Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

There is a reason why Grant Balfour is called Grant Ball Four

grin.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

If he bangs a homer here, I will retire my sn.

Well, not really....

But still.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That would have been a classic moment if it did happen, talk aboutPlaxio'ng yourself.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by SHUGES

If he bangs a homer here, I will retire my sn.

Well, not really....

But still.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That would have been a classic moment if it did happen, talk about Plaxio'ng yourself.
laugh.gif
eek.gif

My man Plax has been reduced to a punch-line. Got-damn.

86c844d607e5cbc6f202fdc3fc86b75f-getty-85133470jw019_tampa_bay_ray.jpg

db3e78cb7b82b177772dfeacc2f2bcd4-getty-85133470jw018_tampa_bay_ray.jpg

b9f102584346c7c5d449052ebfa7bd39-getty-85133470jw017_tampa_bay_ray.jpg

7af47f29720ee9f90e0be8eff1f0b7ff-getty-85133470jw022_tampa_bay_ray.jpg

93f7fea87ac2dc1608d9195179eca067-getty-85133470jw020_tampa_bay_ray.jpg

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I swear its been such a long time since I've seen the team look this ferocious
eek.gif
pimp.gif

yo i had a little back and forth with one of my boys who said this team head to head against the 98 yanks has more talent. i said no but i swear i've beenthinking about it all day and he might be right.

go player for player and this team is no doubt more talented. the only edge that 98 team has is the bullpen. this current team is one bad april away from thisbeing a serious discussion, might even still be at this point.....

i'm just sayin ........

smh.gif
at all the fans leaving early at a gamewhere Jeter ties Gehrig in hits and Posada hits a HR to come from behind to take the lead in the late innings....

Originally Posted by JPZx

smh.gif
at all the fans leaving early at a game where Jeter ties Gehrig in hits and Posada hits a HR to come from behind to take the lead in the late innings....

I wouldn't be surprised if this has something to do with it...

mb7b82.jpg

Originally Posted by onewearz

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I swear its been such a long time since I've seen the team look this ferocious
eek.gif
pimp.gif

yo i had a little back and forth with one of my boys who said this team head to head against the 98 yanks has more talent. i said no but i swear i've been thinking about it all day and he might be right.

go player for player and this team is no doubt more talented. the only edge that 98 team has is the bullpen. this current team is one bad april away from this being a serious discussion, might even still be at this point.....

i'm just sayin ........

Everytime I say this, I get ROASTED here.

But atleast I'm not the only one. Again, never did I say they were better. Just VERY similar

dude ima go head and put it out there,

THIS TEAM MIGHT BE BETTER

i'm telling u go compare player for player and this team matches up (maybe better) talentwise

98's pitching staff has the edge imo, but as far as the team on the field, go judge for yourself ......

This team has much better role players than last year's.

The big difference is that "never give up" mentality.

1998 had better pitching. The 2009 pitching staff sometimes leaves us on pins and needles (like watching Brian Bruney pitch)

I wouldn't be surprised people left because of the wind and cooler temps. I stepped out earlier to take out the trash...ridiculously brick
smh.gif

the 98 talk is irrelevant unless we win the chip and arod comes through in the clutch in the playoffs

plus we didn't have a starter go for 3 innings a game in 98

So I went to the Mets game tonight. SNORE fest.

Got there for BP, snagged 2 balls, my boy snagged 12. Will have pix up for proof. If it wasn't for the possibility of getting more balls, I wanted to leaveafter the 2nd
laugh.gif

Side note:

I would rather become blind than be a Met fan.

Back
Top Bottom