:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

I can't believe how stupid some people are in the DC area...I was driving home from work and I was listening to the John Thompson show...they were takingcalls about what the Wizards should do...there were about 3 dudes in my 30 minute drive who were saying the Wizards need a TRUE point guard....I had no issuewith this. However, the FIRST name they brought up as far as a trade was....

gordon_300_070104.jpg

roll.gif
smh.gif

One guy started his comment by saying "Chicago has 2 Point Guards that they don't need anymore." I was thinking "Ok, maybe this dude has anidea for Hinrich or Duhon." Nope...he said "Hinrich and Ben Gordon." To paraphrase Nowitness...

"6'3" SG's FTL"

the one thing that was being talked about is that many people close to the Wizards expect them to trade out of that #18 pick....Houston does seem like the mostlikely trade partner in them giving up #25 and a player to be named...whether that's Luther Head, remains to be seen.

June 26, 2008 12:39 PM

Source says trade with LA Clips is bogus

Posted by Percy Allen

A Sonics team source steadfastly denied an ESPN report that has Seattle sending its fourth pick to the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for the No. 7 pick anda protected first-round pick in 2009.

ESPN writer Ric Bucher first broke the story earlier today and ESPN college basketball analyst Steve Lavin is also reporting the trade.

The team source, however, says the Sonics are not making a deal involving those picks. The source declined to verify or deny if Seattle is engaged in othertrades, but repeatedly said: "What's being reported is not true. It's inaccurate."

So as it stands, the Sonics have the No. 4 and 24 picks in the first round. Seattle also has four picks (32, 34, 50 and 56) in the second round.

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/sonics/index.html#29819

Originally Posted by dreClark

-At 9, there appears to be a split in Charlotte's front office regarding whether to take Russell Westbrook (if he's there) or D.J. Augustin. Head coach Larry Brown apparently favors Augustin, while part-owner Michael Jordan reportedly likes Westbrook. Look for Jordan to win this one. Westbrook has a chance to go 4, 5, or 6, and doesn't get past 9 according to his camp.
laugh.gif

MJ Strikes again....How's that Adam Morrison over Rudy Gay working for ya MJ???

MJ isn't majority owner, right? So why should his opinion even count? I don't care who he is, whoever is the GMneeds to step in before Jordan sets this franchise back another couple years.

The Sonics deal with the Clippers is a good one, if OJ is off the board at 4. But I would like to see them pick up Bayless instead of Lopez if they do decideto move down.

Anyone remember the line that David Stern dropped on Kenny and Charles a few years back? They were giving some draft hopeful the business about not masteringthe English language...Stern said something about Kenny and CHarles having problems speaking as well...I can't remember verbatim what Stern said, but itwas funny....

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

ESPN radio reported that the Lakers and Heat are in talks that would trade Lamar Odom and the #58 pick to Miami. In exchange the Heat would trade to the Lakers Mark Blount, Udonis Haslem and Miami's coveted #2 pick in the draft. Rumor has it Riley is trying to clear cap space as much as he can, and wants Odom back in the fold.
jesus....wayy too good to be true

mayo/kobe/artest/gasol/bynum....look at that defense

fisher/kobe/beasley/gasol/bynum....look at that offesne

I thought the Lakers wanted to keep Odom.

I'll be mad salty if that goes down.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

ESPN radio reported that the Lakers and Heat are in talks that would trade Lamar Odom and the #58 pick to Miami. In exchange the Heat would trade to the Lakers Mark Blount, Udonis Haslem and Miami's coveted #2 pick in the draft. Rumor has it Riley is trying to clear cap space as much as he can, and wants Odom back in the fold.
jesus....wayy too good to be true

mayo/kobe/artest/gasol/bynum....look at that defense

fisher/kobe/beasley/gasol/bynum....look at that offesne

I thought the Lakers wanted to keep Odom.

I'll be mad salty if that goes down.
smh.gif

You honestly think the Lakers are going to take back 5 power forwards, with a log jam at the forward position already? ESPN and Pat Riley are just talkingout their #*% because they are both primadonnas.

Originally Posted by TheGreatPoohdini

i have a feeling galinari will be a good pro.
Me too.

He's not a 'sexy' pick, and it doesn't help that he's a foreign player, considering how they've sucked as of late.

But I think he'll be good.

Supposedly if the Sonics/Clips swap did go down (with Mayo off the board) the Clippers are going to take Gordon @ 4.

Is dude that good?

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by TheGreatPoohdini

i have a feeling galinari will be a good pro.
Me too.

He's not a 'sexy' pick, and it doesn't help that he's a foreign player, considering how they've sucked as of late.

But I think he'll be good.

waits for Maciej Lampe MSG moment - tears.

Back
Top Bottom