Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Legit check please on these gent pack 1500s

New Balance 997 M997DSAI size 10.5 $159.99 shipped. Legit seller I've bought at least a pair from this seller no issues. Regular price $260. Pretty nice discount if you want these now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Balance...368963?hash=item236382c183:g:MgoAAOSwll1WzM9v

Do yourself a favor. Dont buy from shoejock on ebay. I sware the dude sells b grades and defectives, which is why he prices so slow. Bought two times through him, and lets just say the third aint happening.

Hey guys

I just bought a pair of 998ROs off eBay and the seller conveniently took pictures in lighting that hid the yellowing of the midsole rubber. The white foam is fine, but the rubber is gone. I complained, but seeing as this seller was from Taiwan; I doubt I'll be getting a full refund. Even if I did, the whole process would gd incredibly tedious, sand I still want the shoes. Anyone know what I can do to make the best of the situation and try to restore my midsoles?

Last edited:
Top 5 concept/jcrew if you asked me..
1. 1500 freedom trails
2 kennedy 999s
3. Cnote and tannery 998
4. 999 seals
5. Hilltop 998s / Pebble Blue 998s

J crew makes some killer nb models. Loved the new navy, their 1400s, their 998s. But Concepts makes grails. Thats how I see it, but we are entitled to our own opinions as I respect everyone elses.

New Balance 997 M997DSAI size 10.5 $159.99 shipped. Legit seller I've bought at least a pair from this seller no issues. Regular price $260. Pretty nice discount if you want these now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Balance...368963?hash=item236382c183:g:MgoAAOSwll1WzM9v

Do yourself a favor. Dont buy from shoejock on ebay. I sware the dude sells b grades and defectives, which is why he prices so slow. Bought two times through him, and lets just say the third aint happening.

Sometimes you get pairs that should've been deemed seconds. I think it's probably happened to all of us when buying online. Just one of the drawbacks of buying shoes sight unseen, unfortunately.

Besides, him selling seconds doesn't make sense since he's selling new releases right away. And the low pricing makes perfect sense....all GR NBs end up discounted, so why not move your product at a discounted price sooner rather than later?

i have a few pair bought few shoe jockey that i did not have a issue with fwiw, on other hand i have bought shoe that had flaws. most recently from foot locker a pair of tubular radials that had 2 flaws which i was not happy with.

I always thought Kennedys were overrated but at the same time I've never owned a pair

1. 998 Tannery
2. 1400 Cork
3. 998 Pebble Blue
4. 1400 Dark Royal
5. 999 Seal

That'd be my J Crew/Concepts NB list.
With the Evergreen 1400 and Rose 997 as honorable mentions of course. I'm probably definitely in the minority but as a whole I like J Crews 1400 creations more than their 998's.

Last edited:
Hey guys

I just bought a pair of 998ROs off eBay and the seller conveniently took pictures in lighting that hid the yellowing of the midsole rubber. The white foam is fine, but the rubber is gone. I complained, but seeing as this seller was from Taiwan; I doubt I'll be getting a full refund. Even if I did, the whole process would gd incredibly tedious, sand I still want the shoes. Anyone know what I can do to make the best of the situation and try to restore my midsoles?

100% sure the slight discrepancy between the sole units was intended by NB. My pair looks exactly the same and I bought them directly from my local retailer...

My second favorite J. Crew for sure. I had to double up on these bad boys. I finally got my 10.5. & I can tell you the shape on the 10.5 compared to my 11 are night and day. I'm glad i doubled up and got my right size. I need to double up on the Pebble Blue now. Lovin' the toe box shape.

May I please get a price check on new balance 1500 colette la mjc sz8.5 DS condition? Thanks in advance fellas

How's Barney site rated for their online purchase? International shipping. Thinking to cop a on sale 998

100% sure the slight discrepancy between the sole units was intended by NB. My pair looks exactly the same and I bought them directly from my local retailer...
Wow really? Every picture/video I've ever seen of them showed them completely white; no sign of the cream anywhere.. Did you buy them recently or when they released?

Try magic eraser.  Just go light with it. 
Tried that already; nothing. Gonna try 40 Volume Creme as mentioned in YouTube videos and on the boards for restoring yellowed soles. I'm working with the eBay seller right now and he might cover the cost of my supplies + a little extra.

If it's supposed to be cream like that and the Google images are just overexposed, then I probably won't even bother.

Does NB rubber tend to age like that though? I always thought NB rubber was pretty solid, so it might just be the original colorway

Mine look the same also. Got mine from more than a year after release maybe two. either these just yellow after sitting in warehouses/collections after a while or it was intentional.

Back
Top Bottom