Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is he wearing four rings?

tumblr_m8j20mYChm1qbo1a5.gif

Josh Smith will stay in Atlanta...

The fact that no one ever correctly explains the 3-year extension vs. the 5-year signing really bothers me.

Not signing an extension =/= Not re-signing

Last edited:
Josh needs out of there and so does Al.

That dunk by Drummond :smh:

What's up with Twill and Flynn on the end of the bench for Detroit? Plus why haven't they moved Tay?

Josh needs out of there and so does Al.

That dunk by Drummond :smh:

What's up with Twill and Flynn on the end of the bench for Detroit? Plus why haven't they moved Tay?

move him for what? they resigned him last season :lol: i think hes gonna retire a Piston. even though im done with him it would be nice if he did

Josh Smith will stay in Atlanta...

The fact that no one ever correctly explains the 3-year extension vs. the 5-year signing really bothers me.

Not signing an extension =/= Not re-signing
I mentioned that...

my favorite player is josh smith, if he ends up being on the lakers
mean.gif
frown.gif
. i feel like atlanta just took a step in the right direction this off season by getting rid of JJ and marvin. hopefully they can bring someone in to ATL and convince josh to re-sign

Josh Smith isn't going to the Lakers, come on. No cap for that. :lol:

He'll obviously go to a place that can give him the max money, within that, whatever contending team will give him max money. I could see him in Boston, but I don't think Boston would even want to sign him. Maybe Philly or Chicago? Amnesty Boozer Bulls

Leadership is responsibility.
There comes a point when one must make a decision. Are YOU willing to do what it takes to push the right buttons to elevate those around you? If the answer is YES, are you willing to push the right buttons even if it means being perceived as the villain? Here's where the true responsibility of being a leader lies. Sometimes you must prioritize the success of the team ahead of how your own image is perceived. The ability to elevate those around you is more than simply sharing the ball or making teammates feel a certain level of comfort. It's pushing them to find their inner beast, even if they end up resenting you for it at the time.

I'd rather be perceived as a winner than a good teammate. I wish they both went hand in hand all the time but that's just not reality. I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.

This is my way. It might not be right for YOU but all I can do is share my thoughts. It’s on YOU to figure out which leadership style suits you best.

Will check back in with you soon.. Till then
Mamba out

They keep trying this man :smh:

It appears that the backboards at whatever collegiate facility the Hawks practiced at this morning were not ready to handle the punishment that Ivan Johnson was set to dish out.  This fact is evidenced by the photo above, in which you can see a scowling Johnson discussing the glass he shattered with a reporter (or maybe he’s showing her the diamonds in his teeth, I don’t know).  According to Al Horford, who tweeted the photo, “[practice] was a wrap after that.”

“That” being Johnson’s seismic slam dunk, of course.  I will now wait impatiently for a video, and I’ll be sure to hit you with an update if one becomes available.  In today’s world, it seems hard to believe that an NBA player could shatter a backboard without someone’s camera phone having been out.

It’s also a little bit frightening to consider what Ivan Johnson did to this backboard.  Just imagine what he could do to your face.
http://nba247365.com/?p=7983

pimp.gif

Ugggggh, Smith is gonna be in a ******g Bulls uniform next year :smh:

That would be a really good look for the Bulls! But sheesh, is Taj ever going to get his shot? Send him to Indy, we need a replacement for David West that ISNT named Plumlee

nah id want him & taj to cook together

Taj gets his chance as well as a new contract next year once the Bulls amnesty Booz.

Ugggggh, Smith is gonna be in a ******g Bulls uniform next year :smh:

That would be a really good look for the Bulls! But sheesh, is Taj ever going to get his shot? Send him to Indy, we need a replacement for David West that ISNT named Plumlee

nah id want him & taj to cook together

Taj gets his chance as well as a new contract next year once the Bulls amnesty Booz.

so you obviously didnt read the rest of the convo? We were talking about Josh Smith going to Chicago. Him and Taj play the same position...

I mentioned that...

I'm talking about Sports Writers...

Everyone he's not leaving Atlanta..

They can have Jeff Teague, Lou Williams, Morrow, Korver, Al Horford, Josh Smith... + Another near max player.. And 1 solid bench player... And still have a few million before they reach the luxury tax.

Everyone knows the Hawks made great moves this offseason.. Even Josh Smith himself

Last edited:
smith has wanted out for years his only reason to sign back would be the $$$. and if im ATL i dont want him back move horford to his natural postion which is PF and go from there

He said after the trades by Ferry, he was happy with the Hawks' direction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom