Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He prob called Dwade and warned him about the hands coming his way if he doesnt play well
laugh.gif

But he'll make that back x10 in September. Losing 6 mil probably stings his ego for a couple mins.

Yeah he'll make it back or find another 6 million under his couch cushion or something.

But still, it just reeks of bad management of money no matter how much he has. The fact that he's comfortable throwing that kinda money around on a 50/50 proposition is crazy.

If the Pacers win, the Spurs will attempt to win the softest title in pro sports history.

Facing the 5-6-7 seeds in their conference and the 3 seed from the East with no Kobe, no Rondo, no Rose, no Russ, no Lee, no Gallo, no Granger, not having to see Durant, CP3, Melo or LeBron, :lol:

It would also be Pop's 3rd title in which Phil Jackson didn't coach that season. :lol:

Be a bigger asterisk next to this title than the 99 season. Absolutely serious.

maybe its cuz i havent eaten breakfast yet, but my gut is telling me lebron the MVP (most valuable flopper) is going 2 go ham 2night... i hope my gut is wrong

If the Pacers win, the Spurs will attempt to win the softest title in pro sports history.

Facing the 5-6-7 seeds in their conference and the 3 seed from the East with no Kobe, no Rondo, no Rose, no Russ, no Lee, no Gallo, no Granger, not having to see Durant, CP3, Melo or LeBron,
laugh.gif

It would also be Pop's 3rd title in which Phil Jackson didn't coach that season.
laugh.gif

We played the teams that we were assigned to play, its not like we chose to not play OKC... We would have beat the Thunder regardless with no Harden, you've seen an entire season of what that was like. Why were CP3 and Melo mentioned like either of their teams were true title contenders? They wouldnt have made it far enough to play SA regardless and if they did by some odd chance they definitely would have lost.

Yeah because Phil Jackson coaching a team would have made a difference this year. Unless he coaches Miami the team he was running would have lost.

Again with this asterisk in 99 talk. Why is there an asterisk next to that? Because of the shortened season, the same shortened season that every other team was on thus making it a completely level playing field? I never hear this kind of talk about last years season......
maybe its cuz i havent eaten breakfast yet, but my gut is telling me lebron the MVP (most valuable flopper) is going 2 go ham 2night... i hope my gut is wrong
mean.gif

Last edited:

Facing the 5-6-7 seeds in their conference and the 3 seed from the East with no Kobe, no Rondo, no Rose, no Russ, no Lee, no Gallo, no Granger, not having to see Durant, CP3, Melo or LeBron, :lol:

It would also be Pop's 3rd title in which Phil Jackson didn't coach that season. :lol:

We played the teams that we were assigned to play, its not like we chose to not play OKC... We would have beat the Thunder regardless with no Harden, you've seen an entire season of what that was like. Why were CP3 and Melo mentioned like either of their teams were true title contenders? They wouldnt have made it far enough to play SA regardless and if they did by some odd chance they definitely would have lost.

Yeah because Phil Jackson coaching a team would have made a difference this year. Unless he coaches Miami the team he was running would have lost.

Again with this asterisk in 99 talk. Why is there an asterisk next to that? Because of the shortened season, the same shortened season that every other team was on thus making it a completely level playing field? I never hear this kind of talk about last years season......

:smh:

You played an 8 seed in the FInals bruh, come on. :lol:

And I didn't suggest that you picked and chose your opponets, I'm speaking to the FACT that you will have faced the absolute softest playoff schedule of all time to win a title. (IF, you face Indy, and IF you win) Period. By no means am I saying that you chose anything, it's just how it goes.

Melo/CP3 in terms of biggest/best stars in the game, you will have faced none of them. Hence, the point.

And sorry, if Pop wins #5, and 3 of them are when Phil Jackson ain't coaching, and Phil is 4-1 against Pop in the playoffs, *shrugs* I find it humorous is all. Pop wins when Phil ain't around. Thas all.

Wow didn't realize that. That's interesting. BUT they simply beat the teams that were in front of them.

Facing the 5-6-7 seeds in their conference and the 3 seed from the East with no Kobe, no Rondo, no Rose, no Russ, no Lee, no Gallo, no Granger, not having to see Durant, CP3, Melo or LeBron,
laugh.gif

It would also be Pop's 3rd title in which Phil Jackson didn't coach that season.
laugh.gif

mean.gif
You played an 8 seed in the FInals bruh, come on.
laugh.gif

And I didn't suggest that you picked and chose your opponets, I'm speaking to the FACT that you will have faced the absolute softest playoff schedule of all time to win a title. (IF, you face Indy, and IF you win) Period. By no means am I saying that you chose anything, it's just how it goes.

Melo/CP3 in terms of biggest/best stars in the game, you will have faced none of them. Hence, the point.

And sorry, if Pop wins #5, and 3 of them are when Phil Jackson ain't coaching, and Phil is 4-1 against Pop in the playoffs, *shrugs* I find it humorous is all. Pop wins when Phil ain't around. Thas all.
These are all coincidence though. I see what you're saying but someone could easily read what you wrote and say "Hey yeah, look at those guys, they never have to beat good teams/players, etc"

Theres nothing we can do about any of those things. At the end of the day I wont care though, I'll be celebrating either way with my GO SPURS GO in 72 font
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 14dathumb  

Lakers fan felt they would upset the SPURS - FACT

"best shooting backcourt ever" - FACT

"best backcourt in the league"...."I feel yall got a mavs vibe" - FACT

tim-duncan-deal-with-it.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Last edited:
Miami by 7-9

Lebron scores 35 7 7

15 foul shot discrepancy, predict lots of complaints about the refs/Stern.

If the Heat are going to lose I'd rather it be against the Spurs, a Pacers/Spurs final is 5 games max until Pop and Company skate with that.

Jason Kidd has retired.

Respect.

One of the best point guards ever, his prime seasons in Dallas, PHX and NJ were something else, he helped so many guys steal money by hiding their faults (Looking at you Jefferson). Definitely hung on too long though should have just left after he won his ring. He played great earlier this season but his Father Time caught up quick.

:frown:

All my childhood names are retiring... this sucks. Glad Kidd got a ring though

Jason Kidd has retired.
Respect.

One of the best point guards ever, his prime seasons in Dallas, PHX and NJ were something else, he helped so many guys steal money by hiding their faults (Looking at you Jefferson). Definitely hung on too long though should have just left after he won his ring. He played great earlier this season but his Father Time caught up quick.
Couldnt have said it better myself. Summed up everything real nicely. He really should have hung it up after the ring though.

Jason Kidd...one of the best to ever do it. Happy he has a ring. Watching him in the playoffs was beyond painful.

*Off subject..I always wonder if part of his motivation to play well into his late 30's was fueled by child support payments? A lot of Kidds (rimshot).

Laying the 7 is probably the right side :nerd:

$5.9 million? Something tells me Floyd doesn't know how to manage his money right :smh:

I really don't understand how people are still saying this about Floyd. He JUST signed a 6-fight, 30-month deal with Showtime worth a minimum of $200 Million. One of those fight is already over and he earned a guaranteed 32 Million from that fight alone. The fight's ratings weren't as high as Floyd's fights usually are (mostly because of the sudden network change, and therefore, advertisement limitations). So...

NOW... the key here is Floyd's NEXT fight. In 3 months, he'll be fighting a young, undefeated, Mexican phenom on Mexican Independence Day weekend (ratings bonanza). PPV buys are a minimum of $60. He would only have to generate an extra 100,000 people in the world to pay to "watch him lose" in order to make that money back. So basically, this new being released takes care of that. Expect some extra trash talk and some questionable comments as the fight gets closer.

:pimp: J Kidd

One the best PG's and leaders ever. I'm glad he won a ring. Shoulda won that MVP in 01-02.

*Off subject..I always wonder if part of his motivation to play well into his late 30's was fueled by child support payments? A lot of Kidds (rimshot).

How many kids he got? I thought he just had the big head son.

Last edited:
:pimp: J Kidd

One the best PG's and leaders ever. I'm glad he won a ring. Shoulda won that MVP in 01-02.
How many kids he got? I thought he just had the big head son.

I know he's got a drug addict daughter and a boy that looks like chauncey billups/puffy....kidds with his crazy ex, and kidds w/ his current wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom