Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Dumb question but do 997's fit like 998's?? Made a size mistake with Concepts and I want to get the right size this time lol
For me the 998 fits big, its shape gives it more room vs the 997 which is more snug in the front and sleeker/narrow throughout the heel and mid-foot. For reference I normally wear a uS13 in most New Balances, the 998 is one of the only ones I can size down to a 12 for a nice snug fit. The 997 I wear a 13, sizing down would be impossible. 

For me the 998 fits big, its shape gives it more room vs the 997 which is more snug in the front and sleeker/narrow throughout the heel and mid-foot. For reference I normally wear a uS13 in most New Balances, the 998 is one of the only ones I can size down to a 12 for a nice snug fit. The 997 I wear a 13, sizing down would be impossible. 
So you suggest TTS?

Dumb question but do 997's fit like 998's?? Made a size mistake with Concepts and I want to get the right size this time lol
Personally, I go .5 down from my true size for both and they fit perfectly. The 998 has a little extra room in the toe box, but it's comfortable for me. If I went a full size down I feel like it would be too snug. The concepts 998 release does fit a little bigger than the usual, but my .5 down is still fine for me. I just tie the laces a little tighter.

anyone got any tips for concepts answering their customer service emails?  i try to be nice and cordial with them, but my # one pet peeve is when they don't respond.  sick of the treatment these boutiques give us as customers.  no mutual respect at all.

on another note, am i seriously the only one who notices or cares that most of the "N" logos coming off these recent manufacturing lines are basically only like half glued on and falling off coming out of the box?  that or the leather itself is peeling off itself and splitting?

jeez.

/end rant

I've never seen or heard of that before. I would honestly recommend just going to a factory store if you got one near you. Boutiques are jokes now days, they don't care about the customer at all. Concepts anf kith make special return policy's for limited releases and most botuques try to sell seconds to customers instead of sending them back to the company. Any stor that does **** like that which is pretty much all botuques deserve no business. Not to mention the staff generally are very unhelpful and can't even answer general questions you have.

Last edited:
TBH never really had any issues with the boutiques here in the UK i mostly buy from END, Hanon, Footpatrol, Sneakersnstuff and Urban Industry, and although staff knowledge may not be top notch on products i don't really need that to make my purchases.

Customer service as regards shipping and returns if necessary has always been good across all of the boutiques but i believe we have different distance selling regulations here in the EU.

i have never bought from a US boutique to be fair but wouldn't really consider it based on some of the horror stories involving price hikes shipping taking weeks no returns and such.

As for quality issues i have had to return 2 NB pairs out of 8 NB pairs bought this year which to be hones is a lot for me previously when buying Adidas i only returned 1 pair in 4 years although this could be me just getting fussy as i get older.

Last edited:

Forgot I even had these
#OCF

Last edited:
Personally, I go .5 down from my true size for both and they fit perfectly. The 998 has a little extra room in the toe box, but it's comfortable for me. If I went a full size down I feel like it would be too snug. The concepts 998 release does fit a little bigger than the usual, but my .5 down is still fine for me. I just tie the laces a little tighter.
Thanks bro I think I'll end up going down .5..repped!

anyone got any tips for concepts answering their customer service emails?  i try to be nice and cordial with them, but my # one pet peeve is when they don't respond.  sick of the treatment these boutiques give us as customers.  no mutual respect at all.

on another note, am i seriously the only one who notices or cares that most of the "N" logos coming off these recent manufacturing lines are basically only like half glued on and falling off coming out of the box?  that or the leather itself is peeling off itself and splitting?

jeez.

/end rant
I've actually had pretty quick responses from Concepts and they have always helped with any problems. Are you sending your emails to [email protected]? I think there were 2 customer service email address at one point. I always tried both but only seem to here back from the ecommerce one.

thanks bro! I remember before these came out, I thought they would be super sought after due to the popularity of the pastel colors of AH and RP, i was way wrong as it turns out
I just started getting into NB a little to late to get these and now I can't find my size :frown: 

thanks bro! I remember before these came out, I thought they would be super sought after due to the popularity of the pastel colors of AH and RP, i was way wrong as it turns out
I got lucky and picked up my pair from a consignment shop for $60. They're a little snug since they're a half size smaller than I'm used to, but I'm still glad to have a pair. That colorway is great. 

Back
Top Bottom