>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

That dude was terrible
sick.gif
laugh.gif
Truth

Gameplay looks a lot different. Player models are better and less blocky. Passing was meh but that may have just been the dudes playing... Graphically the game looks nothing like the trailers. Nothing :smh:

Halftime interview was kind of awkward, but it's dope they have actual player voices implemented now.

Last edited:
Seems like people won't be happy with the graphics until they're able to control the person in real life on the court, like in that movie Gamer 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
 With that said, 2K is excited to unveil the all-new Eco-Motion Engine for NBA 2K14 on PS4. With Eco-Motion, the entire NBA experience comes to life in ways never before seen in a video game, including crowd reactions, atmosphere, coaching strategies, real player voices, and most of all the emotion of the game. Player animations are dynamic, and evolve on the fly as you play. Player personalities and emotions factor into the game as well, affecting how players perform and even behave on the court. No longer will players look like robots on the court. Now you will feel the emotion of the game in a living, evolving basketball environment.
Too ready.

Seems like people won't be happy with the graphics until they're able to control the person in real life on the court, like in that movie Gamer :lol:   

Dudes dont understand that it was recorded with a camera phone and then put onto youtube where they further reduce the quality by compressing it. Obviously the game is gonna look wayyyy better when you play it on an your hdtv at home.

NBA 2K14: MyGM Developer Diary

bullet.gif
  Submitted on: 11/08/2013 by

26943.jpg

In MyGM, every decision you make will change the world around you. Sometimes, you will need to play the bad guy to get the results you are after. As they say, timing is everything…

Franchise modes are a passion for me; they are my go-to mode in any sports game. I truly enjoy the challenge in taking a struggling team and rebuilding them into one of the best teams in the league. It’s a very cerebral experience, one that requires a certain level of shrewdness. For years, our award winning Association mode has put you through the trials and tribulations of building a team that can co-exist while trying to win titles. We had some pretty defining features during the last generation in The Association, but for this generation, it’s a whole new game.

DON'T BE A LAZY BUM! READ HERE: 

http://www.operationsports.com/features/1726/nba-2k14-mygm-developer-diary/

A halftime show that you will skip after the 2nd time you see it makes you want a game?

Man, they talked about this on the #SimNation radio show next week.

Expect a lot of folks to be underwhelmed after that first week of gameplay. Year 2 is always the better year.

Examples in history

Live 97 on PS1
NBA 2K3 on GameCube/XBOX 1
NBA 2K7 on XBOX 360

The first year is usually just a port. I know they said it isn't a port but don't expect too much from year one. I would personally save my money. Especially if you already bought the current gen 2K14.

Yea it looks nice when they post pics but it doesn't look anywhere near as nice when you are playing. Don't be graphics wh-ores fellas.

Wish they would've zoomed in on that half time interview to make it more realistic and added players on the bench and walking to the locker rooms with towels

A halftime show that you will skip after the 2nd time you see it makes you want a game?

Expect a lot of folks to be underwhelmed after that first week of gameplay. Year 2 is always the better year.

Examples in history

Live 97 on PS1
NBA 2K7 on XBOX 360

The first year is usually just a port. I know they said it isn't a port but don't expect too much from year one. I would personally save my money. Especially if you already bought the current gen 2K14.

Yea it looks nice when they post pics but it doesn't look anywhere near as nice when you are playing. Don't be graphics wh-ores fellas.

:rolleyes

Just because you don't buy basketball games every year doesn't mean everybody else shouldn't either.

Examples in history

Live 97 on PS1
NBA 2K7 on XBOX 360

You already said you weren't getting a next gen system this year so....

200x200px-ZC-0ca69eaa_close20door-gif.gif

Last edited:

Examples in history

Live 97 on PS1
NBA 2K7 on XBOX 360

Winnie-the-Pooh.gif

Last edited:
:rolleyes

Just because you don't buy basketball games every year doesn't mean everybody else shouldn't either.
I just want people to have a realistic outlook on the game and don't always expect something earth shattering.

But that MyGM mode looks NICE! :smokin :nerd: (I wonder why).

RackTown, wassup :D

I think what he's saying is sure it looks great (probably best looking next gen launch title) but ppl like me who were expecting more advancements in gameplay to go along with the graphics won't be as satisfied. Kind of justified based on the video as you still see that it LOOKS like it plays like current gen. Granted neither of us has played yet to tell if there really is a difference. Eye candy in video games gets old after awhile. When the honeymoon stage is over and you no longer are wide eyed at visuals the reality of the gameplay which is what is most important in my opinion settle back in. Jury's still out though until we actually get to play for ourselves. Maybe some things just can't come across in video

Back
Top Bottom