Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

laugh.gif
just one game...no big deal, no reason to abandon ship. Season is 162 games, not one.

And naturally, the Mets fans come in and gloat.
laugh.gif

It's all good.

The Yankee on-field fitteds with the giant patch on the back actually don't look *that* bad...

Anyone wanna guess how long this thread goes on? Counting until the last game of the regular season....

I say 1844

[h2]It's one game, calm down[/h2]
Just a suggestion:

One game does not provide remotely enough evidence to write a "Here is what is wrong with the Yankees" comment on the blog.

They played a nice crisp game on Opening Day a year ago, beating the Blue Jays 3-2. How did that work out for them? Calm down, it's one game.

Cesar Izturis came to the plate in the eighth inning having hit one home run in his previous 1,221 at-bats. So because he hit one out he's going to be an All-Star this season?

Game 2 isn't until Wednesday. Try not to jump off a bridge before then.

my dad even was sayin CC aint gunna work out....got into a HEATED argument with him bout it, but i had those april stats of his to help me...

needless to say we will be fine

new york media is ridiculous , some of the headlines
smh.gif

daily news had " money for nothing "

i swear i hate the ny media .........

True it is just one game. But I cant front like I didnt get a little excitement from the fact that CC got shelled. And Tex went 0-4 stranding 5 in scoringposition I think (pickin up right were Arod left off).

All coming from a Sox fan so its all in fun but hopefully you guys keep it up. Because that NY Post headline is decent right now. But if the season ends likelast year those headlines will be much worse and asking for Girardi's Head most likely.

back040709.jpg

Originally Posted by onewearz

new york media is ridiculous , some of the headlines
smh.gif

daily news had " money for nothing "

i swear i hate the ny media .........
Agreed.
tired.gif

But some of y'all contribute to the madness by booing and criticizing the team (whether it be the Knicks, Yanks, Mets, etc.), way too early.

Knicks go down by 10 to the Celtics.... boo.

Heilman comes into a tie game in the 7th.... boo.

A-Rod strikes out and the Yanks are up 6... boo.

Watch if CC gets off to a rough start in the home opener.... boos.

It's definitely one thing that irks me about NYers.

People aren't supposed to let the media control them. If anything, it should be the other way around.

[img]http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/04/07/gal_backpage_0407.jpg[/img]

laugh.gif
@ "birdbathia"

he'll be fine...prolly just in time for the first sox-yanks series
smh.gif

Those "newspapers" shouldn't even be touched by anyone with half a brain.

They sell off shock value, and with headlines like that they're going to.

As previously stated, it's only one game, he'll be fine.

roll.gif

Birdbathia..

*edit ska*

I been an NT pinstripe fan since 02'.. & a freaking Yankee fan since 88'.. AKA born with yankee diapers .. LOL

... Not so proud lately though.

BTW.. Is A.Rod hitting 3rd or 4th when he comes back.. He needs to hit 3rd..

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

True it is just one game. But I cant front like I didnt get a little excitement from the fact that CC got shelled. And Tex went 0-4 stranding 5 in scoring position I think (pickin up right were Arod left off).

All coming from a Sox fan so its all in fun but hopefully you guys keep it up. Because that NY Post headline is decent right now. But if the season ends like last year those headlines will be much worse and asking for Girardi's Head most likely.

back040709.jpg
Even though the Yankees lost, notice how they still took up the back of the Sports page? Mets being nowhere on it =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Banner so small that I didn't even notice.
grin.gif

real edit: Go easy, I've had a rough 24 hours.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

listening to some yankee fans today you would think they choked away the pennant
smh.gif

i see why people hate some yankee fans, some yankee fans are straight morons , props to my real deal yankee fans
pimp.gif

Putting up five runs is impressive, no doubt. Though they lost, it was still nice to see them come back from a 5 run deficit. Showed heart, something this teamhas been lacking for a long time.

True...they could've had this game if things went differently.

Supposedly someone called in on Mike Francessa's show saying he was gonna become a Mets fan now because Citi Field looked nicer
laugh.gif
... Francessa ended upgoing in on all those "real Yankee fans" who were already giving up on the team after one measly game.

ima be there may 19th and 21st...just got the call for free tix to BOTH games

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

all i have to say is people need to relax.

yes alot of expectations were not met from game 1, but people need to realize that it is game #1 of 162. He will have another 34 (hopefully) chances to provehimself and i have faith that he will. Just like Tex will too. First game jitters. He was the whole city on his back...and Tex has all of BMORE to worry abouttoo. It will be fine people...trust me.

Back
Top Bottom