Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

i have two pairs of gentleman's choice 1500 to put up on ebay. if the paper is torn can i list them as deadstock or does that negate their ds status? 
nah they NDS now
ya might as well just drop them off at Plato's Closet now 
grin.gif

FYI:   NewBalance is having a "friends & family" sale at their outlets the end of October.... 40% off everything.

NB employees get an email they can forward to friends & family. bring in the email and get the discount.
If anyone can forward me this email, I can help some fellow NTer's out with CCF, NVY, DCS, and whatever else they have the Brighton factory store.  
If what he said is true I got you bro, I've been trying to get some Orange Goods lol for awhile now not sure if there still around in a size 13 though. I'll ask my manager about this tomorrow cause its the first I'm hearing about it since these sales are pretty rare and randomly done.

Honestly comparing them to an athletic runner like those Nikes is Apples to Oranges. They're not going to feel like a Sneaker because they aren't really in the same category, they are a "lifestyle" retro shoe if that is what you had to call them. Comparing them to something like an Asics Gel Lyte or even a Rebooks Classics would give you a better idea of how they are going to feel if you are familiar with those brands. For one the shoe is mostly suede, so its going to be thicker and heavier than a knit or all mesh Nike. Secondly its going to feel bulkier and a lot more sturdy than something with pure plush foam or air midsole tech like the Racer. IMO they fit big compared to trainers/runners, I wear a solid 13 in all three of those Nikes but I find a 12 with a thinner/no-show sock fits snug but just right once broken in. The best thing for you if you are unfamiliar with NB Lifestyle shoes is to go somewhere where you can try on a Made in USA shoe cause they feel nothing like the lower end imported NB kicks you normally see in retailers like the asian made 574 and 501. 

Hope that helps, feel free to message me with any questions. I'm a huge 998 fan and personally own lots of pairs with it being my favorite NB Lifestyle shoe. 
It was a question for a size comparison, not fit comparison, but good info anyways. :tongue:

And totally agree with you, 998 is my favourite NB shoe as well.

Hey guys, im new to this thread.

how do the 998s fit?

size comparison to roshes, flyknit trainers, or racers?
I have a narrow foot and prefer a snug fit.

I wear 8.5 in racers, 8.5 in padded trainers, 8 in unpadded trainers.

I wear 7.5 in NB 998 and they fit perfect.
He asked how they fit? So I described the fit lol He asked how the size would differ in regards to a runner like Nikes so I told him my size in both. I edited my post when I realized I forgot to add that the 12 is what I wear in the 998. It did seem confusing if you were taking my wording literally I guess since I said 13 than 12 lol. I just hate whenever im looking for a size comparison of a certain shoes and all you find are posts like, ".5 up" or "TTS". Everyone's foot is different and one persons described TTS may mean something totally different for the other poster so i thought I would write a little more detail thinking it would give him an accurate depiction of what to expect and how the difference btw the 2 shoes would matter when considering size. Idk just trying to be helpful I guess lol.

Nice...I was right there.added to cart and pressed paypal check out and it sold out of the size 12. Hopefully tomorrow is better.
Man that sucks... Im lucky to be in that 9-10 size so a few extra are always made.

I think I'm passing. I really like the case 999s but the last few NB 999 pairs I've had have had terrible quality, paint chipping after just a few wears :smh:

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, revlite 580s in really bright colourblocking
There is also a gray colorway not pictured, I grabbed it from end for $115 shipped. Never worn 580's so I'm hoping they are comfy.

http://sneakernews.com/2015/08/23/new-balance-mt580-in-a-grey-palette/

Can anyone speak of the quality of general release 574's vs something like general release Ascis Gel Saga or Saucony Shadow 5000? My saucony's nubuck/suede has held up great, but lots of paint chipping on the soles and some yellowing in the cracks on the soles. I rotate 2 pairs but they are getting a little beat up

Last edited:
580s are like really light 999s to me. Roughly the same heel toe drop, but with revlite instead of azorb.

Think the comfort on asics gel series is generally better than the gr 574s, but material wise they're about on par. Can't speak about saucony cause I've only ever owned the reverse mints.

580s are like really light 999s to me. Roughly the same heel toe drop, but with revlite instead of azorb.

Think the comfort on asics gel series is generally better than the gr 574s, but material wise they're about on par. Can't speak about saucony cause I've only ever owned the reverse mints.
The'yre all different...they got your crappy squisy ones like your grid 9000...and then you have the more structured kicks like the grid sd and the shadow 6.Kind of all over the board.

Last edited:
so which nb model would you say the 999s fit more similar to? the 997, 998, 1300 ,1400, or 530s?

Tried looking for a pair of 999s to try on today in the city but couldn't find any

Back
Top Bottom