Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

^ Dope Playboy Pants my nig! 
nthat.gif

Just opened my M998 emerald greens and am disappointed. Green dye stains on the heel tab, which I can deal
with, but the over all shape and cut of the shoe is so bulky now compared to earlier 998. Mainly the toe wrap. Just looks dumb now. They also
fit larger than all of my other 998's.

Just opened my M998 emerald greens and am disappointed. Green dye stains on the heel tab, which I can deal
with, but the over all shape and cut of the shoe is so bulky now compared to earlier 998. Mainly the toe wrap. Just looks dumb now. They also
You got a pic?   If it's bad I'd return them.  I've owned 3 jacked up pairs of NB, 2 which were NB1, the other a 996.  All three times I've been able to return them. 

You got a pic?   If it's bad I'd return them.  I've owned 3 jacked up pairs of NB, 2 which were NB1, the other a 996.  All three times I've been able to return them. 
He probably didn't get from NB but I'm sure you'll be able to return wherever he got them. Also yea toe wrap has been getting bulkier/ very hit or miss. That's why I wait till I can cop for atleast 50 percent off, can't pay full retail for worse quality

He probably didn't get from NB but I'm sure you'll be able to return wherever he got them. Also yea toe wrap has been getting bulkier/ very hit or miss. That's why I wait till I can cop for atleast 50 percent off, can't pay full retail for worse quality
I agree fully, must cop at a heavy discount now a days, and pray you get a good pair. 

Where do you guys get extra laces from? I wish NB sold all the colors they have available with NB1, but their lace selection is lacking. 
Yeah man, I got a NB1 pair in my wishlist.  I needed lead laces to make it perfect.  Let me know if you find a solution. 

Yes I usually wait until discounts come along but had some extra cash this time. This is the first time a NB purchase has been a disappointment. I put my emeralds side by side to my jcrew 998js1 and the difference is beyond significant. Come on NB get back on it.

Anybody size down on 577's? I wear a 10.5 in 998/997.... Can i get away with a 10 in a 577?
The toebox is slightly more boxy on 577s, so possibly. Also, my 577fw is a few mm shorter than my 998cel. My 577 UK size is the same as 997/998 though. I'm unsure if I could size down any more, toe box material might affect fit.

Thanks for the sizing help on the 577 fellas. I think I'll pass on going a half size down. I don't wanna risk them being too snug.

Last edited:

998 toe wrap has been getting worse and worse. Really unfortunate. 998's are my favorite NB model but they're slowly being ruined.

Just picked up the NB 2016 in black from west nyc- they're heat.  

Trust me when I say this.  If theres a shop with pairs, you should check them out.  They're cut like a 997/ 1500 hybrid and the comfort is excellent.  The shape looks much better in person, and the comfort is very good.

Just picked up the NB 2016 in black from west nyc- they're heat.  

Trust me when I say this.  If theres a shop with pairs, you should check them out.  They're cut like a 997/ 1500 hybrid and the comfort is excellent.  The shape looks much better in person, and the comfort is very good.
pics?

Just got in 3 pairs of NBs. Whoever posted the link for 60 dollars for the Budweiser 997 thanks bro, really. There dope. I also got my pair of NB1s that are super basic, and now that I've seen some others I wish I would've put some color into them and made them pop but I wear them all the time especially in rainy Seattle. Lastly I picked up the new balance sneaker politics 999 for 150 bucks because I had some PayPal money that I couldn't withdraw because they froze my account because you know PayPal there bureaucratic ********. Kind upset that the one dude post them for 120 but I think that happens to all of us.

Back
Top Bottom