Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I'm assuming it's going to be a GR after all NB isn't into making things to limited ecspecially when it's MIUSA and a classic all grey CW. Also have yet to feel this plastic piece in any of my NBs.
you must not have any recent gr, csef, csam, crea, dboa, dsai all have it.

side note tried my bostons on and they are large like the gt. guess i need to start going a full size down from tts, smh guess i'm fixing to spend another $220! sucks b/c the shape is unbelievable on pair i just got today.

Last edited:

side note tried my bostons on and they are large like the gt. guess i need to start going a full size down from tts, smh guess i'm fixing to spend another $220! sucks b/c the shape is unbelievable on pair i just got today.
Tried on the 997DEXP last weekend and they do not have the hard plastic bit, but sizing is way different from my 997CSIY.

All this sizing / shape stuff is so frustrating.

yes it's frustrating for sure. just bought the 997csiy yesterday, will only be my 2nd 997. but all those 998's above fit larger than my pool blues, prmr's, grey, and dbr's 998. sick of them changing the fitment of them. i feel like my gt, cns, csam, csef, crea, and bostons; will not get worn as much because they do not fit as good as other pairs.

yes it's frustrating for sure. just bought the 997csiy yesterday, will only be my 2nd 997. but all those 998's above fit larger than my pool blues, prmr's, grey, and dbr's 998. sick of them changing the fitment of them. i feel like my gt, cns, csam, csef, crea, and bostons; will not get worn as much because they do not fit as good as other pairs.
Completely agree man. Gonna sell my CSEF for this very reason. The more I think about it, the more I feel like they look like clown shoes on me. Horrible toe shape, and sloppy fit.

Sadly I can't just return them (as I live internationally) and any very limited MIUSA range in my country don't come in half sizes - so it's a huge gamble buying them.

It really sucks when you can't just go try shoes on before buying. That's exactly my problem. I have to buy them all online because no store in my city carries these types of NB.

Yup, I actually emailed NB customer service recently and got the following response;
 The only way to determine a size and width in which you may comfortably wear our styles is via that silver foot-measuring device available at shoe stores. On this piece of equipment, my feet measure men's US size and width, 10-D and I comfortably wear all men's New Balance styles in this specific size and width. We strongly suggest visiting a shoe store where an associate may measure your feet on that specific device
Anyone tried this and had good results?

Last edited:
Have you tried 997 on half size down?
yup! had a pair of 997CCFs half down and it was way too tight in the toes to be wearable.

I felt that for Roses however, that i could go down half with their leather lining.

I went half down for the NYCs as well.

I'm assuming it's going to be a GR after all NB isn't into making things to limited ecspecially when it's MIUSA and a classic all grey CW. Also have yet to feel this plastic piece in any of my NBs.

If you have any NB's pre-2014, you'll notice the difference.

This is a pic of the HTB's that I just received from the online sale glitch. I even went into my local J Crew to pick the best of their stock.

I'm pressing the toebox to show the piece everyone's referring to. There's a definitive edge.

yep that's it, my htb are from before the restock and they are butter and did not have that piece.

Last edited:

Yup, I actually emailed NB customer service recently and got the following response;

Anyone tried this and had good results?
It's called a brannock device. With that my feet are measured to be US size 11.5 D. I wear US size 12 D for New Balance retros and fit comfortably with avg thickness socks.

The only model I find slightly narrow is 1500.

Last edited:
Any news on MRT580 Mita sneakers and where they may be dropping? Not sure what size to go for either so any help would be appreciated. I'm an 11.5 in 998s and 997s and 11 in 1300s.

Little brother is graduating from HS in early June, just booked my flight home. Really hoping to find some great deals in Brighton at the factory store with the no sales tax :smokin

Last edited:

Tried on the 997DEXP last weekend and they do not have the hard plastic bit, but sizing is way different from my 997CSIY.

All this sizing / shape stuff is so frustrating.

If you have any NB's pre-2014, you'll notice the difference.

This is a pic of the HTB's that I just received from the online sale glitch. I even went into my local J Crew to pick the best of their stock.

I'm pressing the toebox to show the piece everyone's referring to. There's a definitive edge.

If anyone has he 997DEXP is it? The navy horween. Try doing the massaging the toebox trick to get abetter shape. Mine made an audible crunching sound from what I'm assuming is that giant piece of turd in the toebox. Straight back to NB

Back
Top Bottom