Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

i think they look really good.  but the painted bar on the midsole is holding me back.  i hope that's not a trend for GRs.

If only the entire midsole is darkened to match the upper like the butterscotch's. Still copping when it's on sale.

Can anyone tell me if the castlerock color on the collar accent/speedlace is darker than the black color? It looks that way, however, I need to make sure. I would like to order a pair of NB1's after I find out so thank you in advance for any help.

Can anyone tell me if the castlerock color on the collar accent/speedlace is darker than the black color? It looks that way, however, I need to make sure. I would like to order a pair of NB1's after I find out so thank you in advance for any help.

It's lighter.​

Yea I think these surplus are gonna go on discount for 30-40. I mean nb.com isn't even following the release schedule they set up

Last edited:
Yea I think these surplus are gonna go on discount for 30-40. I mean nb.com isn't even following the release schedule they set up

So you think that the 1906 pairs of the 1500's & 191.5 will actually last long enough to hit 30-40% discount? :rolleyes

Anybody know where I can find these at a decent price? Seller on eBay had em for cheap but I didn't pull trigger on time. Thanks, much appreciated

Last edited:
It's definitely odd. I was very surprised when I started doing legit research on where to go. More surprised with Portland due to that well known brand in its backyard. The wife and I hit up Porland, Astoria, San Juan Island and Seattle.

The best selection I found was at J Crew downtown Seattle. No joke. I really thought Dallas was mediocre (Centre really boosted the local scene) but the PNW was oddly disappointing for kicks. I absolutely loved Portland and Seattle for everything else though. You Seattle guys are spoiled with Blue Owl Workshop.
1500's copped. Cheers to the PNW for having a weak shoe scene but diesel craft beer and denim scene. This vacation saved money on kicks but Blue Owl killed the wallet on denim.

Stock pics seriously looking like Frankenstein's been kicking rocks.

Yea man not sure where u went in the PNW but the cities of Seattle/Bellevue are super ripe for a major shoe retailer(s). There are so many shops in LA/SF, yet we have NOTHING (1 Bait store). There are a ton of younger males here that make good money in the tech scene (& much, much more) and have disposable income. Until Bait came here just a few years ago, we had nothing but a Niketown. Dosent add up to me.

The NB surplus pack is real, real nice. The materials look super plush and their color combinations are fresh. Would really like to see the Reigning Champs in grey on-foot. So many nice NBs releasing. Those "DMV"s and these 997 are especially underrated.
Yea man I absolutely love living here. The terrain is so beautiful. The water, the lush forests, all the hiking trails-it's so scenic. Did JCREW downtown have any of JCrews NB collaborations? And you hit it on the head it's so surprising with Adidas North America and Nike both headquartered in Portland that they don't have more retailers in this area and it's ripe for expansion. Anytime there is a rare sneaker release at Bait Seattle it gets overwhelming. Hope you enjoyed your trip man, the San Juan's are amazing.
Those reigning champs look amazing in that picture. I wish the NBs would release their rare collaborations on their company site. Those black 998s from Rise45 look super clean but there not all-that-much different from what's offered through NB1. NB has gotta add some more outsole options, at least an all white/black option. It's easy money for them.

yea the M998DPHO  is a must cop.  looks like nubuck with smooth leather at the heeltab.  perforated toe looks so good

Last edited:
I'm checking out my  "Drunk Pack Storks" today. Heading over to Bait. I often wear 21 oz raw japanese denim,not practical for everyone. Self Edge collab on those. I love the contrast with the shoes. Visual butter. The blue has to be seen in the hand. I will get some lace locks and hide the laces.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom