Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Jackson took a team that wasnt projected to make the playoffs to the playoffs. That is more of an uphill climb than what George Karl or anyone else did. He should have been CotY

The Boshtritch with the BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
roll.gif

Karl took a team that could have been a fringe playoff team and ended up 3rd in the conference with no All-NBA players or All-Stars.

It's the same thing as the MVP argument... it's all relative. Making or missing out on the playoffs shouldn't be the most important factor.

jackson took a 9 or 10 seed warrior team that was very very irrelevant, without an all star to the 6 seed.

Karl took a team that could have been a fringe playoff team and ended up 3rd in the conference with no All-NBA players or All-Stars.

It's the same thing as the MVP argument... it's all relative. Making or missing out on the playoffs shouldn't be the most important factor.

jackson took a 9 or 10 seed warrior team that was very very irrelevant, without an all star to the 6 seed.

And Curry should have been one.

Plus you completely missed my point. 9th or 10th to 6th is impressive.... but it's still the same as going from 3rd to 7th, the only difference is making the playoffs.

A "fringe playoff team"....? Buddy, they go like 10 deep with high quality players and they all perfectly fit the system that the Nuggets run. If you wanna go give their GM the GM of the Year Award for putting together that team then go ahead. But George Karl was handed a great deal of talent all across the board with a great mixture of playoff experience and young potential. Do you really think he overachieved THAT much because he led the Nuggets to being 1 win better than the Clippers and Grizzlies in the regular season?

I would honestly be embarrassed to accept that award if I was George Karl. It's not like his team was the #1 seed and got bounced by some squad they just didn't match up good against. Nah, dude's squad was 1 loss away from being the 5th seed and got straight up outplayed by a team with just about zero playoff experience along with its coach. Turrible.

It's a regular season award, so that last bit is irrelevant.

I didn't say he was the best choice or that it's absurd to consider anyone else and I also said "could have been" as in... potentially. A bad coach with the Nuggets could have been the 8th seed. And "the system that the Nuggets run"... you mean the system that Karl runs? Oh.

I wouldn't have voted for Karl.. he probably wouldn't have been in my top 3, but just because the Warriors weren't expected to make the playoffs then did, doesn't mean Jackson is automatically more deserving.

And I'm not your buddy.

Last edited:
Ok man, The Warriors get the lions share of the credit for being up that much, but if that was the Lakers who came back from being down that much you would have been in here talking about their resiliency. Have some objectivity for once when discussing this team, please and thank you.
Nope, which is why Manu needs to start. Leonard on Steph, Manu on Klay, Parker on Barnes. It needs to happen.

You didn't get it the first time? The object/point of discussion here is that the Spurs was a lucky team in game 1. Should have been 2-0. Period.

GSW completely dominated them in past 2 games. Spurs were only able to come back because Klay fouled out and bum Jefferson bricked 2 free throws near the end of game 1.

I have GSW winning this series in 5 games and send these dudes home for good. Kwahi can't guard 3 shooters at the same time. Parker is undersized and can't guard Barnes or Thompson.

Last edited:
Mark Jackson took a team that wasnt projected to make the playoffs to the playoffs. That is more of an uphill climb than what George Karl or anyone else did. He should have been CotY

The Boshtritch with the BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
roll.gif

Lets keep it real.

Mark Jackson isnt helping those Curry and Thompson hit contested jumpers like that.

David Lee was a good player before Jackson coached him. Bogut was a number one overall and was decent before Jackson coached him, if anything Bogut has regressed.

I dont see anything special about Jackson's coaching style. I'd take 8 coaches before I took him.

^^^^ ridiculousness at its finest

Coach jack got them guys confident. From Curry down to the last man on the bench, ALL of them guys play hard for coach. That's what makes guys great coaches. U look at Pop everybody plays hard for Pop.

And on top of the that, the team is rebounding, defending, and playing like they been there b4... IN THE PLAYOFFS at that

Coach Karl winning COY is a joke man. Disgusting.

^^^^ ridiculousness at its finest

Coach jack got them guys confident. From Curry down to the last man on the bench, ALL of them guys play hard for coach. That's what makes guys great coaches. U look at Pop everybody plays hard for Pop.

And on top of the that, the team is rebounding, defending, and playing like they been there b4... IN THE PLAYOFFS at that

Coach Karl winning COY is a joke man. Disgusting.

Dude has 2 All Stars and was a 6th seed. Yeah thats Coach of the Year worthy. Prisoners of the moment posting at its finest :lol:

I love my warriors to death but even I realize a split is the best we were getting. Its just the way these things work

Draymond and Landry unsung heroes for this team. Now lets protect home court

Dude has 2 All Stars and was a 6th seed. Yeah thats Coach of the Year worthy. Prisoners of the moment posting at its finest :lol:

Doc had 2 HOFs and was a 7th seed in the east.

MDA had a HOF team and was a 7th seed

For u to post like u knew Steph would be looking like one of the greatest scorers this may is disgusting.

Either u never hooped, or gotta problem w/ mark Jackson b/c he clearly has changed that franchise for the better. Coach Karl is dope but he didn't develop AI into an elite player, he didn't develop Javelle into a top 5 big. Coach Jack did that this season. It starts with confidence

Doc had 2 HOFs and was a 7th seed in the east.

MDA had a HOF team and was a 7th seed

For u to post like u knew Steph would be looking like one of the greatest scorers this may is disgusting.

Either u never hooped, or gotta problem w/ mark Jackson b/c he clearly has changed that franchise for the better. Coach Karl is dope but he didn't develop AI into an elite player, he didn't develop Javelle into a top 5 big. Coach Jack did that this season. It starts with confidence

What are you talking about dude? :lol:

Talking about HOFers?!? :lol:

I give a damn if they going to the HOF. I care about what they are now.

Nobody is trading the Warriors roster for the Lakers or Celtics rosters

Garnett was the only active All-Star for Boston this season.

Kobe and Dwight were All-stars for the Lakers but nobody is touting MDA for coach of year :lol:

Maybe you just started playing and watching Basketball if you think Mark Jackson did a COY worthy job this year.

Yeah he made Curry a greatest shooter :lol:

Those great plays were Curry is hitting contested 25 foot 3 pointers :lol:

Do you really believe that? :lol:

Prisoner of the moment :lol:

Last edited:
You dudes chop and change all the time! Everyone laughed their ***** off and said he was barely an All-Star when Anti said Steph was a HOFer. Now you're all singing his praises and saying Mark Jackson shouldn't have won COTY cos he had two sure fire All-Stars. :lol:

im still not completely sold on mark jack. dont know why
i feel the same way sometimes. Great motivator, but sometimes i dont understand his rotations or X's & O's.

To use a 49ers analogy, Jackson reminds me of a Mike Singletary and we are still waiting on our Jim Harbaugh.

that being said, it is only his 2nd year coaching

im still not completely sold on mark jack. dont know why
i feel the same way sometimes. Great motivator, but sometimes i dont understand his rotations or X's & O's.

To use a 49ers analogy, Jackson reminds me of a Mike Singletary and we are still waiting on our Jim Harbaugh.

that being said, it is only his 2nd year coaching

Yeah I'd change that to good motivator and I think the only reason we heard so many of his speeches is because his media connects. His strategy doesn't wow me at all. I think he's a good coach but the jury is still out.

Ok man, The Warriors get the lions share of the credit for being up that much, but if that was the Lakers who came back from being down that much you would have been in here talking about their resiliency. Have some objectivity for once when discussing this team, please and thank you.
Nope, which is why Manu needs to start. Leonard on Steph, Manu on Klay, Parker on Barnes. It needs to happen.

You didn't get it the first time? The object/point of discussion here is that the Spurs was a lucky team in game 1. Should have been 2-0. Period.

GSW completely dominated them in past 2 games. Spurs were only able to come back because Klay fouled out and bum Jefferson bricked 2 free throws near the end of game 1.

I have GSW winning this series in 5 games and send these dudes home for good. Kwahi can't guard 3 shooters at the same time. Parker is undersized and can't guard Barnes or Thompson.
Why can't you post like this all the time?

J.R. Smith back in the club..

New York Knicks' J.R. Smith spotted clubbing again during the playoffs
:lol: :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom