Official NBA2K12 Thread Vol: CODE FOR JORDAN SHOES IS..........23

I played nba2k11 all weekend; hadn't played it in a while, i forgot how much fun it was. specifically myplayer. i loved that mode so dang much. mainly because i played it the right way. no cheating, half stepping or whatever. i grudged through the bs, practiced and got A's to get those points up. and now my player is the best to ever play the game. faaaaar better than mj, kobe, magic, etc. thats a dope accomplishment. i hope they build on that feeling in this next one. make it more rewarding and worthwhile to accept the challenge.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

lol what?

The 01-02 Kings are in there. So it makes a lot of sense for them to include the 01-02 Lakers in a matchup, especially to showcase one of the great teams (one that 3-peated). It's like they're skipping over them.

It would've been a great 16th matchup to include in the game, but they missed the opportunity and only put half of it in there.

What did you THINK I was saying?
laugh.gif
Agreed. You cant have one without the other. Even though we ended up on the short end of the stick, I never had more fun as a basketball fan than that 01-02 season. Its not complete without the Lakers
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

lol what?

The 01-02 Kings are in there. So it makes a lot of sense for them to include the 01-02 Lakers in a matchup, especially to showcase one of the great teams (one that 3-peated). It's like they're skipping over them.

It would've been a great 16th matchup to include in the game, but they missed the opportunity and only put half of it in there.

What did you THINK I was saying?
laugh.gif
Agreed. You cant have one without the other. Even though we ended up on the short end of the stick, I never had more fun as a basketball fan than that 01-02 season. Its not complete without the Lakers
30t6p3b.gif

Any news of reggie being in this? And also, they should really consider adding the '99-'00 pacer team.
smokin.gif

Any news of reggie being in this? And also, they should really consider adding the '99-'00 pacer team.
smokin.gif

The 2002 Kings are playing against the 1991 Warriors technically. Pre-order bonus so not officially part of the "Legends" fun. No legends on either team.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

The 2002 Kings are playing against the 1991 Warriors technically. Pre-order bonus so not officially part of the "Legends" fun. No legends on either team.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

[h2] [/h2]

[h2]NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #3 - Art Direction[/h2]

by NBA 2K on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 11:44am

Hi Everyone!

Lynell Jinks here, Art Director for NBA 2K12. Today I am going to be talking about both new improvements that you can look forward to in 2K12.

Click here for high resolution image

The artists here have taken a lot of time to make our game feel even more life-like than ever before.  We took a lot of time to research and find references for all of the greatest players in every era, along with the old school feel that each of their eras is known for. We really worked hard to recreate more than a 150 new retired players with their accessories, hair,  uniforms, court floors, etc. because, as Erick said in the NBA Greatest Insight, we are often going at least ten players deep on the 34 new legendary teams.

This year, the broadcast of each game is so life-like that you will have a hard time believing you’re not watching old clips from back in the day. The amount of detail we put into making these games fit into their respective era’s is crazy, from the old school baskets, press tables, overlays, camera angles, etc. We also did a lot of work on post process filters; adding sepia and grayscale to display older games, the way they were broadcasted in their day. As you can see in the below screenshot, a game from the 60s or 70s will have that “grainy

[h2] [/h2]

[h2]NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #3 - Art Direction[/h2]

by NBA 2K on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 11:44am

Hi Everyone!

Lynell Jinks here, Art Director for NBA 2K12. Today I am going to be talking about both new improvements that you can look forward to in 2K12.

Click here for high resolution image

The artists here have taken a lot of time to make our game feel even more life-like than ever before.  We took a lot of time to research and find references for all of the greatest players in every era, along with the old school feel that each of their eras is known for. We really worked hard to recreate more than a 150 new retired players with their accessories, hair,  uniforms, court floors, etc. because, as Erick said in the NBA Greatest Insight, we are often going at least ten players deep on the 34 new legendary teams.

This year, the broadcast of each game is so life-like that you will have a hard time believing you’re not watching old clips from back in the day. The amount of detail we put into making these games fit into their respective era’s is crazy, from the old school baskets, press tables, overlays, camera angles, etc. We also did a lot of work on post process filters; adding sepia and grayscale to display older games, the way they were broadcasted in their day. As you can see in the below screenshot, a game from the 60s or 70s will have that “grainy

Originally Posted by Freeze

guys still playing with calm faces tho..everybody looks sedated..

And hair/jersey etc still doesnt move stays intact. Again looks like all they did was take our pc mods and took a few and added it to the game.

Originally Posted by Freeze

guys still playing with calm faces tho..everybody looks sedated..

And hair/jersey etc still doesnt move stays intact. Again looks like all they did was take our pc mods and took a few and added it to the game.

Ima be honest...
this game will be good when it first comes out.... and then trash after the first patch.

if they dont fix the servers, and the computer players AI.... then i dont even care about the extras.

like i really give a damn about a mascot with a towel gun.

looks like they didnt change anything from 2k11.... just put a new paint job on a used model. 
tired.gif

sadly ill be buying it anyway.... i need to have a basketball game to play.

Ima be honest...
this game will be good when it first comes out.... and then trash after the first patch.

if they dont fix the servers, and the computer players AI.... then i dont even care about the extras.

like i really give a damn about a mascot with a towel gun.

looks like they didnt change anything from 2k11.... just put a new paint job on a used model. 
tired.gif

sadly ill be buying it anyway.... i need to have a basketball game to play.

Back
Top Bottom