Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take Tony Allen's opinions with a grain of salt. :lol:

:lol:

If Speights can get adjusted to coming off the bench and give the same output he did as a starter in 25 mins, its possible. TA also said ZBO was back to his old self, but I'll have to see it first. :lol:

lol
NO ONE is taking Boozer and Bulls wouldnt even have the money even if they did amnesty Boozer.
someone correct me if im wrong.

Bulls loaded up on one-year deals and Hamilton is an expiring (if they don't pick up his option). Add that with the amnesty and they have room to work with next summer. Not saying to get Harden, but they have some room to work with.

Dirk was terrible the first month of the season. It was so bad that the Mavs had to give him time off during the season to work on his conditioning and try to get himself back in shape. With that said, I still would take him and Rondo ahead of Kevin Love.

I'm not writing Dirk off as falling off. Just two seasons ago he was the best player in the league.

He still put up 26 ppg in the playoffs against the eventual WCF champs. I think 3 of those games were close.

If he has another off year, then sure. But he still commands a double team at the high post.

I'm not writing Dirk off as falling off. Just two seasons ago he was the best player in the league.
He still put up 26 ppg in the playoffs against the eventual WCF champs. I think 3 of those games were close.
If he has another off year, then sure. But he still commands a double team at the high post.
LEBRON JAMES has been the best player since 2007

Not KD, although the Thunder offered him an early opt out year and he declined that (as well as signing at 12:01am and never exploring free agency) but his next 4 yrs look like this $17,548,838 - $18,773,176 - $19,997,513 - $21,221,850. Westbrook took a pretty substantial cut since he could have gotten up to 5/95 and took 5/78 (or 80 depending on your source). Serge didn't really leave much on the table taking 4/48 (some people say actually 51). If Serge had taken less, I'd say James should too but he got his guap so **** it, it's too much to ask for all these young millionaires to take less so they can play with their friends and current teammates in lieu of leaving for cities they probably would like better and more money, possibly increased roles. Bennett and them just gonna have to quit being ******* about the tax.
They got the money, need to come up off the guap, plus it'd pay for itself to win a title and the loss in equity and overall value would supercede the savings if you don't pony up, and kats (especially KD) start leaving. See LeBron in Cleveland, or IMO anyways.
He started it when he did the same to Donte Greene for being a rookie, then gonna catch feelings when he gets got back. And Greene would've murdered his old fragile, injury prone *** anyways.

Based on their reps and demeanor...i'd put my money on BJ. I know Donte (or knew him during his TC days)...and a fighter he is not. Demarcus got the best of him in their little scrap and Donte was seriously trying to get his crew involved afterwards :smh:

And the #1 rule for anyone that's ever been in hazing (i.e a frat)....you cannot return prank on a superior. That's the whole point. You take your lumps and give them back to the rookies next year.
**** that, we're talking about ~$100,000+ cars, not waking somebody up abruptly with an air horn or making them do grunt work like carrying bags and picking up donuts.

brooklynettes1.jpg

Dwight Howard update

False. They were the best team at that moment.

Dirk hasn't been in the "best player," conversation since 2005-2007.

Great players can become hot at pretty much anytime, but they still may not be the best player. Paul Pierce wasn't the best player in 2008 when he won the championship, he just had the best team.

That said, I do still think Dirk is the best PF in the game right now. Love has another dominant year AND leads his team to the Playoffs, then he can have that title. Hell, even Bosh can claim that title if he has an excellent year. Dirk is borderline Top-10 IMO right now. When the Playoffs come around this year, then we can talk about Top-10 players again. Right now, no he isn't.

But if you want to be the best, you have to win.

This year will tell a lot about the future of the NBA. You got guys like Nash, Dirk, KG, Timmy, and Kobe in the twilight of their career.

Imagine in the next 2-3 years, we're going to have guys like Nash, Kidd, Timmy all retiring together, and guys like KG/Dirk retiring at the same time.. |I .

random question, can K Love be MVP if the wolves are a 7/8th seed team?
Doubt it. Durant didn't get it after being the NBA's leading scorer and only all star on the team, responsible for a 27 win turnaround from the previous season with no significant fa acquisition, draft pick, or trade.

That said, I do still think Dirk is the best PF in the game right now. Love has another dominant year AND leads his team to the Playoffs, then he can have that title. Hell, even Bosh can claim that title if he has an excellent year
Love had a good shot at going to the playoffs till rubio tore his ACL. he was a flat out better player then dirk last year. love is the best PF in the NBA

bosh is playing center this year

random question, can K Love be MVP if the wolves are a 7/8th seed team?
I'd say so, KG won it when he was in Minny, and they couldnt have been much better than that
The Timberwolves were the number one seed in the West with a record of 58-24 when KG won his MVP.

Historically, the MVP usually comes from a top 2-3 team in the league.

Last edited:
False. They were the best team at that moment.
Dirk hasn't been in the "best player," conversation since 2005-2007.
Great players can become hot at pretty much anytime,

He wasn't just hot during the playoffs though. He shot 52% from the field that season in played about 35 mins a game. The Mavs won 52 games and lost 9 in of the 10 games he missed which dropped the Mavs into 4th place ( all #s off of the top of my head.)

I'll write him off if he has another season like last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom