Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Got a pair of salmon soles size 10.5, bought them from kith online the day of release. thought i would like them more, but if i havnt wore them by now than i dont like them enough. not looking for rape but if somebody needs them, let me know.

Thanks for the heads up...repped.

From the looks of these it appears their just another custom 574...this really is the new fad with boutiques. Design a custom 574, order a bunch of them, and sell em as a collaboration. 
mean.gif

Hey all, Im not an avid collector of sneakers and I don't claim to know anything about this hobby. However I like what I see and a few pair of trainers this year I have seen and tried to get my hands on. My sister happened to be in NYC at Kith on the day of the Salmon sole release, there was some guy sat in a car outside paying folks who were on the list to get a pair of these salmon soles. She said he took at least 10 sets while she was stood there. Obviously because it is one pair per person. I do think its a joke the whole resale market and what people expect to get for a pair of sneakers that probably only cost maybe £30 to make. I have bought a pair or two of treads that Im not real keen on, but I wont be selling them on ebay for a stupid price, I will just keep them and use for work. I find it incredibly irritating how a release here in UK at footpatrol, was only available to me at a crazy price from Barcelona. Plus shipping. I got a pair of the west NYC,s which Im really not keen on in the flesh, these will end up as work shoes, but I woudn't expect someone to pay $300 for them. I buy any shoes because I like them, never to skin someone else. Basically after my rant, 2 fingers to the whole resale market for greedy profits!

Looking for the Burn Rubber x New Balance m580, ubiq will have a cyber monday sale of 30% off with coupon (CyberMonday30) from 7.5-12, sans size 9, starts at midnight tonight (12am est)

http://www.ubiqlife.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ID=8787

so they come out to be 105$ (sans shipping) (retail 150$)

EDIT: DISREGARD, I failed to check myself, sorry guys , per dtb00201: "Those have been sold out for a while. Ubiq tends to keep sizes listed in the drop box, but when you add to cart you'll see a little pink message that says not available." 

Last edited:
I'm speaking in regards to the new-found popularity of sneaker "collecting" as a whole. However, that ultimately affects reselling so to expand on that, I think you're confusing "sneakerheads" versus fads. Yes, there are more new and potential long-standing collectors in this current day, but that is far outweighed by those temporarily in it for whatever reason(s). Most limited releases are not staying as limited as they were before though. The Seals were supposed to be as limited as the Kennedys that released last year. Now, I can't even count how many times those were replenished. If you want to get technical, a true limited release is a 1-of-X and we certainly didn't have a surplus of releases that fit that category this year or even last. For the most part, a fair amount of people who genuinely want those end-up getting them for retail. That only leaves a select amount of pairs that are able to be resold. (This includes those who regularly line-up to flip and those just entering.) Even then, most true collectors have limitations. Yes, a few are sold at outrageous prices, but only a select few are able to get a taste of that. Now if everyone is a reseller lining up or ordering, you still only have that X amount getting a profit. If you want to give me a lesson on supply & demand, I'd also suggest looking into the theories and consequences of saturation...
Edit: I agree though. I don't see resellers disappearing anytime soon as well. However, I see the concept of it hitting it's peak and then, inevitably, hitting a decline...
Not disagreeing with you here. I too believe that the current "sneakerhead" phenomenon is just a fad, and most true sneaker collectors have limitations for spending. Hopefully this trend of limited releases straight from New Balance ID will catch the resellers off guard, and they'll start to fizzle out.

Just reading this made my day. Even if it doesn't happen it's good to know there are still good folks on NT.

For those of you looking , Salmon Soles (1300NSL) from End Clothing drop tomorrow at 5 am EST:

Price: 190 GBP = 304.00 USD (Roughly)

Also be aware of the potential customs fees that come along with international dealers, specifically Endclothing. I ordered
a pair of shoes from them and was hit with a $54.00 dollar Fedex bill a few weeks after receiving my shoes.

For those of you looking , Salmon Soles (1300NSL) from End Clothing drop tomorrow at 5 am EST:
Price: 190 GBP = 304.00 USD[ (Roughly)
Also be aware of the potential customs fees that come along with international dealers, specifically Endclothing. I ordered
a pair of shoes from them and was hit with a $54.00 dollar Fedex bill a few weeks after receiving my shoes.

:x

^^ hahaha I like end clothing but if you really want these shoes, you will be willing to do the following (based on EST time):

-Wake up at 4:50 AM (EST) to cyber camp (F5 button breaking)

-If you get the shoe, you will have to pay 190 GBP (20% for non EU buyers = 152 GBP (sans shipping))

-pay the shipping around £12.95 (Fed Ex International Courier) so pretty much 275$

-wait a gut-wrenching week or so for these shoes to come in

-pay fedex for doing there job again (customs)

... overall, this will get messy but best of luck to everyone

Last edited:
Looking for the Burn Rubber x New Balance m580, ubiq will have a cyber monday sale of 30% off with coupon (CyberMonday30) from 7.5-12, sans size 9, starts at midnight tonight (12am est)

http://www.ubiqlife.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ID=8787

so they come out to be 105$ (sans shipping) (retail 150$)

Those have been sold out for a while. Ubiq tends to keep the sizes listed in the drop box, but when you add to cart you'll see a little pink message that says not available.

End clothing say they charge $15 shipping for US customers

They have some good stuff on there right now btw for 20% off

Thanks for the heads up...repped.

From the looks of these it appears their just another custom 574...this really is the new fad with boutiques. Design a custom 574, order a bunch of them, and sell em as a collaboration. :smh:

Those are US574 customs, but I don't think they're hiding the fact. The pair on the right look a lot like the Low End Theory customs Mars did a while back. (I think NB had a lot less colour options for customizing around that time too.)

got this email from Premier (Grand Rapids, MI) pretty good deals. They have 577FMN, 996, 999, 1500 and more

Following up the madness of Black Friday with more specials for Cyber Monday. All orders over $100 will be discounted 15%, including all sale items, on Monday from midnight to midnight. Web customers us coupon code: CYBER15.

http://www.thepremierstore.com/products.cfm?CatID=Search

Found a pair of salmon soles deadstock, size 11. $260 shipped. If your interested shoot me a pm and ill send you the link. 

Beware End Clothing if you are a US buyer.  The shop is great. BUT I've bought kicks from many overseas retailers and for some reason the ONLY one that I've consistently been SLAMMED with customs fees is End.  It has to do with how they document their shipments and the fact that they use Fedex for shipping.  Example: $250 purchase + $15 shipping....... AND a $65 customs fee bill from Fedex a week after I got my shoes. Total $330!!!!!  
mad.gif
  I've since contacted End to ask if they are willing to mark a lower value on the package and they have said no.    

Beware End Clothing if you are a US buyer.  The shop is great. BUT I've bought kicks from many overseas retailers and for some reason the ONLY one that I've consistently been SLAMMED with customs fees is End.  It has to do with how they document their shipments and the fact that they use Fedex for shipping.  Example: $250 purchase + $15 shipping....... AND a $65 customs fee bill from Fedex a week after I got my shoes. Total $330!!!!!  >:   I've since contacted End to ask if they are willing to mark a lower value on the package and they have said no.    

I ordered from them once and haven't ordered from them since. They valued my shoes at their marked up price and then labeled them as "collectible sports memorabilia". Fedex had a field day with that!

Back
Top Bottom