Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by doyung9

I don't know why everyone thinks he's so invincible. I'll admit, he's amazing. He's one of the most impressive fighters I've ever seen. But you guys act like this isn't MMA. Like anyone can't be knocked out or submitted.

Let's just be reminded that no one thought Forrest could beat Shogun, very few people thought Edgar could beat BJ and they definitely thought BJ would comeback with a vengeance the second time.

The whole thing about MMA is that it's really unpredictable. Sure, you can look at strengths, weaknesses, tendencies and history, but at the end of the day, one punch/kick can change it all.

I'm sorry, but any of the top 10 fighters, while they might never be heavy favorites against him, can beat Jon Jones. He will be beaten, even though that idea is so far fetched right now. You'd swear he was 41-0 or something.
Relax. No one is saying he's unbeatable, but who do YOU really think could beat him? Forrest beat an injured Shogun. I thought BJ beat Frankie the first time and BJs head clearly wasn't in the game the second fight.

Bet seriously. Bet you won't put money on anyone fighting Jones, though.
laugh.gif

I am (kidding...well kinda)

"I'm sorry, but any of the top 10 fighters, while they might never be heavy favorites against him, can beat Jon Jones"

I 100% disagree with that statement.  I think there are very few dudes who have a legitimate shot of beating JBJ right now.  That number is definitely less than 10 (my opinion)

And while doyoung wont put money on a JBJ opponent, I will (given the right odds).  If Rashad somehow gets up to +650 range I would put a few bucks down on him.  I'm not a Rashad fan by any stretch, but ill give him atleast a 15% chance of winning which means a slight betting edge.

^ Agreed...that would be great value. IMO, Shad is one of the very few LHW right now with a legit shot at beating JJ.

We keep talking about LHW and Anderson Silva, but JJ's real challenges will be at heavyweight. Jon Jones vs Cain Velasquez 2013?

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

And while doyoung wont put money on a JBJ opponent, I will (given the right odds).  If Rashad somehow gets up to +650 range I would put a few bucks down on him.  I'm not a Rashad fan by any stretch, but ill give him atleast a 15% chance of winning which means a slight betting edge.

I agree. If the odds reach anywhere near +600 I'm putting 50 on Rashad. I dislike Evans a lot, but I will take him at +600 against ANYONE.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by doyung9

I don't know why everyone thinks he's so invincible. I'll admit, he's amazing. He's one of the most impressive fighters I've ever seen. But you guys act like this isn't MMA. Like anyone can't be knocked out or submitted.

Let's just be reminded that no one thought Forrest could beat Shogun, very few people thought Edgar could beat BJ and they definitely thought BJ would comeback with a vengeance the second time.

The whole thing about MMA is that it's really unpredictable. Sure, you can look at strengths, weaknesses, tendencies and history, but at the end of the day, one punch/kick can change it all.

I'm sorry, but any of the top 10 fighters, while they might never be heavy favorites against him, can beat Jon Jones. He will be beaten, even though that idea is so far fetched right now. You'd swear he was 41-0 or something.
Relax. No one is saying he's unbeatable, but who do YOU really think could beat him? Forrest beat an injured Shogun. I thought BJ beat Frankie the first time and BJs head clearly wasn't in the game the second fight.

Bet seriously. Bet you won't put money on anyone fighting Jones, though.
laugh.gif

I am (kidding...well kinda)

"I'm sorry, but any of the top 10 fighters, while they might never be heavy favorites against him, can beat Jon Jones"

I 100% disagree with that statement.  I think there are very few dudes who have a legitimate shot of beating JBJ right now.  That number is definitely less than 10 (my opinion)

If it even gets to +400, I'll consider 1-2 units.
laugh.gif

And I still stand by my statement.

Originally Posted by Burn916

^ Agreed...that would be great value. IMO, Shad is one of the very few LHW right now with a legit shot at beating JJ.

We keep talking about LHW and Anderson Silva, but JJ's real challenges will be at heavyweight. Jon Jones vs Cain Velasquez Overeem 2013?

Fixed.
pimp.gif

na actually you !@+@#@ it up... cain > overeem... overeem been impressive lately... but he'd get handled...

Originally Posted by quiickz

Originally Posted by Burn916

We keep talking about LHW and Anderson Silva, but JJ's real challenges will be at heavyweight. Jon Jones vs Cain Velasquez Overeem 2013?

Fixed.
pimp.gif

I'd love to see either fight. I think JJ could work trips/take downs on Reem and work from the ground. That probably doesn't work against Cain. JJ would have to really utilize his reach standing (ie Cain-Kongo fight). I'd love to see JJ and Dos Santos, too.

What do you guys think of tonight?  Does Lil Nog have any chance?  I want Mr. Wonderful to win and think he will, but wanted to know about a "value bet" on Nog

Nog has a good chance against Davis, but I'm pulling for Davis via UD, I don't see him KOing Nog and he's definitely not subbing him.

Leonard Garcia vs. Chan Sung Jung
Amir Sadollah vs. DaMarques Johnson
Dan Hardy vs. Anthony Johnson
Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Phil Davis

WAR ZOMBIE

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

sonnnnn nthat was abdominal stretch. I know a WWF move when I see one! that @%*% worked LMAOOOOO

Razor Ramon is proud.

And Jung didn't  even need to grab the cage for leverage.

Korean Zombie put a seated abdominal stretch on Garcia.
laugh.gif

Nice submission.

Back
Top Bottom