:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Richard Jefferson traded to the Bucks for YI and Simmons

That didn't happen.
laugh.gif

yeah it did

and...
ESPN reporting that the Clippers have traded the #7 pick and a future first to Seattle for the #4 pick

The Wizards have been talking with several teams about trading down in the draft.
Talks with the Pistons last night ended up going nowhere.

The latest has them talking about a swap with the Rockets that would send No. 18 to Houston and No. 25 to Washington.

The Memphis Grizzlies like Eric Gordon and Kevin Love. But it is looking more and more likely that they will trade away their No. 5 pick on draft night.

The New Jersey Nets and the Grizzlies are in talks about a trade that would send the No. 5 pick to New Jersey for the No. 10 pick and a future first-round pick.

If the Nets move to No. 5, it appears they are looking at two guys who might not be on the board at No. 10: Danilo Gallinari and Love.

The Nets are big fans of both players and were hoping one of them would fall to No. 10. Gallinari would give the Nets a sharp shooter with great passing skills and good experience in Europe.

However, Love is more NBA ready. He has great strength and skills, although some teams worry about his lack of size.

It's unclear what the Grizzlies are thinking if they move to No. 10. They need a power forward and could look at LSU's Anthony Randolph. They also could scoop up Gallinari if the Nets pass on him at No. 5 and the New York Knicks pass on him at No. 6.

However, the Nets aren't alone in their pursuit of the Grizzlies' pick. The Portland Trail Blazers also have been talking to the Grizzlies about a deal that would send the No. 5 pick to Portland. The Blazers have a number of assets, including Travis Outlaw, that they could throw the Grizzlies' way. The Blazers covet Russell Westbrook and Love.

The other team that seems to be hot for the Grizzlies' pick is the Knicks. Earlier in the week, they discussed a deal that would send David Lee and Malik Rose to the Grizzlies in return for the No. 5 pick and Brian Cardinal. However, Lee's agent might have scuttled that deal for the Knicks when he told Memphis that Lee, who will become a restricted free agent next summer, has no interest in signing a long-term deal in Memphis. The Knicks were trying to pick up multiple lottery picks to jump-start the rebuilding process.

The Grizzlies aren't the only team talking of trading down. The Minnesota Timberwolves and the Seattle SuperSonics also have had talks with teams about the No. 3 and No. 4 picks. The Wolves are likely to select O.J. Mayo with the No. 3 pick, according to sources. However, with a number of teams coveting Mayo, they might move the pick if they can find the right deal -- especially one that could bring them back Love.

The Sonics have spoken with the Los Angeles Clippers about a deal that would send the No. 4 pick to Los Angeles in return for the No. 7 pick and a future first-rounder.

The Clippers have been trying to move up in the draft to get Mayo or Gordon. There's a chance they can pull it off if the Wolves or Sonics are willing to bet that the guy they are targeting will be available at No. 7.
If those teams are open to a deal, the Clippers are willing to trade a future first-round pick to move up.

If D.J. Augustin is the pick at No. 10 for New Jersey, he probably won't be wearing a Nets hat for long. The Nets appear to have three players in mind -- Kevin Love, Brook Lopez and Danilo Gallinari. If those three are off the board, as we project here, then look for New Jersey to make a trade with Portland that would bring the Nets the No. 13 pick, the No. 33 pick and Jarrett Jack for the No. 10 pick and Maurice Ager. In that case, the Blazers would probably want Augustin.
If that trade happens, look for the Nets to take Robin Lopez with the No. 13 pick.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

I'm going over to Pat's to watch the draft. I had to force homie to watch it
laugh.gif
He doesn't think he's getting drafted.

What Pat ru talking about?

Ewing or [size=-1]Calathes
[/size]

[size=-1]B/C[/size] [size=-1]Pat Calathes needs to be drafted by the sixers in round 2
[/size]

Originally Posted by donjuan513

From a reliable friend in the Bulls organization....Tyrus Thomas and Kurt Heinrecht to the Heat so the Bulls can aquire OJ Mayo.

if this happens
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Mayo Signs With Nike
More News

* Welcome To Draft Night 2008
* Paxson Preaches Patience If Rose Is Number One
* Charlotte Closing In On Trade With Memphis?
* Eric Gordon To Go At 4 Or 5?
* NBA Draft Archive

Links

* Draft Home Page
* Draft Roster
* Draft Message Board
* Feedback or Suggestions

Jun 26, 2008 2:39 PM EST

Maverick Carter, O.J. Mayo's marketing agent, confirmed this morning that Mayo has signed a four-year deal with Nike.

Mayo is the first of the high-profile draft picks, who will be drafted on Thursday, to have signed a deal. Carter would not comment on the financial terms of the deal.

"It's a great deal," said Carter, who also worked with Mayo's new CAA agent Leon Rose on the shoe contract. "This is the best company for him. There was discussions with other brands about giving him more money if he was drafted into a bigger market like New York or Los Angeles, but Nike showed they really wanted him because they didn't care what market he was in."

From RealGM >>>>
02:38 PM: RUMOR: The Warriors have been active in trade talks leading up to the draft, especially with their $10 million trade exception set to expire Monday, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
Thought you Warrior fans might like this

yeah it did

seen it on realgm and someone said espn raido reported that is a done deal.

Yea, I just checked it out on RealGM & heard ESPN radio here talking about it.
smh.gif

I didn't believe it at 1st cause this came outta left field. I'll try to find a link once its up.

Originally Posted by SIR KYLE

I'm going over to Pat's to watch the draft. I had to force homie to watch it
laugh.gif
He doesn't think he's getting drafted.

What Pat ru talking about?

Ewing or [size=-1]Calathes
[/size]

[size=-1]B/C[/size] [size=-1]Pat Calathes needs to be drafted by the sixers in round 2
[/size]

JR

Am I the only one who doesn't think Eric Gordon is good at all? Maybe I'm just being naive or something but I don't think he should go top 10.

Yea, I just checked it out on RealGM & heard ESPN radio here talking about it.
smh.gif

I didn't believe it at 1st cause this came outta left field. I'll try to find a link once its up.
This trade is puzzling because I think the Nets can get more for Richard Jefferson...he's underrated to me.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Eric Gordon is good at all? Maybe I'm just being naive or something but I don't think he should go top 10.
Same here dude...I don't see him being very good at all in the NBA

Originally Posted by dfresh244

He's every bit as good as Bayless...

Maverick Carter, O.J. Mayo's marketing agent, confirmed this morning that Mayo has signed a four-year deal with Nike.

Mayo is the first of the high-profile draft picks, who will be drafted on Thursday, to have signed a deal. Carter would not comment on the financial terms ofthe deal.

"It's a great deal," said Carter, who also worked with Mayo's new CAA agent Leon Rose on the shoe contract. "This is the best companyfor him. There was discussions with other brands about giving him more money if he was drafted into a bigger market like New York or Los Angeles, but Nikeshowed they really wanted him because they didn't care what market he was in."

now that indiana has 2 pgs, i wonder where will augustin go...

my guess is sacramento

Mayo Signs With Nike
More News

* Welcome To Draft Night 2008
* Paxson Preaches Patience If Rose Is Number One
* Charlotte Closing In On Trade With Memphis?
* Eric Gordon To Go At 4 Or 5?
* NBA Draft Archive

Links

* Draft Home Page
* Draft Roster
* Draft Message Board
* Feedback or Suggestions

Jun 26, 2008 2:39 PM EST

Mayo is the first of the high-profile draft picks, who will be drafted on Thursday, to have signed a deal. Carter would not comment on the financial terms of the deal.

"It's a great deal," said Carter, who also worked with Mayo's new CAA agent Leon Rose on the shoe contract. "This is the best company for him. There was discussions with other brands about giving him more money if he was drafted into a bigger market like New York or Los Angeles, but Nike showed they really wanted him because they didn't care what market he was in."

See, I knew something was up when my dude said Juice was w/ the Adidas....OJ doesn't strike me as a Adidas dude....Always a Nike kid to me.....Beasleytoo (If that makes any sense to y'all)

The hell you guys confused the crap outta me, im sitting here thinkin who the hell is Kurt Heinrecht. Then after about 20 minutes i thought of Kirk Hinrich.

Originally Posted by dfresh244

He's every bit as good as Bayless...

eek.gif

Well I may be biased but Bayless is 10 times the player Gordon is and 10 times the potential

This trade is puzzling because I think the Nets can get more for Richard Jefferson...he's underrated to me.
Agreed.

Im pissed at this trade as of now. I say as of now, becaus eI know Rod & Kiki must have something planned. I know trade rumors have been around RJ forawhile, but this one is
eyes.gif
So im sure they got somethign else up their sleeve.

As of now, I don't like the deal because we got a sixth man & a player who hasn't proven himself. If we looked to trade RJ somewhere else, wecould've got a lot more (again, unless this is just 1 part of another move for this organization). Letting go of RJ for no star player in retrun meandumping a lot of salary, im sure that was a big key.

I'll wait for a confirmation on this though.

Back
Top Bottom