Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That comment up there is exactly why I don't **** with most Laker fans, in LA and on the web.

Thats just a terrible excuse to hate on laker fans.

Not every laker fan is a troll like that.

You know that.

Every fan base is equally annoying.

You are better than that

How many different starting line-ups has Rick Carlisle had this season?!

Coulda sworn Shawn and Darrien started before. Mavs aren't chasing down Houston or LA for the 8th spot.

Shawn is hurt right now and Rick likes Darren off the bench. He messed up not playing him more tonight. He torched them.

Doc Rivers likened Avery Bradley’s defensive impact to that of Scottie Pippen.

Bradley ranks first among NBA players in points allowed per play (0.669) and opponent field goal percentage (29.7), according to Synergy Sports Technology's game charting.

"It's like Scottie Pippen -- when you played the Bulls, you were praying that, 'I hope he guards the other guy tonight,' " explained Rivers. "Because [Pippen] was one of those guys that could guard the 1, 2, or 3. And you were hoping, 'OK, I hope [he guards the other guy].' I mean, how rare is it that you want Michael to guard you? Over Scottie.

"And I'm thinking that's Avery, and even Courtney [Lee]. Courtney's a good defender as well, but they're probably thinking, 'I'll take him over him.' And [Bradley's] feet are so good. I mean, he stays in front of the ball, he gets up into it, and it's big for us. He's really making us a better defensive team."

Bradley has 41 steals this season, with many of those picks having occurred before the midcourt stripe.

"You haven't seen guys get ripped at halfcourt the way Avery has done," Rivers said. "He has a list of guys now. I mean, it's almost every single -- he got [Russell] Westbrook, he did it [Wednesday] night to [Kyle] Lowry. You really haven't seen that since maybe Walt Frazier used to get guys, if you remember, with that strip at halfcourt. But to do it as consistent as Avery does it, I don't know if I've ever seen it."

Avery Bradley is arguably the best on-ball defender in the league but to compare him to Scottie, Walt & The Glove right now is jus' dumb to me. I bleed green too.

Avery Bradley is arguably the best on-ball defender in the league but to compare him to Scottie, Walt & The Glove right now is jus' dumb to me. I bleed green too.
he is one of the best IMO.

Plus this era is even harder for defenders to guard because of the "hand check" rule.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Doc Rivers likened Avery Bradley’s defensive impact to that of Scottie Pippen.

Bradley ranks first among NBA players in points allowed per play (0.669) and opponent field goal percentage (29.7), according to Synergy Sports Technology's game charting.

"It's like Scottie Pippen -- when you played the Bulls, you were praying that, 'I hope he guards the other guy tonight,' " explained Rivers. "Because [Pippen] was one of those guys that could guard the 1, 2, or 3. And you were hoping, 'OK, I hope [he guards the other guy].' I mean, how rare is it that you want Michael to guard you? Over Scottie.

"And I'm thinking that's Avery, and even Courtney [Lee]. Courtney's a good defender as well, but they're probably thinking, 'I'll take him over him.' And [Bradley's] feet are so good. I mean, he stays in front of the ball, he gets up into it, and it's big for us. He's really making us a better defensive team."

Bradley has 41 steals this season, with many of those picks having occurred before the midcourt stripe.

"You haven't seen guys get ripped at halfcourt the way Avery has done," Rivers said. "He has a list of guys now. I mean, it's almost every single -- he got [Russell] Westbrook, he did it [Wednesday] night to [Kyle] Lowry. You really haven't seen that since maybe Walt Frazier used to get guys, if you remember, with that strip at halfcourt. But to do it as consistent as Avery does it, I don't know if I've ever seen it."

Shawn is hurt right now and Rick likes Darren off the bench. He messed up not playing him more tonight. He torched them.

Ohhh I See

Last edited:
I can't comprehend why a tearlike the heat didn't take Kmart. Bit I'm happy about it. Any playoff team cause him

I hate days when such few games are scheduled. I'm not gonna watch the Carmelo-less Knicks 
sick.gif

Back to studying. 
tired.gif

Last edited:
Well VC has been on a tear for awhile now so i can kinda understand it but meh :lol:

I don't care if Vince is shooting 80% for the year, when the game is on the line, I want Dirk Nowitzki taking that shot. I don't want Dirk to get about 10% of the game-deciding shots. How pissed would Kobe be if he had ten opportunities to decide a game, and he only shot it twice?

No go. I don't care if it's Dirk's worst statistical year of his career, when it matters, I want him taking the shot.

Good game AD. Was tight and tense the entire way.

That run at the end of the half :pimp: Just gotta keep the momentum on our side and not fall behind by too much in the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom