Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dudes hyping up Rondo WAY too much as usual. Rondo reminds me of a Duke basketball player................product of the system. Rondo is very lucky to be on the team and players he is surrounded with which is what helps his below average self look averae, sometimes even above average at best.

Rondo has more heart and tougher than CP3

Pushing a referee in the back doesn't make you tough champ, in fact far from it.

Product of the system? The system helps him make passes all over the floor before players are even in place? Help him make those fakes that leave defenders lookin foolish? System helps Rondo go out and defend against Lebron, or Paul, or Kobe? System helps him hustle like crazy, dive between dudes legs, grab the ball and get up in score in a playoff game? System gets him triple doubles more than anybody else? Product of the system you say? :smh:

at the core and true definition of a PG is having court vision and being a great passer. SG and SF do the shooting. Your PG being a good shooter is just a plus
Rondo can run a team and pass better than CP3 which is what being a PG is about. and besides, Rondo has the ability to score as he shows in the playoffs when the rest of his team isn't. He focuses on getting the rest involved. Without a doubt he could average 15-18pts for a season if he chose to do so.
and although it's not backed by "proof", Rondo has more heart and tougher than CP3

They both have elite court vision and passing skills though. Rondo's edge there isn't by that much. And I think a PG's shooting ability is more important than you're letting on, not just a bonus.

The part about Rondo being capable of scoring more if he had to is very true though.

You dudes hyping up Rondo WAY too much as usual. Rondo reminds me of a Duke basketball player................product of the system. Rondo is very lucky to be on the team and players he is surrounded with which is what helps his below average self look averae, sometimes even above average at best.

Allen was right about Rondo, people either go too far and say he's better than Chris Paul or they desperately cling to this "product of a system" BS. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground with him.

Haven't been in the thread for a minute so apologize if posted.

Via uniwatch:

Uni Watch News Ticker: “I saw the Spring 2013 Adidas NBA Catalog and there are some new on-court offerings,” says Chris Blackstone. “There are new jerseys for Christmas Day and for home weekend games during the second half of season, called the Winter Court jerseys. They’re monochrome like the all-black Miami uniforms from the past couple years, but in team colors. Also, there are Hardwood Classic jerseys for Indiana (home from 1997-98 through 2004-05), Milwaukee (late ’90s), Chicago (mid-’90s alternate), Atlanta (late-’90s road), Miami (late-’90s alternate), Sacramento (mid-’90s alternate), Phoenix (1990s alternate), Philly (early-’90s road), Cleveland (mid-’90s road), Toronto (late-’90ss home), Houston (late-’90s road), and Utah (late-’90s road).”

D.Rose Bulls pinstripe and LeBron Heat http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1664/612155timhardawaylarge.jpgalternate :nerd:

Glad to see these jerseys returning, unfortunately there's no one on the Suns, Bucks, Hawks, Raptors that I would buy a jersey of.

Last edited:
Haven't been in the thread for a minute so apologize if posted.
Via uniwatch:
Uni Watch News Ticker: “I saw the Spring 2013 Adidas NBA Catalog and there are some new on-court offerings,” says Chris Blackstone. “There are new jerseys for Christmas Day and for home weekend games during the second half of season, called the Winter Court jerseys. They’re monochrome like the all-black Miami uniforms from the past couple years, but in team colors. Also, there are Hardwood Classic jerseys for Indiana (home from 1997-98 through 2004-05), Milwaukee (late ’90s), Chicago (mid-’90s alternate), Atlanta (late-’90s road), Miami (late-’90s alternate), Sacramento (mid-’90s alternate), Phoenix (1990s alternate), Philly (early-’90s road), Cleveland (mid-’90s road), Toronto (late-’90ss home), Houston (late-’90s road), and Utah (late-’90s road).”
Can't wait to see all those big logo/sublimation jerseys from the '90s back on the court. :pimp:

No early '90s Nuggets rainbow, though. :smh:

Last edited:
Product of the system? The system helps him make passes all over the floor before players are even in place? Help him make those fakes that leave defenders lookin foolish? System helps Rondo go out and defend against Lebron, or Paul, or Kobe? System helps him hustle like crazy, dive between dudes legs, grab the ball and get up in score in a playoff game? System gets him triple doubles more than anybody else? Product of the system you say? :smh:

I said product of the system and referred to NONE of the things you just listed champ, but I'll entertain your post.........only cause it's Friday. Product of the system meaning that Rondo has Pierce, Garnett, and had Ray Allen before he pissed him off with his lackluster scoring ability to help cover up Rondo's weaknesses, and best believe that boy Rondo has some weaknesses. None of the items, or questions you listed above are his weaknesses. Clearly those are some of Rondo's assets, and just like the opposite of that your boy Rondo has some liabilities as well. We'll see what Rondo does this year without one of the greatest shooters of all-time in Ray Allen to save/bail him out.

Also, whenever folks talk about Rondo what you hear is......."a PG responsibility is to facilitate, not to be a main scorer" We'll guess what, the other point guards listed in here can facilitate and score as well, and have a good shooting percentage. With that being said, I'll take those guys over a guy like Rondo who shots free throws almost as bad as Shaq.

Allen was right about Rondo, people either go too far and say he's better than Chris Paul or they desperately cling to this "product of a system" BS. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground with him.

Here's the middle ground right here champ. Overall Rondo is average, sometimes slightly above average at best.

I don't think Rondo is the best point in the L but the whole "he's only good because of KG, Ray, and Paul" died a good 3 years ago. He's been the best player on that team for a minute now. He makes THEM look good now. And his playoff numbers throughout his career should validate that while he isn't an elite scorer he certainly isn't a lackluster one.

Last edited:
Rose is a better SCORING PG... DWill is the better all around PG...CP3 is the best P&R PG... Rondo is the best facilitator... Russy is the best knucklehead PG

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Slightly about average. So, Ray Allen made Rondo all this time. Cuz you say he's gettin exposed now that he gone.

His free throws are a problem, so then, I guess Shaq and Dwight are average as well.

I mean, I guess I see where you comin from, 20 15 and 12 type games are rather pedestrian numbers and such. Maybe you think I'm biased, ya know, for a Celtic. :lol:

Rondo is great. EASY top 3-4 PG in the game. Rose and Russ score better, but they don't distribute or rebound the way Rondo does, or control the players on the team the way Rondo does. Dude is a maestro out there, without looking for his shot. He, Paul and Nash are the best at setting up others to score, and I'm sure that Rondo's Miami series the last 2 years shows he can do other things well also. Like play one armed, or score 40+ when called upon.

Average.

whenever folks talk about Rondo what you hear is......."a PG responsibility is to facilitate, not to be a main scorer" We'll guess what, the other point guards listed in here can facilitate and score as well,

Rose and Westbrook are not good passers. They are score first, pass as my last option PG's. That's not a real PG. They are SG's in a PG's body.

No one in here said Rondo is better than CP3. He's second to CP3.

:rofl: @ Rondo being average

Want to hear the truth? There is no clear cut no.1 PG. It is what you value that factors into your decision on who you think is the best. There is just a top tier of PG's:

Rondo
D.Will
CP3
Rose
Westbrook (If you want to consider him a PG)
Nash (Was still with that group last year)

All those guys are great.

Rondo being average is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. D.Rose is thena average duece since he isn't really a pg, plays no D and is just an athletic chuck masquerading as a PG. That MVP is laughable, he's just a talented scorer who is the product of a system that is the best D with the best coach that covers for all his weaknesses.

Here's the middle ground right here champ. Overall Rondo is average, sometimes slightly above average at best.

That's not middle ground, that's just stupidity. Rondo hurt you in some way.

I hate those 'a PG has duties' arguments. That proves nothing, it doesn't say in the rulebook that a PG needs to do so and so, there are different types of point guards and the most versatile point guards are generally the best ones in the league. People get caught up in the assist numbers with Rondo and I get it, he's a terrific facilitator but I will never understand why people place him above CP3 in the point guard rankings.

Like Deuce King mentioned above, Rondo is the product of a system (to Rondo's credit, he's great at running it and he is able to make plays on the fly as well). But the Celtics' offense is so solid because of their positioning on the floor; their players pick their spots perfectly and that enables Rondo to penetrate easily through the lane to find teammates, that's why they get a lot of open looks on the floor. Some of the credit should be given to Doc Rivers for establishing a successful offensive system like that.

On the other end, we saw how predictable and disorganized the Clippers' offense was when the Clippers were on that losing skid in - I want to say - March as they kept abusing the PnR and opposing defenses eventually adapted and were able to stop them. CP3 finally detached the shackles and started running the offense on his own terms and the Clippers went into the playoffs looking very strong. Still despite everything last year, CP3 was the most efficient point guard (and in fact the most efficient player in the league not named LeBron). Not to mention he's arguably the most clutch player in the league (I believe he's putting up 42 points per 48 mins of clutch time). Add to that, his ability to shoot, score, pass, even rebound at his height, poke loose balls, etc. I don't know how ANYBODY can say Rondo is better than CP3.

I do think however Rondo was the second best point guard, and that's not to take anything away from Deron Williams who is my favorite out of the bunch. Rondo really turned it up last year and had some terrific performances and I gotta take into account, even with the talent that Boston has, they went through a lot of injuries and Rondo was still able to help lead that squad with Garnett to a win away from the Finals. However, 10 times out of 10, I'm picking Deron over Rondo on my team, he's simply better in a lot more facets of the game. Rondo's inability to consistently shoot from mid-to-long range hurts him.

I don't think Rondo is the best point in the L but the whole "he's only good because of KG, Ray, and Paul" died a good 3 years ago. He's been the best player on that team for a minute now. He makes THEM look good now.

I'm not saying or didn't say Rondo was ONLY good because of those 3 but when folks start talking about Rondo one of the first and or only things they say is he knows how to facilitate the ball. Well with that being said you when got those 3 good/great scorers on the floor with you it makes your job alot easier if just about all your being asked to do is facilitate or that about all anybody can say about you. Just imagine if Rondo actually stepped his game up over the last few years and got his offensive game in tact. Maybe just maybe the Celtics might have won another championship or 2, instead opposing teams felt very comfortably just leaving Rondo wide open at the top of the key because they know he wouldn't shot or would miss badly anyway. Rondo=self checked.

They are score first, pass as my last option PG's. That's not a real PG

LOL @ not a real PG. Bottomline is they get the job done, and they do it better than Rondo.

So, Ray Allen made Rondo all this time. Cuz you say he's gettin exposed now that he gone

Not just Ray Allen, but Garnettt, and Pierce as well. Like I said, Rondo is very fortunate to be where and more importantly around who he is. Now that he has upset Allen, lets see what he does from here on out.

Rondo is great

Your using the word "great" a little too loosely.

Dude is a maestro out there, without looking for his

That's cause he has NO shot. Why wouuld he look for something he doesn't have.

Like play one armed, or score 40+ when called upon

One measly 40 point game, and a so called "one armed game" that he probably faked just like his boy Pierce when he had to get carried of the floor in pain to the back only to come back out a few minutes later like everything was okay.........*Biggie*.........."****** is actors, ****** deserve Oscars."

Now you dudes are saying who and what a real PG is and trying to discredit other PG's because they can shot and Rondo can't. FRAUDS.

I hate those 'a PG has duties' arguments. That proves nothing, it doesn't say in the rulebook that a PG needs to do so and so, there are different types of point guards and the most versatile point guards are generally the best ones in the league. People get caught up in the assist numbers with Rondo and I get it, he's a terrific facilitator but I will never understand why people place him above CP3 in the point guard rankings.
Like Deuce King mentioned above, Rondo is the product of a system (to Rondo's credit, he's great at running it and he is able to make plays on the fly as well). But the Celtics' offense is so solid because of their positioning on the floor; their players pick their spots perfectly and that enables Rondo to penetrate easily through the lane to find teammates, that's why they get a lot of open looks on the floor. Some of the credit should be given to Doc Rivers for establishing a successful offensive system like that.
On the other end, we saw how predictable and disorganized the Clippers' offense was when the Clippers were on that losing skid in - I want to say - March as they kept abusing the PnR and opposing defenses eventually adapted and were able to stop them. CP3 finally detached the shackles and started running the offense on his own terms and the Clippers went into the playoffs looking very strong. Still despite everything last year, CP3 was the most efficient point guard (and in fact the most efficient player in the league not named LeBron). Not to mention he's arguably the most clutch player in the league (I believe he's putting up 42 points per 48 mins of clutch time). Add to that, his ability to shoot, score, pass, even rebound at his height, poke loose balls, etc. I don't know how ANYBODY can say Rondo is better than CP3.
I do think however Rondo was the second best point guard, and that's not to take anything away from Deron Williams who is my favorite out of the bunch. Rondo really turned it up last year and had some terrific performances and I gotta take into account, even with the talent that Boston has, they went through a lot of injuries and Rondo was still able to help lead that squad with Garnett to a win away from the Finals. However, 10 times out of 10, I'm picking Deron over Rondo on my team, he's simply better in a lot more facets of the game. Rondo's inability to consistently shoot from mid-to-long range hurts him

uh, dude, nobody in here said Rondo is better than CP3. Please find me the text that says that.

Rondo only average

Rondo being average

Again, I said average, slightly above average at best. I know you dudes pick and choose to select what you want to, only to fit your agenda. Type of dudes that watch Fox News and what not. If your going to quote me, make sure you quote the entire statement and not just bits and pieces........FRAUDS.

Wow people are sipping on that Kool Aid. Rondo top 2? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Out of the PGs who play 30+ min a night, here's how he stacks up w. shooting.

At rim:
2exbnlt.png

3-9 feet
28s90ms.png

10-15 feet
96i29x.png

16-23 feet
96i29x.png

This is problem #1 and automatically removes him from contention. Regardless of whether or not hes a pure passing PG he is still a guard and should be able to hit a jump shot when needed. Those outlier games in the playoffs were nice to see but they do nothing for me. The averages make those meaningless.

I'm also of the school of thought that he is a product of his environment for the most part. He played with 3 hall of Fame basketball players who were in and around their primes. He got a lot of assists from just passing it to them and having them do the work. it would say its 60% Rondo 40% them in terms of his assists, but thats high enough for it to be mentioned.
Year Team GP GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
Ray Allens Season before Big 3

2006–07 Seattle 55 55 40.3 .438 .372 .903 4.5 4.1 1.5 .2 26.4

Kevin Garnett

2006–07 Minnesota 76 76 39.4 .476 .214 .835 12.8 4.1 1.2 1.7 22.4

Paul Peirce
2006–07 Boston 47 46 37.0 .439 .389 .796 5.9 4.1 1.0 .3 25.0

To say that he doesnt benefit from these guys is crazy. They were nowhere near past their primes and Rondo wasnt making them look good, it was in fact the opposite. Once he loses that help I fully expect his numbers and his game to deteriorate greatly and people will wonder why they gave him so much praise in the first place

I'd rather not speak on other players and trying to draw comparisons between them and Rondo cause I would be here all day.

I'm not trying to say that he isnt good cause he clearly is, but this he's top tier stuff needs to end. IMO top tier means 1-5 and he is not there.

Last edited:
Rondo is average ? LMAOOOO Duece its obvious you have no clue what youre talking about and you never played organized basketball. You were the type of dude to be inside playing world of warcraft when the neighborhood kids were outside hooping.

If you can sit down and watch Rondo play and say hes only slightly above average, then you dont know what youre watching.

The nerve to say Ray Allen has bailed out/made Rondos career thus far? Yikes bro just stop . You obviously dont watch Celtics games, ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom