[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Great job by Johan, finally got a win! Marlins lost so we have a 2 game cushion coming into florida which is solid. lets take atleast 2 outta 3 from marlins.lets go METSSS!!!!!!!!!

btw - its crazy that phillies keep coming back vs the braves first down i think like 9-4 and won 10-9 now they were down 0-5 now they winning 6-5 redicccc...

Originally Posted by The Lowa

Bullpen my fault I just realized what I wrote

laugh.gif
... I'm just messin' with ya man

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

I just saw on ESPN that Manny Ramirez would not object a trade out of Boston...
nerd.gif

DO IT OMAR...
mad.gif

I remember saying that the Mets should have got Manny back when A-Rod was a free agent. Hell, even BEFORE that when Boston was sending out feelers to teamsto see who might be interested in taking on Manny's salary.

But as usual, the Wilpons balked at snagging a big name for big money.
mad.gif

Maybe I took it personally since I'm a huge Manny and A-Rod fan.
laugh.gif

2uh672f.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Manny is past his prime. But definitely still capable of putting up huge numbers.

DO IT OMAR!!
P.S.
And there's no doubt that the Mets should have broke the bank for A-Rod. Imo at least.

Getting Manny would mean giving up a prospect like Fernando Martinez. Ain't gonna happen(at least I don't think it will).

Originally Posted by youngin33

Getting Manny would mean giving up a prospect like Fernando Martinez. Ain't gonna happen(at least I don't think it will).
Honestly, I don't think the Sox are gonna trade him. Not right now at least.

They'll most likely ride it out and let him walk at the end of the year.

And at that point, I wouldn't know about signing Manuel. He'll be approaching his mid-thirties and will want a long term deal. Carlos Delgado anyone??

Delgado at least already plays the position that requires the least amount of mobility and is the ideal spot for players with declining fielding skills (1stbase). There is no DH in the NL so that means once Manny really starts to slow down in the field, the Mets would be forced to move him to 1st base or tradehim. And both options (by the time whatever deal they sign Manny to is almost up), will be almost impossible.

Mets need a big bat + a 1st baseman + a LF. Manny fits 2 out of 3. But at what cost?

Going into a new stadium next year, I definitely expect the Wilpons to shell out some loot for a big name or two. But not Manny. Signing him would be like theKnicks signing all those washed up bums (Renaldo Blackman, Kiki, Harper, Weatherspoon, etc) and expecting them to still be as good as when they were young.(Again, this is coming from a HUGE Manny fan).

From MLBTradeRumors.com:

SI.com's Jon Heyman says the Mariners are asking the Mets for Jon Niese for Raul Ibanez. Not likely.

laugh.gif
Seattle must be smoking that good if they think that we are gunnatrade our best pitching prospect for a rental player
eyes.gif

Yeah, Mariners just might be as dumb as their record is below .500.

I know the Manny talks happen every year, but if it were to happen, it would probably take F-Mart.

He pretty much dared them to trade him when he kept saying "If they THINK they can get better by trading me, go ahead" or something along thoselines. Then he went on to say "They ain't gonna do it"

If the Yanks got Nady and Marte for as little as they gave up(3 prospects I never heard of and a scrub in Ohlendorf), the Mets should be able to negotiate withSeattle for something a lot less than Niese.

Yo, John was TIGHT about getting pulled. Dude looked like he wanted to murk Manuel.

He better be ok though.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

I'm following the game from work. What happened to Maine?

We don't really know yet. He threw a pitch that apparently got the attention of Jerry Manuel. Manuel and the trainer go out, he throws 2 warm uppitches in the middle of a 2-0 at bat. Next pitch is hit out of the ball park by an apparent scrub and the pitcher hits a deep ball to RF caught by Chavez.

Maine looked heated for being taken out and maybe there is nothing wrong with him. Time will tell.

Damn Muniz out there now, about to give up the game. I don't like this dude.
pimp.gif
@ D-Wright. Dude just snagged that from the state of Florida.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

I'm following the game from work. What happened to Maine?
He seemed to be pitching fine. Then Jerry and the trainer came to the mound to have him throw a couple of warm-up tosses. He didn't put too muchinto the throws but they left him in anyway. Very next pitch - BAM! - homerun.

Maine throws a pitch or two to the next batter and Jerry apparently saw something wrong. He comes to get John and as you can imagine, Maine was NOT happy.Despite John saying "I'm fine", Jerry yanked him.

As Gary pointed out though, it's interesting that John is still sitting on the bench now that he's been pulled. He hasn't gone to the trainer'sroom for any sort of treatment.

The fastballs Maine threw hit 85, Jerry took him out (doesnt seem to be injured, but dead arm?)?

David Wright with the gold glove catch, that should make # 1 on ESPN Top Plays (Beltran was #1 yesterday).
pimp.gif

Muniz is trash, but most middle relievers suck anyways except Darren Oliver.

damn im watchin on Gameday n wright was on 1st n Delgado grounded out n now Wright is on 3rd? wat happened there?

Delgado grounds out to advance Wright to 2nd, but the Marlins left 3rd vacant, so Wright took the extra base.

And they just score the go-ahead run on what should've been a DP.

Back
Top Bottom