Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

yea I don't see why the stripe is only in black. that seems like something that should obviously be customizable. it's unfortunate if so, but should be fixed in the future

I never thought I would be saying "I can't wait until Monday".
laugh.gif

another custom I found. Man, I'm so excited for tomorrow.
that's nice.  i plan to make something similar to this... with a predominantly white upper.  let's just hope they give us good plentiful options so we can go nuts...  :D

Just placed my pre-order for the Hilltop Blues. The woman instantly knew which pair I was talking about when I said "I want to preorder the new balance 998." They must be getting bombarded with calls for them. :lol:  She said the expected shipping date is June 15th, so who knows which date is accurate. All i know is, I can't wait for them!

Where are you preordering from ?? like who do i call

Amazing news. Those rose golds and the blues are so nice. I want to get creative on a pair for sure, but those two are 
nthat.gif

@upnorthtips, I just emailed J Crew ordering them about 4-5 hours ago. Go to the contact us section on their website. It may take a few tries, it depends who responds to you. It took me a few times for someone kind enough to go through with preordering to answer 

997 > 998. The 998 tongue is soo long. If the 998 came out with more pebbled tongues I would rate 998/997 pretty similarly. Still breaking in my first 998 so I'm biased.

@upnorthtips
, I just emailed J Crew ordering them about 4-5 hours ago. Go to the contact us section on their website. It may take a few tries, it depends who responds to you. It took me a few times for someone kind enough to go through with preordering to answer 

Ive called several times and they just keep saying their systems down... did you simply call customer service ?

Ive called several times and they just keep saying their systems down... did you simply call customer service ?
my preorder came through by mail (at first). responded to me a few hours later. unfortunately when i was able to answer i just received an automatic response. in the end i got a return call (!!!) from another personal stylist and was able to phone order. and man, i'm living in germany... don't want to know their phone bill! superb service from j.crew.

Last edited:
Man every pair looks spectacular.
This.
I don't know how I'm going to narrow it down to one or even two pairs to start.
That salmon colorway is amazing looking.
Hopefully the site doesn't crash tomorrow so I can mess around with it all day at work.

Really hope the black section of the midsole is some thing limited to pre production or something, it would be pretty lame if that were the only option. Otherwise I can't wait!

what kinda ig tags you guys searching to find these pics yo?

and the people that preordered, did you guys get some kind of confirmation email?

Hopefully these don't sell out like some of the nike id's. I already know i'm gonna be overwhelmed by the options and am gonna end up taking several days to order

Last edited:
Turnaround time for a pair takes about 2 days.

That said the demand for the 574/990/993s weren't exactly high.

998s will very likely be a different matter. 

Really hope the black section of the midsole is some thing limited to pre production or something, it would be pretty lame if that were the only option. Otherwise I can't wait!
Theres usually 2 options for the sole on customs, but with the 998 having the split sole/absorb cushioning I'm hoping they make that an option to change. Overall I'd say certain colors they have will sell out pretty fast once the excitement hits but will hopefully be back up after they restock. The only thing that may help us is the 200 price point that dissuades part of the population from buying. 

Imagine if Nike did the same thing with Air Max 1s but WITH the original shape, I would have the same reaction lol
I would scream like a little girl.

Also, Aren't custom NBs way faster than nike IDs as well?
Wayyy faster lol but also no returns :/ I'm prob gonna wait a couple weeks so I can get an idea what some of the colors look like in person since the 3d model isn't always 100% accurate in regards to certain tints/shades of brighter colors. 

Looking like gum sole option to be added for 574 ... you all have all the fun you want with the 998... I'll be over here quietly ordering a couple pairs of 574's the next time customs are available at a disco. 998's don't fit my foot well. 

Looking like gum sole option to be added for 574 ... you all have all the fun you want with the 998... I'll be over here quietly ordering a couple pairs of 574's the next time customs are available at a disco. 998's don't fit my foot well. 
Tongue is diff colored mesh than the rest...finally...a welcome addtion.  and gum sole! 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom