Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

That red is super bright in real life compared to the ID shot
The red isnt quite that bright in real life. In the pic the red almost has a sheen to it. But overall, yes I do agree that the "deep ember" is a touch lighter in hand than in the editor. 

nah i think you would have been better off buying. they are going above and beyond with this initial rollout to make sure everyone is satisfied. they are giving them codes for a free pair in addition to re-shipping a corrected version of the botched order. plus i believe some are told to keep the original botched pair as well. three pairs of customs for the price of one. granted one is faulty but would be a great beater. guys have ordered 574 and 990 customs long into the process. quality has gotten worse. it's really hit or miss with how they turn out. depends on the person assigned to making your pair i guess.

Thanks for the info cause if my pair comes in with diagonal mesh I'm definitely going to contact NB to get it corrected. Waiting patiently. Mine still says pending but who knows.

Technically working from home today so I can actually participate! #officecarpetfriday

Oh and one other tid bit on those customs that hasnt been pointed out yet. My pair was the perforated pair and on the editor the bottom half of the tongue is shown and being perforated but in actuality its just non perf suede. Not a big deal since its covered by laces but still a error/difference. 

For those of you sick of custom talk...keep moving.

I know there were people interested in how they colors come out. 

Toe and heel: lead

Saddle: Gunmetal

Perf toe and tongue: deep ember

3m hits: Embers

Plastic lace eylet: grey

Plastic on the side: black

Hope that helps. 
Repped - thanks for posting the 'before'/after and the color list!

Oh and one other tid bit on those customs that hasnt been pointed out yet. My pair was the perforated pair and on the editor the bottom half of the tongue is shown and being perforated but in actuality its just non perf suede. Not a big deal since its covered by laces but still a error/difference. 
Hmm - I would contact NB CS about that.  Agree that it's not a big deal - but they might try to 'make it right' for you.

Last edited:

Repped - thanks for posting the 'before'/after and the color list!

Hmm - I would contact NB CS about that.  Agree that it's not a big deal - but they might try to 'make it right' for you.
No problem.

Ehhh i might but ive got bigger fish to fry at the moment with my other mesh pair that went missing from the factory lol 

Hilltop Blues are a must. Guess I missed the preorder, did they email that out? haven't been checking in here much lately..

Hilltop Blues are a must. Guess I missed the preorder, did they email that out? haven't been checking in here much lately..
No. People were just calling in when they found out about them. A few people here said that the pre-orders sold out, but it doesn't hurt to call anyways and see. 

Back
Top Bottom