:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

Originally Posted by Jasko Mostar

i dont keep up with college basketball so i would like to know how you guys feel about the rockets trade and picks?

I've read a couple of things that said that Greene is going to be a lot better in the NBA than he was in college. I can only hope that's true. Hewasn't necessarily bad in college, but I wasn't much a fan of his game. He was the ultimate chucker on Syracuse. He would just throw up shots fromwherever the hell he caught the ball. He's got a pretty good skill set for his size though, and he always seemed very athletic when I saw him play.He's a pretty big dude too (6'11" I think). Hopefully he'll be able to step out on penetration and catch and shoot though. It'd be good toadd a good 3-point shooting big man.

Originally Posted by tmay407

i dont keep up with college basketball so i would like to know how you guys feel about the rockets trade and picks?

I've read a couple of things that said that Greene is going to be a lot better in the NBA than he was in college. I can only hope that's true. He wasn't necessarily bad in college, but I wasn't much a fan of his game. He was the ultimate chucker on Syracuse. He would just throw up shots from wherever the hell he caught the ball. He's got a pretty good skill set for his size though, and he always seemed very athletic when I saw him play. He's a pretty big dude too (6'11" I think). Hopefully he'll be able to step out on penetration and catch and shoot though. It'd be good to add a good 3-point shooting big man.
And our other pick Joey Dorsey from Memphis is a bit undersized, but he's built like a tank. 6'7 265

Like Maxiell, with a less polished offensive game.

Good thing we ended up with Arthur. Makes Warrick alot more expendable if this deal is true. A front line of Love/Arthur and Milicic/Gasol is pretty good. Hopewe can make a few more moves this offseason whether its through free agency or trade.

damn, bryce taylor undrafted..

frown.gif

Like I hope this kid from Italy is nice because we need a lot of help and I hope that he just does it in NY because we need some guys that play with heart nota soft dude.

I like what Boston has done on the low with J.R. and Walker. The Nets had a good draft along with the trade.

I'm glad my dude D.J. White got drafted but I wish that Gary would have been selected hopefully he makes a summer roster and then a team.

On a side note I was letting people know that Sean was going to get drafted and he will get minutes in SAC town along with my dude Jason Thompson.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Memphis is in rebuild mode anyway, so they're just stockpiling talent.

Arthur that late, is a no risk, high reward type move.

Warrick isn't even shaping up to be all that nice yet..
He averaged 11 and 5 in his second year, Love I liked cause its a different body type. Arthur is another tweener like Hakim. Yea its okay to get talentbut drafting the same position 2 years in a row aint smart unless its forced. Look at every team that has done that. Seattle 3 straight years drafting a C (none have done a thing but collect checks and tats) Chicago 2 straight years drafting a combo guard ( moderate success but just drafted true point) ETC it onlyworks when you have minutes and plan to trade one of the 2 for a established piece. Imo although it looks like Durant will become a big 2 Seattle messed upagain last year getting Jeff and Kevin

Originally Posted by tmay407

I've read a couple of things that said that Greene is going to be a lot better in the NBA than he was in college. I can only hope that's true. He wasn't necessarily bad in college, but I wasn't much a fan of his game. He was the ultimate chucker on Syracuse. He would just throw up shots from wherever the hell he caught the ball. He's got a pretty good skill set for his size though, and he always seemed very athletic when I saw him play. He's a pretty big dude too (6'11" I think). Hopefully he'll be able to step out on penetration and catch and shoot though. It'd be good to add a good 3-point shooting big man.
And our other pick Joey Dorsey from Memphis is a bit undersized, but he's built like a tank. 6'7 265

Like Maxiell, with a less polished offensive game.

I like Dorseys game. He reminds me just of who you said. Maxiell.

I want to say Donte will be good, but watching him this whole year, idk. Its up in the air. If he puts in time works on everything of course he could be good.He now has the right shot clock for him. Becuase at SU he thought he had to throw it up every time he touched it.

Portland had a good draft again.

I loved what NJ did. Getting Yi was big. Adding Lopez and Anderson is big. Their front line.
eek.gif

DAM LOVIN THE MIAMI HEATS PICK RIGHT NOW ...WOULD RATHER HAVE ROSE JUST TO HAVE WADE PLAY HIS RIGHT POSITON.. BUT BEASLY IS MORE OF AALL AROUND PLAYER TO ME

Mayo to the Grizzlies
eek.gif
for Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, someone else. Wolves give up Walker, Jaric (I think, don't remember the names forsure), and someone else.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Memphis is in rebuild mode anyway, so they're just stockpiling talent.

Arthur that late, is a no risk, high reward type move.

Warrick isn't even shaping up to be all that nice yet..
He averaged 11 and 5 in his second year, Love I liked cause its a different body type. Arthur is another tweener like Hakim. Yea its okay to get talent but drafting the same position 2 years in a row aint smart unless its forced. Look at every team that has done that. Seattle 3 straight years drafting a C ( none have done a thing but collect checks and tats) Chicago 2 straight years drafting a combo guard ( moderate success but just drafted true point) ETC it only works when you have minutes and plan to trade one of the 2 for a established piece. Imo although it looks like Durant will become a big 2 Seattle messed up again last year getting Jeff and Kevin

The Grizzlies didn't draft Warrick last year if thats what you meant about drafting the same position 2 years in a row. Heading into the draft, theGrizzlies needed interior defense, rebounding and bigs who could play. They also needed a two guard who could play defense, but they took the big route.I'm pretty sure they could get a two guard later via trade or free agency. If this deal goes down, Warrick is a lot more tradeable in package deal thatcould land us a starting two guard. Memphis had one of the smartest drafts tonight and made safe picks unlike most teams in the draft. Love was the best pickfor us at 5, and whatever we got at 28 whether its Greene or Arthur was a steal.

Mayo and crap to Memphis for Kevin Love and Mike Miller
eek.gif

OJ and Darrell Arthur... Now it makes sense.
pimp.gif

man i was just about to post that trade. i dont know why the wolves did that but it didnt look like mayo was happy to go to minnesota anyway

Originally Posted by FlickaMisterFlacka

eek.gif

MAYO, JARIC, WALKER, BUCKNER TO MEMPHIS

LOVE, MILLER, AND CRAP TO MINN.

eek.gif
I knew Mayo wasn't staying in Minny but wow, was that the best they could do??

grin.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom