:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

Originally Posted by EB4President

I know people talk about OJ a lot, but he is like a 21 year old freshman. I think he has been playing below his competition for a while now. And im not saying he wont/cant peak, but I think he maybe overrated in the fact that he's been good for so long playing against younger players.

Im 20 and im about to be a senior in college. Honestly the last 3 years if i was in high school i probably would be a top recruit. Im not saying OJ is bad, but I think Beasley is the better choice. Beasley has always played around/ been goofy because his ultimately plan was the NBA. and his competition was never up there with him, and he knew he would be in the league. I think once he gets to the nba we will see a work ethic and a sense of maturity we wouldnt have expected.

Curtis Malone has dealt with a lot of basketball prospects ( some which have gone in the wrong direction) but I think they keep a CLOSE watch on Beasley and explain to him, this is what he's been thinkin about since 5th grade. Beasely has the tools to become a very very good NBA player.

For some reason I dont see OJ getting THAT much better. But we'll see

Ehhh….This argument had more relevance when he was in HS….But not so much since he was in college only for one year….And still got off. Imean, I can see if he got to college and sucked..But he didn't, he proved to be better than some of the college players in his age bracket. So, the agething is a moot point to me. And it isn't like he's 25 or some %%@$…He's only 20 and has a lot of room to grow as a player. I mean. I think thathis ceiling isn't as high as let's say, Derrick Rose (debateable), but Juice still has a LOT of room to grow….

IMO

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I don't understand the hate on Hibbert. If anything, him being projected to get drafted in the lottery is justified. He came to G'Town as a "project" in every sense of the word. Four years later, the dude has shown remarkable improvement in each of his seasons in DC. I would even say he has a nice upside. At 7'2" he could end up being the best prospect at the 5 to come out of this draft. If he's there at 18, I hope the Wizards give him serious consideration.

yup and if you ask me he is alot more polished than greg oden.

Originally Posted by RudyGay22UcoNN

I don't understand the hate on Hibbert. If anything, him being projected to get drafted in the lottery is justified. He came to G'Town as a "project" in every sense of the word. Four years later, the dude has shown remarkable improvement in each of his seasons in DC. I would even say he has a nice upside. At 7'2" he could end up being the best prospect at the 5 to come out of this draft. If he's there at 18, I hope the Wizards give him serious consideration.

Well, that goes w/o saying...I don't think ANYONE would disagree with you on that...

Roy has a promise from someone higher than 18th...David Falk canceled his workouts with the Wizards telling them that he wouldn't be available then.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Well, that goes w/o saying...I don't think ANYONE would disagree with you on that...

lol You guys are kinda crazy.. You can polish silver all you want but it's not worth more than gold.. I actually like Hibbert a lot but Oden would wipethe floor with him just due to overwhelming athleticism..

If Beasley doesn't go number 2.
roll.gif

Don't give someone that you dont think is motivated motivation by passing over him. If Riles doesn't draft him, I hope the Knicks trade away whateverthey need to, so he can %++% on them 4 times a year

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Oden would wipe the floor with him just due to overwhelming athleticism..

apparently you didn't watch the final four in 07...

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Oden would wipe the floor with him just due to overwhelming athleticism..

Exactly.

And there is NO WAY IN HELL that Oden at this point is more polished that Roy. No way. If you think that, re-evaluate your basketballknowledge….

I think Roy could end up being a 15/10 type of player on the next level. G'Town has the pedigree in producing effective bigs in the NBA and NO, I am notsaying that Hibbert is on the level of Mutombo, Mourning, or Ewing, but he is a NBA ready player right now who has improved drastically in each of the past 4seasons. He went from being a "project," to being IMO the most NBA ready 5 in the draft this year. Even though there is a lack of athleticism, he hasthat "old school" game (baby hooks, etc) which will get him points in the pros.

*I also think he got that lottery guarantee...there was a GREAT article in the WaPo yesterday that highlighted how he's approached this draft process. Dudeis taking this very seriously. He said something along the lines of "I'm not here to make friends." That was in reference to going throughworkouts with other players etc....he looked at it as a job interview.

*There was a rumor on the Real GM board that had Antonio Daniels + #18 to Portland for their #13 + Jarrett Jack....someone was saying the Wiz are covetingBrandon Rush.

this is what he's been thinkin about since 5th grade. Beasely has the tools to become a very very good NBA player.
I thought dude started playin ball late? If I'm not mistaken he was interviewed by Dime and he said that.

but anyhow, this draft is crazy and Pat Riley's Fn up everything
laugh.gif
Damn old guy, but he knows what he's doing

I don't think that the Heat need beasley. He is very similar in playing styles to shawn marion, and shawn marion is a better nba pf than beasley, just byvirtue of him doing it longer. durant was a pf in college, but he started out his first nba season as a 2, and when he develops fully, he'll be a great 3.what i'm trying to say is that for at least the near future, mike beasley is gonna be a 3, imo. the heat need a center, and since they don't needbeasley, or mayo actually, they would be better served trading the pick.

/\ Durant was a PF in college because he had to be...Texas had nobody else capable. He's always been a perimeter player...Beasley has always been a postplayer. There is a difference.

Roy Hibbert is one of the biggest stiffs I have ever seen. The guy has probably the worst lateral movement from a player I have ever seen in the 1st round. Helooks like he can barely move. Why would anyone want a poor poor man's version of Greg Ostertag.

a0825d2e6aa1d1793e77b2b67c7aafa124009ee_t.peg
laugh.gif
i dont know why but i always picture you making this face before quoting andresponding to somebody
smh.gif

/\ Not if Minny takes him...

This might be one of the strangest drafts in quite some time after the 1st pick...

laugh.gif
.People are either believers in Roy or just completely against him.

To me, he = Rik Smits. And Sacramento is my guess to take him.

Pat Riley wants Jeff Green to move out of #2 but Seattle won't deal him. They're offering Wilcox for now.

Again, it's just dumb to pass on Beasley, just dumb.

If Riles doesn't draft him, I hope the Knicks trade away whatever they need to, so he can %++% on them 4 times a year
Yup...forget OJ, if you can get Beasley...GO GET HIM.

As much as I'd love to say Mike/Kevin playing together...I don't want to see it at the expense of Jeff.

This might be one of the strangest drafts in quite some time after the 1st pick...
Agreed. This is a draft where you'll be going "Can't believe he slipped" or "Can't believe he got picked up thatearly" A lot of surprises will happen.

Back
Top Bottom