Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

@bds120 clean! Can't wait for my pair tomorrow!

A general question to anyone here, has anyone used or put on a water protector on their pairs?the case 999 will officially be my first new balance(I've had stuff I bought from the outlets + admired from a far on the higher quality releases. Lol). I know the suede they use is a higher quality so I really don't wanna ruin it. And sorry if it sounds dumb or maybe even offensive to others. I love to wear my shoes but catch 22 I'm very careful with them and clean them after every wear to preserve them. I have crep spray protect and was wondering if anyone has used that or alike products and if they'd recommend it or nah? Appreciate the input!
Funny enough I spray every shoe as soon as I get them that way I know they are done...first time was a PITA because I had to spray like 30 shoes. I used the spray right out of walmart that has a great rating on amazon. Not a single issue and I personally tested on my Premier 998s afterwards under faucet in kitchen and it was golden.

This is what I used... Amazon product ASIN B003ZTXPJ6
Spray...let dry, spray again and let dry for a day and golden afterwards.

@Krueger3737 yeah kinda scared myself. Appreciate the input fam.

@bds120 thanks man. Really helpful. May have to buy and try. So no change on the texture of the suede?
Nah, I am good with it. I say try a old pair of kicks...see if you like it then proceed. Once it dried...I did not have and color change issues or nothing. I will keep using it...if that helps

just received my NB1 perforated upgrade 'koi' colorway. did it on the last day before NB took the upgrade down[/quote]
[url=https://niketalk.com/members/112372]@impulsive303[/url] Is that white or nimbus cloud?
[/quote]
Nimbus Cloud is the white, pretty positive they never had just a "white" suede option up for the 998. 

[url=https://niketalk.com/members/112372]@impulsive303[/url]  these are nicely done, just wish that NB would offer the soles like they do with the upper so you could pick and choose from diff colors for each piece of the midsole cause black where the lead is would be the perfect finish to this pair. 

$126 would been no question. If you don't mind me.asking, how was that possible
Every once in a while, there's a loophole of sorts on the JCrew website where their 3rd party items normally excluded from discount inexplicably aren't.  The ensuing "feast" is usually ephemeral however as JCrew tends to quickly rectify the matter by deading the code on those products, so you just have to keep your eyes peeled and strike whilst the proverbial iron is hot.

Whatever the case, last time there was a 30% off banger, I carted a pair and took a screen-shot because, due to my APO address, I couldn't order outright.  I kept getting an error saying, they couldn't ship the item to my location.  
mad.gif
  So, having ordered from JCrew US previously, I inquired with their customer service team as to why, all of a sudden, I was experiencing this roadblock.  Apparently, the recent stock listed on the site for the HTB's was actually allocation from their physical stores and they can only ship via UPS from brick-and-mortar JCrew locales.  Since delivery to my APO requires shipment by USPS carriers, I was stuck.  Mind you, the last 3-4 times one of these codes "worked", I tried to buy the HTBs which I've had my eyes set on since they initially dropped, but just didn't want to deal with the hassle of circumnavigating the BS I was encountering.  

Enter my man @fo****zles  and those ridiculous pictures he stunted of the HTB on page 1559.  After having "seent" those, I finally said, "enough is enough, I'm getting those b'z once and for all".  So...and this is no exaggeration...I literally picked up the phone at that precise moment and called JCrew customer service to explain my disdain over my (unnecessary) predicament, but mostly to see what they could do for me.  They were more than willing to accommodate me in honoring the code (for my troubles) and let me order a pair and have it sent to a friend in the states.  Typically, many e-tailers won't accept orders if your billing/shipping addresses don't match, but they did in this instance so, long story short, my pair is on the way...

Sorry for the long-winded response, but you asked.  
tongue.gif
  That's my HTB story y'all.   

Every once in a while, there's a loophole of sorts on the JCrew website where their 3rd party items normally excluded from discount inexplicably aren't.  The ensuing "feast" is usually ephemeral however as JCrew tends to quickly rectify the matter by deading the code on those products, so you just have to keep your eyes peeled and strike whilst the proverbial iron is hot.

Whatever the case, last time there was a 30% off banger, I carted a pair and took a screen-shot because, due to my APO address, I couldn't order outright.  I kept getting an error saying, they couldn't ship the item to my location.  
mad.gif
  So, having ordered from JCrew US previously, I inquired with their customer service team as to why, all of a sudden, I was experiencing this roadblock.  Apparently, the recent stock listed on the site for the HTB's was actually allocation from their physical stores and they can only ship via UPS from brick-and-mortar JCrew locales.  Since delivery to my APO requires shipment by USPS carriers, I was stuck.  Mind you, the last 3-4 times one of these codes "worked", I tried to buy the HTBs which I've had my eyes set on since they initially dropped, but just didn't wanted to deal with the hassle of circumnavigating the BS I was encountering.  

Enter my man @fo****zles
 and those ridiculous pictures he stunted of the HTB on page 1559.  After having "seent" those, I finally said, "enough is enough, I'm getting those b'z once and for all".  So...and this is no exaggeration...I literally picked up the phone at that precise moment and called JCrew customer service to explain my disdain over my (unnecessary) predicament, but mostly to see what they could do for me.  They were more than willing to accommodate me in honoring the code (for my troubles) and let me order a pair and have it sent to a friend in the states.  Typically, many e-tailers won't accept orders if your billing/shipping addresses don't match, but they did in this instance so, long story short, my pair is on the way...

Sorry for the long-winded response, but you asked.  
tongue.gif
  That's my HTB story y'all.   
Nice! Happy you got em. Sounds like jcrew c/s is pretty good. Hope to see them pics when you finally get em.

I've been itching to pull the trigger even at retail price but have had to hold back. The minute I get a discount and still available I'm buying no question.
I really do love Jcrew for their customer service and help, I think in today's world of online shopping and the emergence of millions of e-shops they really do go under appreciated for their willingness to help and accommodate their customer base. There's been plenty of times where I saw something on sale from their site but needed sizes for determining the fit. I can't tell you how many times I have tweeted their Twitter page Jcrew Help asking for measurements on all types of garments or asking them to look up the inventory for any of their stores around me. I have literally tweeted them 15 mins from midnight one time saying I needed help on sizing asap cause the sale was gonna end at 12 and they responded like 5 mins later with the clutch save lol. 

Considering those premier were 220 160 ain't that bad. Ya'll think this pack will actually sell out or drop at other spots?

Nimbus Cloud is the white, pretty positive they never had just a "white" suede option up for the 998. 

@impulsive303
 these are nicely done, just wish that NB would offer the soles like they do with the upper so you could pick and choose from diff colors for each piece of the midsole cause black where the lead is would be the perfect finish to this pair. 
Quick question. Did u use the white 3m for the backing on N. Or suede nimbus cloud? Thx

Considering those premier were 220 160 ain't that bad. Ya'll think this pack will actually sell out or drop at other spots?
These will NOT be dropping at other spots from what i've heard/read...because of the Warner Bros. thing it will exclusive at BAIT. Not sure how hard it will be to cop, guessing not too difficult based on the amount of negative feedback/general distaste for this collab. I'm not that big a fan of the M580 shoes (not Made In USA for one thing and they are too wide for me)...and this collab doesn't come close to doing anything special for me. I think the G.I. JOE thing is kind of cheeze sauce anyways, but  you know thats just, like, my opinion man.

Heritage 997's for #officecarpetfriday $126 on Urban Outfitters makes this pair even sweeter than they already are. May be my absolute favorite pair of New Balances...These are going to get worn to ****, maybe should go ahead and pick up a 2nd pair. If anybody is on the fence about these, they are just awesome in person. The N logo and stitching is not Orange like it looks in most pictures, it is in fact Red. NB really nailed it with this shoe. 

These just landed.

998 "Georgia Peach"
(Designed and won these in the NB1 Design Contest on Instagram)
I internally hated on these when they were chosen, with all due respect. But Jesus man, you killed it. They're much much better in person!

I internally hated on these when they were chosen, with all due respect. But Jesus man, you killed it. They're much much better in person!

[emoji]128514[/emoji]. I didn't expect them to mess with picking these because they weren't one of my personal favorites I did for the contest, but they came together crazy good. The factory did an incredible job and the colorway translated much better than I originally anticipated. [emoji]128591[/emoji] I appreciate it, man!

Back
Top Bottom