Official NBA ELITE 11 Thread Vol. Authentic Presentation :

live boy d

Banned
[h1][/h1]
[h1]NBA Live Becomes NBA Elite[/h1][h2]EA Sports is changing things up for its hallowed basketball series. [/h2][h2] May 26, 2010[/h2]

by Nate Ahearn
Yup, it's official, for the coming season and all foreseeable subsequent titles, NBA Live will be known as NBA Elite. That means for this year's version of EA Sports basketball you'll be playing NBA Elite 11. Rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it?

Here's EA's official statement on the name change: "We knew it was time to leave the past behind. We have exciting and significant changes coming to our NBA game this year that will usher in the future of basketball videogames. We look forward to releasing information on exactly how we'll be doing that over the next few months."

Kotaku is reporting (via the latest issue of OXM) not only the name change, but that there's an entirely new direction for the mechanics of EA Sports' NBA series as well. According to the latest issue of OXM, ""If the left stick is your body, then the right stick serves as your hands and the ball. Bouncing the ball behind our back, for instance, required rolling the stick down and around - the same movement our hands would make to pull off the trick."

Sounds a whole lot like the treatment that has been given to NHL in years past, not to mention Skate, Fight Night and myriad other sports titles outside of the EA Sports label. Rest assured, we'll have a lot more info once E3 rolls around in mid-June. Stay tuned to IGN for more on this interesting development.

indifferent.gif

How DARE them

Originally Posted by So Authentic

indifferent.gif

How DARE them

NBA Live has been horrible since 2005 you can't really blame EA. I like the direction their going with basically a whole new engine, perfect time to get back to the top after the glitch fest that was NBA 2K10

is this another feature for NBA live 11? kinda like the "hand towels" in madden ? EA will do anything for sales...

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

indifferent.gif

How DARE them

NBA Live has been horrible since 2005 you can't really blame EA. I like the direction their going with basically a whole new engine, perfect time to get back to the top after the glitch fest that was NBA 2K10

that dont mean change the damn name though. I'm pissed.
mad.gif

indifferent.gif

How DARE them

mad.gif
yea your right. Imagine if they change Madden to NFL Primetime or some corny $#%@
roll.gif

I use to be loyal to the Live series cause the 2k's before 2008 were wack

indifferent.gif

How DARE them

mad.gif

I think it's a good idea for them to change the name.  A lot of people (myself included) associate the name NBA Live with being wack.  Hopefully they can give good competition to 2K

indifferent.gif

How DARE them

mad.gif
yea your right. Imagine if they change Madden to NFL Primetime or some corny $#%@
roll.gif

*+%+ would be boycotted if that happened

Originally Posted by Dakingii

indifferent.gif

How DARE them

mad.gif
roll.gif

*+%+ would be boycotted if that happened

roll.gif

We have exciting and significant changes coming to our NBA game this year that will usher in the future of basketball videogames. We look forward to releasing information on exactly how we'll be doing that over the next few months.
We've heard the EXACT same thing for like the past 3 or 4 years now.

I'm interested to see where they go with this... NBA games have needed a new direction the past few years and I think making it similar to NHL would be pretty fun

Back
Top Bottom