Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Well doesn't help that everyone just sits around and complains about it and doesn't really do anything....

So is it safe to assume the Butterscotch joints are done? Was holding out hope for a restock but it's probably just wishful thinking.
I think online stock and in store stock is treated differently. Call a Jcrew store and they can do an inventory search on in store stock and tell you which stores have them. Then you can call the specific store directly and order over the phone. Give it a try and you might be surprised. That's also how I got 998 infernos from Atlanta several weeks after the release.  Call one of the larger Jcrew stores that had the in store release and see what happens. I'm in Illinois so I called Chicago and they had my size 8.5.

I think online stock and in store stock is treated differently. Call a Jcrew store and they can do an inventory search on in store stock and tell you which stores have them. Then you can call the specific store directly and order over the phone. Give it a try and you might be surprised. That's also how I got 998 infernos from Atlanta several weeks after the release.  Call one of the larger Jcrew stores that had the in store release and see what happens. I'm in Illinois so I called Chicago and they had my size 8.5.

Yea I would do that but you may legit have to cal 10 times and 10 different stores

Ebates is 15% off on newbalance.com today + 15% off NB1 with POLLIWOG.  decent discount for those looking to make a pair.

I grabbed them from concepts a few weeks ago.

Qaulity is great imo. Shape is great too but I'm not a shape nazi.
Crazy how bad their teaser pics looked and how good those look, looks just like the pair from last year

yea I'll never understand how people try and judge a shoe by a stock photo specially since they're made by hand and vary by pair and not CW

I got a size 10 Butterscotch put on hold at J Crew. Debating if I should go pick it up..

Last edited:

I got a size 10 Butterscotch put on hold at J Crew. Debating if I should go pick it up..
Probably your only chance to grab them at retail. I wouldn't hesitate on that if you're into them. The quality on them is top notch. 

Crazy how bad their teaser pics looked and how good those look, looks just like the pair from last year
Yeah these are killer in person.

Honestly I couldn't understand the grey cw hype for the longest time but getting these has made me realize how great it is.

I was blind but now I see 
What size are you?

How were people getting discounts on the Hilltop Blues them off the JCrew website?  It says excluded from promo and I can't manage to bring the price down at all. 
frown.gif

i've been looking for a pair of used c-notes for a while, and I found a used pair in good condition for 150, although they're a half size bigger than the 997s i wear (which are a teenie bit snug in the toe area). Should i jump on this, or keep waiting for one in my 997 size?

i've been looking for a pair of used c-notes for a while, and I found a used pair in good condition for 150, although they're a half size bigger than the 997s i wear (which are a teenie bit snug in the toe area). Should i jump on this, or keep waiting for one in my 997 size?
I wear the same size in 997's and 998's.  But $150 is too good of a deal to pass up on C-Notes, even if .5 size too big.  If the condition is great, then I say pull the trigger.

How were people getting discounts on the Hilltop Blues them off the JCrew website?  It says excluded from promo and I can't manage to bring the price down at all. 
frown.gif
Every now and then J Crew puts out a promo code that works on HTB/NB's. Its usually a mistake on J Crews end and gets fixed within the same day but everyone jumps on it when they can. My advice is sign up for their newsletter/email and try any promo code that you get. I got pebble blues like that and ultramarine's for $78 using that method.

I wear the same size in 997's and 998's.  But $150 is too good of a deal to pass up on C-Notes, even if .5 size too big.  If the condition is great, then I say pull the trigger.
i think the reason he priced them low is cuz they only have 2 out of the 3 laces and it doesn't have the original box. the other option is a pair of lightly worn ones (8.5/10) in my normal size with everything for 265. Even that is the lowest price i've seen besides 150. I'm in a dilemma haha

i think the reason he priced them low is cuz they only have 2 out of the 3 laces and it doesn't have the original box. the other option is a pair of lightly worn ones (8.5/10) in my normal size with everything for 265. Even that is the lowest price i've seen besides 150. I'm in a dilemma haha
Pics?

but my advice is to buy them for $150 and then you'll probably buy the other pair too because they are really that nice

Every now and then J Crew puts out a promo code that works on HTB/NB's. Its usually a mistake on J Crews end and gets fixed within the same day but everyone jumps on it when they can. My advice is sign up for their newsletter/email and try any promo code that you get. I got pebble blues like that and ultramarine's for $78 using that method.

Exactly. They randomly allow coupon codes on NB's. Sometimes it's with a new code and I've also seen it happen right before a code expires. I'm actually looking to grab another pair of HTB's so I've been trying daily on the current codes.

Back
Top Bottom