Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what doomed him (aside from the injury) is that he played under the two worst possible coaches and/or circumstances. He started his career under Larry Brown, who hates young players. Then he got injured, ended up on the Lakers, who were in the midst of runs to the Finals, so Phil wasn't messing with the rotation. He just got buried, and ended up on the sorry Wizards, who literally told half their top players last year to GET OUT. I'm not saying Morrison doesn't shoulder the blame, but I don't think he ever got a fair shake in the league. I hope he can come in and be a good role player, at least.

Exactly.

Harden Open To Signing With Suns
Jul 27, 2012 8:02 PM EDT

James Harden will consider signing with the Suns if his contract expires after next season.

"Yeah," he said. "Of course. I love it there. My mom lives there still. So that's definitely my second home as far as my comfort level and going to school there. But obviously, I'm with the Thunder right now and what we have is special."

Oklahoma City will be able to match any offer Harden receives.

"That's out of my hands," Harden said. "That's not my decision. That's the front office. I'll let them decide that."
is this ***** serious? 
indifferent.gif

The Suns cheap *** FO will offer him a contract the Thunder will be able to match.

Last edited:
theres a bunch of small markets in the nba that will offer the max next summer , shooting guard position is one of need and

theres a few lottery teams that can add a all star caliber 23 year old shooting guard  to match up with their draft pick

Doubt that Harden will be going to the Suns.. It's a bluff and he'll probably go to a better team if he leaves. He's just making it clear to the Thunder that money will be a high priority for him. It's highly unlikely that the Thunder will be keeping both Harden and Ibaka, so this upcoming season might be their best shot. That's why I'm surprised that there isn't more talk about some kind of a Harden + Ibaka for Dwight Howard trade.

Thunder should shop Serge and Harden for Dwight and hope Kendrick just disappears

Oh and Adam Morrison is buns

Minny's starters should be fun to watch this season... Im looking forward to catching some of their games.

As for Harden, I can't see him going to PHX.

:wow: :x :rofl: at that tattoo, though.

Last edited:
Doubt that Harden will be going to the Suns.. It's a bluff and he'll probably go to a better team if he leaves. He's just making it clear to the Thunder that money will be a high priority for him. It's highly unlikely that the Thunder will be keeping both Harden and Ibaka, so this upcoming season might be their best shot. That's why I'm surprised that there isn't more talk about some kind of a Harden + Ibaka for Dwight Howard trade.
Actually it's just a rehashed non story some local (AZ)writer keeps trying to push. I had to double take at the date on it because this exact conversation/article was done last yr too. Harden could have just given a no comment and kept it moving, but it's well chronicled his connections to Arizona and of course to LA, so it's not a shocking answer. He's smart enough to not reply, "hell no! they suck and I don't want to be there!" regardless of what team he is being asked about. I go back and forth on it daily, but if we're only able to keep one, I keep Harden then see if I can s&t Serge for some lottery picks plus a "comparable" replacement like Ekpe Udoh (he's from here too) or something. I'd rather have Harden and an inferior big than keep Ibaka and end up with one of these Lou Williams, Willie Green types.

Thunder should shop Serge and Harden for Dwight and hope Kendrick just disappears
Oh and Adam Morrison is buns
Than there would be too many ego...I don't see Westbrook and Dwight co-existing.

If Harden was smart he would take less now and cash in later....OKC should come to their sense deal Perkins for cap relief. They have Thabeet who I think can offer some defense along with Serge by this side. Offer the freed up money to Harden and Ibaka, I think OKC can't afford to let neither of them go.

More importantly, KD has to hone his skills some more and be more agressive. He shouldn't be able to be guarded one on one even by Lebron. He need to run set plays and put the ball in favorable positions for KD to dominate. Otherwise they won't win no matter what.

Great ending right now on NBATV. Sonics vs. Rockets, Game 7, 1993 Western Semifinals. Crazy OT game.

Did not see a magic off season thread, but you are telling me that you have a franchise player that does not want to be there and you bring in jacque vaughn to coach the magic. it is not even that it is him but that you bring in a coach with NO experience. I mean like dang at least try to make a splash to try and keep him around. but it seems like the gm was in the front office in san antonio, so it seems like a favor for a favor to me.

Yup, hes setting himself up to be paid. Deservingly so I might add. If it comes down to it, Harden> Ibaka so they should def pay attention to him right now.

I would hope that trade doesnt happen, the Orlando Magic have 0 leverage at this point, any team that gives them anything remotely close to a good deal is really screwing themselves over IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom