Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

^ I just checked through the yankees site and the cheapest I got was 90 a seat.

they were in 104 in center field.

I got seats in left field for 55.00 on thursday afternoon.

Try calling ticketmaster and they might be able to help with multiple sections since the yankees give what is thebest available in each section when somesections do have cheaper seats not shown.

Originally Posted by bkmac

yankees_lede.jpg

laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

It was only inevitable the Yankees would lose today since they tend to forget everything about hitting fundamentals against pitchers they've never seen.
indifferent.gif

Last night's game was insane...I was watching at my friend's place...total of about 7 or 8 of us with a 50-50 split of mets and yankees fans. My otherfriend was about to high-five my friend but he told him "wait til it gets in his glove..." then The Drop happened and he just fell to the floor witha two-handed facepalm
roll.gif

tough loss today, guess it was karma for yesterday. Going to be even tougher tomorrow against Johan...fingers crossed

laugh.gif
Brian Bruney talking trash:

UPDATE, 2:54 p.m.: So Brian Bruney pitched his one inning for Trenton then spoke to a few writers there. He had this to say about last night's game and Mets closer Francisco Rodriguez:

"Couldn't have happened to a better guy on the mound, either. He's got a tired act," Bruney said. "He gets what he deserves, man. I just don't like watching the guy pitch. I think it's embarrassing."

Bruney is talking about how Rodriguez celebrates after the final out. In the interest of being fair, we asked K-Rod for his response. He seemed baffled by what Bruney said.

"I don't even know who that guy is," he said. Rodriguez seemed tempted to say more but declined further comment.

And now the plot thickens...
Francisco Rodriguez didn't say much before the game when he heard about Brian Bruney's comments. But he was a little more opinionated afterward.

"He needs to keep his mouth shut and do his job," Rodriguez said. "If he was a big guy, I'd probably pay attention. If he was somebody big like Mariano, I'd respect that. But if I don't know who he is, I just don't listen."

UPDATE, 8:59 p.m.: Now we have fighting words from K-Rod:

"Instead of sending a message through the paper, next time when he sees me at Citi Field come up to me and say it to my face. Don't be sending a message through the media. I don't even know who that guy is. Somewhere in Double-A? I believe he hasn't even pitched one full season. He's always been on the DL. That's all I know right now."

ANDDDD...this is for Deadset...Joe Girardi thinks Poppin' Fresh hit A-Rod on purpose:
[h2]http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2009/06/13/oh-its-on-its-definitely-on/[/h2]
[h2]Oh, it's on. It's definitely on[/h2] June 13
This is getting better by the second.

Joe Girardi said Friday that he thought Brad Penny intentionally threw at Alex Rodriguez when the Red Sox and Yankees played on Thursday. It would seem Penny did not appreciate the comments.

""I don't give two f--s what Joe Girardi says," Penny told reporters today in Philadelphia. "I'm coming inside. I don't care. Anybody can say that. We can say that about the time they hit our guys. I'm just trying to pitch inside. Maybe he should worry about managing and not trying to be the commissioner.

"Why wouldn't he say that the night before? Don't wait a day, then say it. He should worry about managing and let the umpire crew do their job."

What players from other teams will the Yankees criticize tomorrow? Stay tuned.

""I don't give two f--s what Joe Girardi says," Penny told reporters today in Philadelphia. "I'm coming inside. I don't care. Anybody can say that. We can say that about the time they hit our guys. I'm just trying to pitch inside. Maybe he should worry about managing and not trying to be the commissioner.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Or we could swicth Phil Hughes in for Andy and Make Wang and him battle it out.

I feel like Phil has earned his way into the rotation this year. He has already proven he has better stuff, but I think it makes the other guys work. Idon't give two #@%@# about how we kinda owe Andy. ***@ no

maybe if Posada would stop catching n make Cervilli our everyday catcher the pitchers would pitch better.

Andy just doesn't look confident on the mound anymore... the guy is getting up there with age and his stuff is obviously declining. he's like jamiemoyer AL east

Nah my man, Andy doesn't like shaking off the catcher's signs but since Posada been back he has been shaking him off aka Boston stealing homebase. Toomany Yankee pitchers have been shaking off Posada signs, watch the games closely and you'll see the problems.

So apparently, K-Rod approached Bruney during batting practice at 11 this morning (YES just showed a clip of the incident).

K-Rod was pulled away by his teammates, and Bruney just stood there (with Mets around him, mind you).

6/14

YANKEES (35-27)

Jeter SS
Damon LF
Teixeira 1B
Rodriguez 3B
Cano 2B
Swisher RF
Matsui DH
Cabrera CF
Cervelli C
Pitching: RHP A.J. Burnett (4-3, 4.89).