Official N.Y. Yankees 2010 SEASON THREAD (95-67) WC/ALDS Winners, and that's it =[ ...

pimp.gif
taking two out of three in Boston FTW

YESSSSSSIIIRRRRR

YANKEES WIN 3-1 IN 10

TAKE THE SERIES 2-1 ON THE ROAD!!!

BULLPEN WAS SOLID CHAN HO PARK WAS
pimp.gif
and as always Mo was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

First series win of the season is against the Red Sox. Start this season off right

2-1 from the Sox to start the season, me likey!

Granderson is making me a very happy Yank fan. That guy is great! I almost forgot who Melky was already!

Now onto the Rays, hoping Vazquez shows some magic. I have a feeling he is going to.

Solid win last night. Bullpen responded better and I like what I see in Chan Ho Park. Sadly I had to turn down an invite to the home opener. Corporate suite so that means a lot of booze, but I'm playing at the garden at 5 so thats a no go.

was talking to my doorman after the game last night. he's die hard yanks. he's still not sold on chan ho. he was saying even tho he got thru 3...he was giving up some warning track shots that just happened to stay in the park. i dunno...he got the job done, so the dude can't complain too much, but i thought he made an interesting point.

Updated: April 8, 2010, 10:50 AM ET

[h1]West: Rivals' slow play 'embarrassing'[/h1]

ESPN.com news services

If you're struggling to stifle yawns and stay focused the morning after watching the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox play another 4-hour marathon, umpire Joe West feels your pain.

Before Wednesday night's game, West called the AL East rivals "embarrassing" and "a disgrace to baseball" for slowing the pace of their games to a crawl, according to the Bergen (N.J.) Record.

The team's season opener on Sunday took 3:46 to play. Tuesday night's game went 3:48, while Wednesday night's contest, which went 10 innings, was finished in a relatively brisk 3:21.

"They're the two clubs that don't try to pick up the pace," said West, the chief of the umpiring crew working the three-game series, according to the report. "They're two of the best teams in baseball. Why are they playing the slowest?

"It's pathetic and embarrassing. They take too long to play," he said, according to the report.

During Tuesday night's game, home plate umpire Angel Hernandez denied a number of requested time outs in the batter's box. West did not allow Hernandez to comment, according to the report.

"All of baseball looks to these two clubs to pick up the pace," West said, according to the report. "[Hernandez] did everything he could. The players aren't working with us."

^Is it really important to pick up the pace? I never felt that they played slowly. Someone please school me on that subject.

that ump sounds stupid and salty as hell.

"They're two of the best teams in baseball. Why are they playing the slowest?"

ummm because they see the most pitches? which is one reason they are the best? patience is a virtue

yeah that crap pisses me off....stop whining. when people whine about the way you do your job, they get fined. so shut the hell up
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom