Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Just got these in from the PYS sale extravaganza.  $130 shipped!  Boo-yah!  :tongue:

In my opinion, this is the best color-way of the 997 to release thus far.  Believe dat!

At any rate...playing around with the laces a bit.  Pulled a set of burgundy joints from my Koyos.  I think they look good on these DTE's.  It's just a matter of if I want to accentuate the burgundy in the shoe that much.  I do like the pop the stock white laces give them however, so I'm a bit torn.  Hmmm...decisions, decisions.    

Thoughts?  
They look better than I thought they would in person. I'm hesistant to pull the trigger on the "Catcher in the Rye" pair in hopes of another sale to catch these. I still haven't seen the Ryes in person so I'm holding off. Burgundy laces are dope, but White looks better Fam.

White laces are best on the DTE imo but for whatever reason I just can't get down with the colorway in general. Personal preference I guess. Maybe it's because they're a little similar to the Chalk Blues that drop in 2015 that are [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

The sale was clutch though, pulled the trigger on DBR for 169. Been hunting PR for around that price but after failing to find 998OG anywhere, definitely excited to have a brown 997.

They look better than I thought they would in person. I'm hesistant to pull the trigger on the "Catcher in the Rye" pair in hopes of another sale to catch these. I still haven't seen the Ryes in person so I'm holding off. Burgundy laces are dope, but White looks better Fam.

Get the Catcher in the Rye (997HL) for 130. That colorway is a sleeper imo. Grey/black/red is smooth.

Last edited:

anyone notice their recent 997s have the sole in the mid-front look slightly slightly squished? my dbr came in that has that
Yes! I noticed that too. It definitely looks squished a little like someone has been walking in it or was leaning on it. I'm sure it was something that happened during manufacturing though.

That Bait/PYS sale from veteran's day is still going on FYI. As of yesterday at least.

VETSALE for PYS

BAITALE for Bait

Both 35% off

Was about to ask what laces came with the regattas but no one got em yet

I believe they come with the red rope laces that have been shown, turquoise rope laces and flat white laces.

Last edited:
Thanks Gents

@ftrztkp  lol I felt like a internet thug bully after ethered dude......I was having a bad morning. 

Guessing I'm not getting tracking for the regattas till tues or weds, should have just waited for NB to hit em with that discount code too.
mean.gif

Got my shipping confirmation from cncpts yesterday! (International buyer #375xx, got no email from them after they wanted the 6 digit approval code even as I asked if everything is alright now)

Back
Top Bottom