Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the kings would be stupid for trading cousins for any of that trash boston is throwing at them..

as for the laker loss tonight this one is on kobe and antoni....

antoni for not slowing the pace

kobe for shooting the ball when his shot was off. what an idiot. howard was 6 for 7 son. give him the damn ball you loser...

even pau was shooting over 50 percent...

what the hell did they play jamison for 4 minutes only>???

your team defense is trash. might as well let twan play...

this idiot antoni with a 9 man rotation for an old *** team...smh

there is no point watching this team until this dude antoni is fired...

but that wont happen this season...
Enjoy the rest of the season

I don't agree with this. Dwight is the best center in the game, but he's not getting enough touches. He's averaging 17+ pts(on 10 attempts) while barely getting passed the ball. The way the offense is being run is making him look bad, no center would thrive in this current system period.

Thank you; D'antoni's offense is gaurd driven. Dwight isn't thriving nor is Pau, yet this cat will not adjust. The pick and roll is great and dwight is a good pick and roll player, so is Pau; but better teams aren't gonna let you do that all day. Dwight and Pau need some touches on the block...how about a little high low action or opposite block plays for those two. Yet D'antoni runs very little of that.

The Grizzlies started the year 18-15 last year and got the 4th seed.

The year before that, they were 14-19 and got the 8th seed. Actually could've got 6th and 7th if they gave a damn in those final few games.

If it was the Grizz, I wouldn't be worried because we are the king of slow starts. Anything can happen in those final 49 games.

Damn, when did trolls become snitches. :lol:

I don't even care if the Kobe/Dwight fight rumors are true, it's Hollywood. It's always some BS going on with the Lakers even when we are winning chips. It wouldn't feel right if it wasn't any storylines during the season. :lol:

But man...Dwight can't create his own shot to save his life.
Andrews post game >>> Dwight's.
I said it years ago and ill say it again, a healthy Bynum offensively is the best Center in today's game.

I don't agree with this. Dwight is the best center in the game, but he's not getting enough touches. He's averaging 17+ pts(on 10 attempts) while barely getting passed the ball. The way the offense is being run is making him look bad, no center would thrive in this current system period.

? You serious?

I didn't talk about his touches. I know he's not being used enough, Pau isn't either. That's not what I was discussing.

Dwight doesn't have a strong ability to create his own shots unless he catches the ball close to the basket. You are acting as if this is the only season we have seen Dwight play. He ends up with the points he does because of what opportunities are created for him, via either a great pass from a team mate down low, or a 2nd chance opportunity off of a missed shot which he slams back in.

He's never been a great mid-range post player the way Andrew was when he was healthy. Andrew could dribble, pivot, and drive with the ball in ways that Dwight never could. You think that Dwight's joke of a fade away 10 foot shot makes him a strong offense threat?

Like I said. If he catches the ball down low, he has the size and strength to score. If he doesn't, he looks awkward and clumsy dribbling towards the hoop, usually either leading to the ball being stripped from him (which happens a lot) or an awkward reverse lay up attempt which bricks. Sure he'll make a baby hook from time to time but most of those are because of good low post positioning.

Anyone who watches basketball could see he has trouble when he doesn't get that positioning.

Am I saying Andrew is a better player right now? NO. Obviously not. The guys knees are done, he has a horrible attitude, he has no work ethic and I am glad we don't have him on our team anymore. Dwight's a much better rebounder, defender, and presence down low than Andrew but when Andrew was healthy and in stride last year his offensive post-game for a Center was top notch. He had talent that not many centers do these days with the ball in his hands 10 feet away from the hoop.

I don't see how you can deny that.

It's too bad he's ended up the way he is now because with healthier knees and a stronger work ethic he would of been an unstoppable force down low for years to come.

I hope that you can understand that my critique of Dwight's offensive game doesn't mean I undervalue him. Him and Pau are not being used the correct way and they are both heavily under achieving. However, Dwight still has a lot of work to do with his 1-on-1 ball handling and shot creating.

I don't think that's an unfair statement to make.

The year before that, they were 14-19 and got the 8th seed. Actually could've got 6th and 7th if they gave a damn in those final few games.
If it was the Grizz, I wouldn't be worried because we are the king of slow starts. Anything can happen in those final 49 games.

yea but you guys didnt have antoni as your coach :lol:

The thing is bro the lakers got 16 banners up the rafters. They are at a all time low if they are hoping to get a 8th seed.

Being a 8th seed with the starting 5 getting a 100 mill is not a good look no matter what.

Dude gets emotionally heated cause the Lakers are doo doo and personally attacks me.

You don't play for the Lakers bro.

I'm not buying this whole Dwight doesn't get the ball enough. Even as the number 1 option in ORL he only got averaged 13 shots a game. Should he be involved more, of course, but not just dumping the ball down on the post to him because that's not his strength. He's very robotic and gets stripped half of the time down there because he doesn't keep the ball high. Dwight isn't dominant like Shaq was on the block demanding the ball and actually doing something with it.

If D'Antoni was such an offensive genius he'd realize this and put him in more pick and roll with Nash and put Pau on the block instead where he's more effective but he's an idiot. Also that would alleviate the need for Bean to shoot so much cause the ball would be in Nash's hands more and I assume he'd be able to be the playmaker he was brought in to be. Kobe's shooting a lot, but damn they'd be even worse without him at least trying, the rest of the team didn't score for the final 16 minutes of the game last night 0-10. What do you guys want him to do.

The thing is bro the lakers got 16 banners up the rafters. They are at a all time low if they are hoping to get a 8th seed.

Being a 8th seed with the starting 5 getting a 100 mill is not a good look no matter what.

Very true. Serious, it's not a good look at all how things are shaping :smh:

Doo what do you think about my post on Dwight a few posts up? In all seriousness I wanna know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom