Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Most of yall aren't in the denim thread I assume, I mentioned pinroll cuffs in there and they started laughing lol

I am usually one to laugh. My sisters would kill me if I wore pin rolls/high waters...for good reason lol. The pin rolls above look good though, first time I actually repped one. The few pin rolls I've seen irl looked pretty wack.

Pin rolls with socks don't work IMO, but to each their own. 
I'm not a fan myself but I like it above, color blocking with socks gives the outfit a little more character. I don't pin roll much because most my jeans aren't the right cut to do so, I have to tailor most of them because slim straight jeans are tighter around my thigh but loose at the bottom half of my leg is skinny.

Not to go off topic too much but to those who do pinroll is that a practice you generally do? Taper the jeans or khaki on the bottom half to look cleaner for pinrolls. Just hard to have a pinroll convo in that denim thread, everyone want to wear jeans like the RZA in 93.

I'm not a fan myself but I like it above, color blocking with socks gives the outfit a little more character. I don't pin roll much because most my jeans aren't the right cut to do so, I have to tailor most of them because slim straight jeans are tighter around my thigh but loose at the bottom half of my leg is skinny.

Not to go off topic too much but to those who do pinroll is that a practice you generally do? Taper the jeans or khaki on the bottom half to look cleaner for pinrolls. Just hard to have a pinroll convo in that denim thread, everyone want to wear jeans like the RZA in 93.
Personally, I almost always pinroll jeans when I wear sneakers. I'm pretty short at 5' 7" and finding jeans in the length I'm looking for is almost impossible. Most jeans just end up being too long. For me, I just don't think jeans covering sneakers looks right. I think it works for other people, but the cuff just looks bunched up on me.

Personally, I almost always pinroll jeans when I wear sneakers. I'm pretty short at 5' 7" and finding jeans in the length I'm looking for is almost impossible. Most jeans just end up being too long. For me, I just don't think jeans covering sneakers looks right. I think it works for other people, but the cuff just looks bunched up on me.
You could just hem them to the proper length.

:lol: i just wore these camp socks because it's cold af in Florida right now. I normally only wear no-show with runners, but for extreme weather come extreme decisions.

laugh.gif

I was scared too @Rambo831  because you out here with the perfect scenery

It worked out regardless @VidiViciUn  I might need to do similar here in NY, I can only do no show sock like 2-3 months out the year

Can't be too lazy just to go to the tailor.

In my question above it wasn't about length, that's not my issue, I'm 6'1 and buy 36x32 but after I pinroll the jean isn't as skinny as I would like on the bottom portion of the jean.
Then you need to get the jeans tapered.  That will solve your problem.

The way I get the best jeans for me is I find the best pair of feeling and fitting jeans and then take it to a good tailor and have them taper and hem to fit like a more tapered version of APC Petit Standard.   Basically custom.

Then you need to get the jeans tapered.  That will solve your problem.

The way I get the best jeans for me is I find the best pair of feeling and fitting jeans and then take it to a good tailor and have them taper and hem to fit like a more tapered version of APC Petit Standard.   Basically custom.
Do you have any before and after pics of the tapering jobs?   I've got a bunch of jeans I need to sell or have tailored. 

No pics needed bro, just want to know if a good tailor can do work w/o the jeans looking like they've been tailored....if that makes sense. 
Oh for sure.  Mine don't look tailored at all.  If you are ever in La, go to Dr. Blue Jean. 

I can take some pics tonight of two pairs of the same jeans with the one I had tapered. 

No pics needed bro, just want to know if a good tailor can do work w/o the jeans looking like they've been tailored....if that makes sense. 

I'll take the pics lol but a good tailor Def can. I LOVE my tailor.

I'm only hesitant because idk how the taper will effect wearing high kicks. Imma just cop a cheap pair of h&m jeans or something to experiment with. I just know a good jean taper will make NB and AM1 look so much better

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom