~| Official: MMG Thread: Pill Controversy Pg. 48 |~

I was at the Pill show...my man Kris performed first...after he broke out it was mad heads who just left. It was like a vacuum just sucked everyone out. I thought there woulda been more people there, but there was mad events that night as is.

I was at the Pill show...my man Kris performed first...after he broke out it was mad heads who just left. It was like a vacuum just sucked everyone out. I thought there woulda been more people there, but there was mad events that night as is.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Damn Pill, homie seems like the one gettin' no promo.
That's because he's painfully average. 
Doesn't have the charisma of Meek Mill, the presence of Rick Ross, the (newly found) crossover appeal or cleverness of Wale. And Stalley has his own underground, dedicated audience.

Doesn't have the charisma of Meek Mill, the presence of Rick Ross, the (newly found) crossover appeal or cleverness of Wale. And Stalley has his own underground, dedicated audience.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
my god that is sad and hilarious at the same time. As much as I can't stand Meek Mill, it probably is his
charisma like somebody said that makes me listen to his stuff so I can judge it fairly. I've heard only 1 verse from Pill, and
really don't feel like I'm missing anything if I don't listen to his stuff. I guess that really is the difference between average
and painfully average. Getting boo'd off stage like OJ Da Juiceman is really not as bad as huge apathy and indifference from
a crowd.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
my god that is sad and hilarious at the same time. As much as I can't stand Meek Mill, it probably is his
charisma like somebody said that makes me listen to his stuff so I can judge it fairly. I've heard only 1 verse from Pill, and
really don't feel like I'm missing anything if I don't listen to his stuff. I guess that really is the difference between average
and painfully average. Getting boo'd off stage like OJ Da Juiceman is really not as bad as huge apathy and indifference from
a crowd.

Originally Posted by JD161616

Wow. Pill is way better than Wale.

Pill is just average.

No charisma.

I felt awkward about him joining MMG in the first place... then when Self-Made dropped, I knew it was just about to be a LONG summer for dude.

Hes FROM atlanta and doesn't even have the city plugging his damn name.
30t6p3b.gif
Dude was underground and grinding. I met him a few times and dude is cool and his mixtapes were alright...but nothing really STUCK. he always seemed to ALMOST be there... its sad too.

If I was MMG, I'd be dumping DOLLARS into GUNPLAY THOUGH.
pimp.gif

Dude is legit as all hell.

Since I heard him on Deeper Than Rap I knew he was a star.

Pill is just average.

No charisma.

I felt awkward about him joining MMG in the first place... then when Self-Made dropped, I knew it was just about to be a LONG summer for dude.

Hes FROM atlanta and doesn't even have the city plugging his damn name.
30t6p3b.gif
Dude was underground and grinding. I met him a few times and dude is cool and his mixtapes were alright...but nothing really STUCK. he always seemed to ALMOST be there... its sad too.

If I was MMG, I'd be dumping DOLLARS into GUNPLAY THOUGH.
pimp.gif

Dude is legit as all hell.

Since I heard him on Deeper Than Rap I knew he was a star.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

That's because he's painfully average.�
Gotta agree. Pill's guest appearances with Killer Mike and first couple tapes showed a lot of promise. He's just suffering from a lack of record label love imo.

Gotta agree. Pill's guest appearances with Killer Mike and first couple tapes showed a lot of promise. He's just suffering from a lack of record label love imo.

Originally Posted by hotboy

PILL!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2011/11/pill_sobs_november_17_review.php
Two years ago, on the strength of the bubble-cooking anthem "Trap Goin' Ham," Pill was inescapable during CMJ week, a pop-up at every show. XXL picked him as one of its top 10 "freshman rappers" to watch. Andre 3000 gave Pill his "stamp of approval." Unfortunately, mountains of hype can quickly turn to a heap of mush if not kept properly. Nine months ago, he signed to Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group label and life was good. Now, not only has Pill been superseded by Meek Mill's frothy ascent and Wale's Billboard chart cut-outs, it even seems like Stalley has a higher profile than he does, scraggly beard and all. Pill was practically the only person not present at last month's jam-packed Wale show, the only core MMG member not onstage at October's BET Hip-Hop Awards. (During the show's broadcast, he tweeted, "Don't ask me, ask them. Str8 up." Sheesh.) Maybe he was working on plans for his comeback; maybe he doesn't have his priorities straight; maybe he wasn't invited. It is entirely possible that Pill is the Eduardo Saverin of MMG.http://
Pill's downward course—unfortunate as it may be—is not due to lack of talent, nor lack of showmanship. He's just not connecting, plain and simple. Last night at S.O.B.'s, Pill performed an unintentionally intimate show, the crowd numbering in the double-digits in a venue that usually holds much more. Fans stood few and far between—rap fans are notoriously fickle—Waldos to be sniffed out. The majority were ticket winners, though the word "winner" is used here loosely—they walked in the doors as if they just realized the free tickets they received were non-refundable, as if going to a Pill show was a chore. Almost immediately as his set began, the already low tide started to shove out.

Pill tried to hold on, an exhausting tug-of-war against the apathy of a relentlessly New York audience. He danced. He joked, untethered and hilarious, pointing to his more-neon-than-neon snowcap and saying, "I'm not wearing this because I work at the airport—it's because it match the kicks! Check the kicks out!" One song later, he chided the audience—"It seem like everybody snuck in here with they best pair of shoes on. If you %@#!%$' with me, say you %@#!%$' with me!"—getting little reaction in the process. He punched the button on his catchphrase, "Okeydenn," over and over, like a Teddy Ruxpin on dead batteries. He said he was in New York, so he had to shout out Biggie, performing an entire song from his first mixtape (4180 The Prescription) in tribute only to be received by crossed arms and vague displeasure. Pill jumped into the crowd, or, well, he stepped down off the stage and rapped "Trap Goin' Ham" among the people, who sort-of backed away until he clambered back to his spot onstage. A woman sat at a VIP table by herself, her hand welded to her cheek like a kid in detention.

After seven songs, he ended the set, abrupt though not unexpected: "I'm drunk, I'm high, I'm good. Thanks for having me. Have a good night." He seemed not entirely unwavered, friendly. A mixture of disappointment and relief filled the room, but no one called for an encore and absolutely no one applauded. Okeydenn.

It's too bad that Pill didn't get a better reaction, but rap fans these days are like goldfish in a glass bowl, only able to concentrate on whatever's happening in front of them at that very moment. He's dropping his first mixtape under the MMG umbrella next week, which means that it'll be deemed a classic by Tuesday, and his next show at S.O.B.'s will be sold out and everyone will say that they were at this one. Whatever. Even the people there last night missed out on what seemed like a promising performance

Damn that was hard to read
tired.gif
frown.gif

PILL!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Two years ago, on the strength of the bubble-cooking anthem "Trap Goin' Ham," Pill was inescapable during CMJ week, a pop-up at every show. XXL picked him as one of its top 10 "freshman rappers" to watch. Andre 3000 gave Pill his "stamp of approval." Unfortunately, mountains of hype can quickly turn to a heap of mush if not kept properly. Nine months ago, he signed to Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group label and life was good. Now, not only has Pill been superseded by Meek Mill's frothy ascent and Wale's Billboard chart cut-outs, it even seems like Stalley has a higher profile than he does, scraggly beard and all. Pill was practically the only person not present at last month's jam-packed Wale show, the only core MMG member not onstage at October's BET Hip-Hop Awards. (During the show's broadcast, he tweeted, "Don't ask me, ask them. Str8 up." Sheesh.) Maybe he was working on plans for his comeback; maybe he doesn't have his priorities straight; maybe he wasn't invited. It is entirely possible that Pill is the Eduardo Saverin of MMG.http://
Pill's downward course—unfortunate as it may be—is not due to lack of talent, nor lack of showmanship. He's just not connecting, plain and simple. Last night at S.O.B.'s, Pill performed an unintentionally intimate show, the crowd numbering in the double-digits in a venue that usually holds much more. Fans stood few and far between—rap fans are notoriously fickle—Waldos to be sniffed out. The majority were ticket winners, though the word "winner" is used here loosely—they walked in the doors as if they just realized the free tickets they received were non-refundable, as if going to a Pill show was a chore. Almost immediately as his set began, the already low tide started to shove out.

Pill tried to hold on, an exhausting tug-of-war against the apathy of a relentlessly New York audience. He danced. He joked, untethered and hilarious, pointing to his more-neon-than-neon snowcap and saying, "I'm not wearing this because I work at the airport—it's because it match the kicks! Check the kicks out!" One song later, he chided the audience—"It seem like everybody snuck in here with they best pair of shoes on. If you %@#!%$' with me, say you %@#!%$' with me!"—getting little reaction in the process. He punched the button on his catchphrase, "Okeydenn," over and over, like a Teddy Ruxpin on dead batteries. He said he was in New York, so he had to shout out Biggie, performing an entire song from his first mixtape (4180 The Prescription) in tribute only to be received by crossed arms and vague displeasure. Pill jumped into the crowd, or, well, he stepped down off the stage and rapped "Trap Goin' Ham" among the people, who sort-of backed away until he clambered back to his spot onstage. A woman sat at a VIP table by herself, her hand welded to her cheek like a kid in detention.

After seven songs, he ended the set, abrupt though not unexpected: "I'm drunk, I'm high, I'm good. Thanks for having me. Have a good night." He seemed not entirely unwavered, friendly. A mixture of disappointment and relief filled the room, but no one called for an encore and absolutely no one applauded. Okeydenn.

It's too bad that Pill didn't get a better reaction, but rap fans these days are like goldfish in a glass bowl, only able to concentrate on whatever's happening in front of them at that very moment. He's dropping his first mixtape under the MMG umbrella next week, which means that it'll be deemed a classic by Tuesday, and his next show at S.O.B.'s will be sold out and everyone will say that they were at this one. Whatever. Even the people there last night missed out on what seemed like a promising performance

tired.gif
frown.gif

Agree to disagree. A few quality features don't make up for an artists overall catalog of mediocrity. Aside from those, he's easily forgettable.

Wale's albums aren't the best, but that's just the nature of the business. He's not in a position to put out a More About Nothing, 100 Miles & Running, etc for retail. He's stuck with safe records like "Lotus Flower Bomb,"  "That Way," "Chillin," etc. But his mixtape game, tracks he has self-released, select album cuts, and various features speak for themselves.

I don't even care that much. Just explaining my perspective.

Agree to disagree. A few quality features don't make up for an artists overall catalog of mediocrity. Aside from those, he's easily forgettable.

Wale's albums aren't the best, but that's just the nature of the business. He's not in a position to put out a More About Nothing, 100 Miles & Running, etc for retail. He's stuck with safe records like "Lotus Flower Bomb,"  "That Way," "Chillin," etc. But his mixtape game, tracks he has self-released, select album cuts, and various features speak for themselves.

I don't even care that much. Just explaining my perspective.

Info on Pills new tape..I hope dude doesn't get dropped but he does come off as the neglected member of the crew. Homie needs more of a push from Ross.

Info on Pills new tape..I hope dude doesn't get dropped but he does come off as the neglected member of the crew. Homie needs more of a push from Ross.

Originally Posted by sherwin100s

PILL!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tired.gif
frown.gif

It really was. It just goes to show performing and getting peeps to support your music is hard as hell. Meek mill will have a lane as long as his hunger still exist,He just raps as if he won't have dinner tonight and i love that. Stalley is my fav of the group but i just wished he wouldn't have signed with mmg. Wale's rise to success was great to watch and he now has a lasting fanbase. Pill just...idk.

Back
Top Bottom