Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Not really just something I find amusing, got these "sneaker heads" who complain about shape yet still buy the product and don't try to make progress for the community
how do you suggest we get New Balance to change the shape

This looks like a "Deconstructed" 1600 model to me. The midsole is definitely the same as the 1600 model, which i actually like a lot, very underrated model. 

yup, looks like the same exact sole after you mention it. I might have to check out a couple local places and see if they have these at all to see in person

Us Older guys had no idea it was that easy!

On a serious note- why do you care that some people in here care about shape and what we prefer to spend our money on?
He's a troll. Argues with multiple people in multiple threads. 

Not really just something I find amusing, got these "sneaker heads" who complain about shape yet still buy the product and don't try to make progress for the community as a whole besides the 2 across the pond, nothing has been done about MiUSA models really. Also seeing how you can't remember your original post regarding a price point. Also your so against GY2 yet some have just as good shape as a GY yet you would rather spend twice the amount of money for the same product with a different midsole is in fact stupid logic. Also if there is a difference chances are its very small and the only people who would know are IG followers who see an up clse pic, people in the streets won't really notice unless at a sneaker convention and I doubt anyone will say anything. So it does seem you do care what people on IG think because a regular pedestrian won't notice that tiny difference.
All I did was reference that I care what I spend my money on, cause I work hard to make it, and don't have a ton of it... But some things are worth more money to me than others. I don't care who else notices the differences, because I do, I don't follow NB like a sheep and don't hold other brands to the same standard as NB. I am not against GY2, I said the GY is my favorite shoe and I would likely rather spend more money to buy exactly what I want, instead of spending less for something that is ALMOST what I want. Not sure while caring about details for something you spend your money on affects anyone else.

Keep in mind, this started just because I referenced how great I thought a certain shoe was and you took offense to my opinion and assumed all of these other things about myself and others who think like I do

All I did was reference that I care what I spend my money on, cause I work hard to make it, and don't have a ton of it... But some things are worth more money to me than others. I don't care who else notices the differences, because I do, I don't follow NB like a sheep and don't hold other brands to the same standard as NB. I am not against GY2, I said the GY is my favorite shoe and I would likely rather spend more money to buy exactly what I want, instead of spending less for something that is ALMOST what I want. Not sure while caring about details for something you spend your money on affects anyone else.

Keep in mind, this started just because I referenced how great I thought a certain shoe was and you took offense to my opinion and assumed all of these other things about myself and others who think like I do
You don't have a lot of money but yet you justify spending $100 more on a small color difference in the midsole. Sounds logical.

I think dude needs to take a break from sneaker forums and get some punani or better punani.
roll.gif
 Take this rep! 

You don't have a lot of money but yet you justify spending $100 more on a small color difference in the midsole. Sounds logical.

You have more posts than me there buddy so seems like you spend less time on NT.

Just stop. You're alone on this one and you're acting like a punk. This thread has always been pretty peaceful. Your negativity is unnecessary.

You have more posts than me there buddy so seems like you spend less time on NT.

I don't cause problems over another's perspective or try to argue with them. Also it's easier to do business within this community if you have some visibility, in your case this may not apply. Obviously, constantly arguing online reflects on your own character.

Just stop. You're alone on this one and you're acting like a punk. This thread has always been pretty peaceful. Your negativity is unnecessary.
Not being negative at all, he brought up logic and thinks it makes more sense to spend $100 more over a small detail in the midsole. Which is fine but when you say you don't have a lot money and  would rather spend $100 more that is the opposite of logical.

I don't cause problems over another's perspective or try to argue with them. Also it's easier to do business within this community if you have some visibility, in your case this may not apply. Obviously, constantly arguing online reflects on your own character.
Oh no visibility in the NT thread, my life is ruined.

Am I the only one that feels that the Grand Tourers fit a WHOLE size bigger than the usual 998's? 

Picked up a 7 (which is my usual 998 size) and wish I got a 6.5. 

And to clarify, I am a true 7.5 in practically all Nikes.

Last edited:

Am I the only one that feels that the Grand Tourers fit a WHOLE size bigger than the usual 998's? 

Picked up a 7 (which is my usual 998 size) and wish I got a 6.5. 

And to clarify, I am a true 7.5 in practically all Nikes.
I wear a size 8 in nikes and I went with a size 7 and they fit perfect! I wear size 7.5 in asics and saucony....

I wear a size 8 in nikes and I went with a size 7 and they fit perfect! I wear size 7.5 in asics and saucony....
Yeah I prefer my shoes snug and this pair has just a slight bit more room than I'd want. It'll be fine with thick socks but I love wearing thin socks.

I dunno, we'll see. If anyone is looking for a 7, hit the DM.

Anyone have the Emerald 998's in hand with pics...deciding on whether to pull trigger at 118$ shipped

Anyone have the Emerald 998's in hand with pics...deciding on whether to pull trigger at 118$ shipped

That's a great price...shoe is definitely a must have in my opinion..color blocking is on point and quality is very good..here are some pics I snapped real quick...

That's a great price...shoe is definitely a must have in my opinion..color blocking is on point and quality is very good..here are some pics I snapped real quick...
Good looks...appreciate!...Gonna scoop up. Prob regret if I dont catch em this low

Back
Top Bottom