Official NBA Finals Game 5: 2009 NBA CHAMPIONS LOS ANGELES LAKERS!!!

Originally Posted by you big dummy

fireworks and cats jerkin in the streets

nerd.gif

Pics?
nerd.gif

LA FTL

First time leaving my couch & coming back to the computer.

Soo happy the Lakers won!

Soooo happy for my favorite athlete EVER....... KOBE BEAN BRYANT!

Simply amazing!!!

happy.gif

Congratulations Lakers fans. If any of you follow when I post, I predicted after watching the first game of the series that LA would win the Ship on the Magicfloor, and what do you know, the !%++ happened. I also posted that strategy would be a big component of this series

Do you double Dwight hard?

Do you play Odom more than Bynum?

Do you take chances with the Orlando three point shooters figuring they would eventually cool off?

Do you give Walton a lot of minutes?

I talked about a lot of this stuff in my posts, and everything happened that I thought would happen in regards to how this series would unfold. Phil Jacksonhasn't won 10 ring out of stupidity, he's won them cause he's a smart coach. The strategy that he and his staff employed against the Magic is astrategy that many people in the know of basketball would have done.

Don't leave shooters open. Run at them, hands in the air to contest their shots, switch the pick don't go under the pick.

Don't double Dwight hard on the catch, double him on the move, and swipe at the ball cause he always put it low

Don't let Dwight have uncontested dunks, make him beat you on good moves and free throws. Wrap him up.

Make their shooters become dribblers.

Run to the wings on fast breaks cause the Magic like to pass to the wing for threes.

All simple basketball stuff when it comes to playing to the personnel of the opposing team. This was executed beautifully by the Lakers and I give them creditfor that. Now I'm not saying that there weren't some close games and the Magic did give a game away, but overall, the Lakers defended the way theyshould have.

I'll leave on this, I don't think the Magic even deserved to play the Lakers. I think they made it to the finals on a fluke, (unbelieveable shootingagainst the Cavs) and bad strategy by Mike Brown. I think the Cavs would have been a better matchup, and I don't think the series would even be over yet. Idon't think the Magic were disciplined or composed enough to hang with the Lakers. Cavs would have been better. You can tell their disciplined andcomposed, cause they still continued to carry out that doomed strategy damn Mike Brown employed even though the whole damn country knew it wouldn't work.

Good season Lakers. Good job using a strategy that even I knew would work, and here's to HOPEFULLY the Lakers and the Cavs meeting next year in the finalscause I know yall will be back, not to sure about the Cavs (cause of Mike Brown) hence the HOPEFULLY. <Raises Glass>

NBAREDISH - 15% code for NBAStore if you're ordering any championship shirts. I'm still trying to decide....

I wish they'd sell the jerseys!

Champs baby! Finally, hi haters!
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Damn things are crazy a hell near Staples
laugh.gif
, flares being thrown, cars being attacked, cant wait til Wednesday
pimp.gif

magic is right without gasol kobe wouldnt have this ring

real talk I thinking back like, how the hell did gasol get on the lakers? someone def got shafted at the end of that trade, someone remind me

:but I gotta stop hating, congrats LA
laugh.gif
Im happy for phil jackson more than anything though

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

magic is right without gasol kobe wouldnt have this ring

real talk I thinking back like, how the hell did gasol get on the lakers? someone def got shafted at the end of that trade, someone remind me

:but I gotta stop hating, congrats LA
laugh.gif
Im happy for phil jackson more than anything though
pimp.gif

Props to all the non-Lakers fans/lakers critics in here dropping some real knowledge.

Big ups to y'all for calling a spade a spade.

Back
Top Bottom