997.2 are really interesting!!!
Thank you for your sharing~
If I have a chance to make my own custom pair, i would love to see how 1500upper and 991sole look like, how about you guys?

I think it would be sick if NB did an all horween upper as they have in the past but package the shoe with an additional outsole. That way not only would you be able to get more wear out of the damn thing but you'd also get a new look. The high price tag warrants it!

I don't know what you guys in Buffalo NY are smoking. This clown is mos def on one tho... Ebay username "takemore_net" :smh: At least the shipping is free.. :lol:

Last edited:

@mykoh   you won't regret it, they are incredible in hand. Both are so nice in person. You should've also copped the 670s! Not sure why they are so slept on. For me, they're like a grown-up version of the Nike SB Stussy Dunks, lol.

Where is the "Flagship" store? Not the Brighton location on Market St right? 

Good lord. Those 1500's are incredible. Looks like we'll see that nice shape on all colorways going forward.

This is going to put a beating on my wallet.

Back
Top Bottom