Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

TUF Finale tomorrow night!

If any regular posters on this thread want to make a friendly wager let me know.

I like

Pettis
Maldonado (maybe)
Credeur
Nijem

Originally Posted by shogun

If Diaz and Melendez switch over permanently, then those are big hits to Strikeforce.
Match up Gil with Gomi.  He has the chin and power to stand with him.  Instant fireworks.
Coker has said several times that SF cares more about putting on exciting fights than the whole belt thing. Hopefully they made some kind of deal that allows some of the more exciting UFC fighters to fight the SF guys. Especially interested in the HW division...

Gil will crush Gomi
laugh.gif

Mojod... I like Ferguson for this one
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

If Diaz and Melendez switch over permanently, then those are big hits to Strikeforce.
Match up Gil with Gomi.  He has the chin and power to stand with him.  Instant fireworks.
Coker has said several times that SF cares more about putting on exciting fights than the whole belt thing. Hopefully they made some kind of deal that allows some of the more exciting UFC fighters to fight the SF guys. Especially interested in the HW division...

Gil will crush Gomi
laugh.gif

Mojod... I like Ferguson for this one
nerd.gif

name your terms
happy.gif

i also agree with your assessment of a future gil v. gomi fight. 

Even with all bias aside, if Nick is gonna fight GSP straight out, that should go for all champs in Strikeforce. Gil should fight the champ, Jacare should fight the champ, whoever wins the Grand Prix fights the champ.

Gil v Gomi would be great but Gil would take him down n just sub Gomi. I wanna see someone go tit for tat with him like in the old days.

and anyone know where i can see that aoki fight?

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

name your terms
happy.gif
Sig bet? Ferguson wins, you put "GSP Fan Club Member #1" in your sig. Ramsey wins, pick something for me
laugh.gif

lets do it.

sig held for 1 month from Saturday?

mine will be "I wish I was as handsome as Mojodmonky1"

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

Gil v Gomi would be great but Gil would take him down n just sub Gomi. I wanna see someone go tit for tat with him like in the old days.

and anyone know where i can see that aoki fight?
If you're talking about Clement the whole show is gonna be on HDNet 10 pm est/7 pm pst.

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

Maybe Gil would keep it on the feet for a little bit like he did against Kawajiri.
Or they could have Gomi - Kawajiri II.  The first fight is one of my favorites.  
smokin.gif

The lightweight division is only missing Alvarez.  If they ever manage to land him, the matchups they could make would be insane.

Bantamweight is still my favorite division.  It's stacked like crazy.

lets do it.

laugh.gif
OK, I'm in.

Side note, my dream is to have at least one fight in the UFC bantamweight division. I'm 23 and very athletic, and I hit and kick pretty damn hard. Should I start out with Muay Thai or try to develop a BJJ ground game?
nerd.gif

Side note, my dream is to have at least one fight in the UFC bantamweight division. I'm 23 and very athletic, and I hit and kick pretty damn hard. Should I start out with Muay Thai or try to develop a BJJ ground game?
nerd.gif
Have you ever had any martial arts background? I'm doing both Muay Thai and BJJ now, and i think BJJ would be better to start out with.

Currently watching the TUF 13 marathon on Spike TV. I am rooting for Ramsey, but i think Tony will take this.

Originally Posted by chino905

Have you ever had any martial arts background? I'm doing both Muay Thai and BJJ now, and i think BJJ would be better to start out with.
Tae Kwon Do for a few years growing up, but nothing at a later age
ohwell.gif

WHAT UP MOJOD?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Awaiting your new sig

Doesn't seem like many people watched the fights.  
laugh.gif

I actually fell asleep a few times, especially during the guida - pettis match.  I couldn't even stay up for the fight after.

I had no idea Pettis' guard was that good.  He had a really good, active offensive guard.  Guida didn't do anything with his takedowns.  He said if people wanted an exciting title fight, then put him in against the champ.  
indifferent.gif

I was watching but I didn't feel like posting about the Clay n' Pray. The most exciting part of the fight was the kick attempt off the cage and the near rear naked choke at the end. Plus I'm mad Tony Ferguson won.

lets do it.

laugh.gif
OK, I'm in.

nerd.gif

Both.

its MMA, goof.

Doesn't seem like many people watched the fights.  
laugh.gif

I actually fell asleep a few times, especially during the guida - pettis match.  I couldn't even stay up for the fight after.

I had no idea Pettis' guard was that good.  He had a really good, active offensive guard.  Guida didn't do anything with his takedowns.  He said if people wanted an exciting title fight, then put him in against the champ.  
indifferent.gif

people HAD to know Guida's tactic in this fight was LnP

he was just trying to secure his place as #1 contender once Edgar/Maynard III happens

although i feel Jim Miller is more deserving of a shot next (ironic though that his only two losses have come to Edgar and Maynard, respectively), i think Guida/Miller should happen next due to Clay's lackluster performance

^
Yeah, that's a good solution.  I still don't know how Guida has as many fans as he does.  I guess people like long hair and a lot of dancing around.

Or try to get Melendez in there to knock Clay around.

Do you guys not like Ferguson because of what he said about the guy's kid?  He was wasted, I try not to take anything that drunk people say seriously.  Most of the time it's gibberish.  His left hook was nice.

Originally Posted by Club 27

Both.

its MMA, goof.
I know
ohwell.gif
  but I work full-time so it'll be tough for me to do both. I could make the hour drive a couple times a week to the 209 for Cesar Gracie
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Club 27

although i feel Jim Miller is more deserving of a shot next (ironic though that his only two losses have come to Edgar and Maynard, respectively), i think Guida/Miller should happen next due to Clay's lackluster performance
Dana said a few days ago that Miller is getting a shot if he beats Bendo (which he should
ohwell.gif
)

^
Yeah, that's a good solution.  I still don't know how Guida has as many fans as he does.  I guess people like long hair and a lot of dancing around.

Or try to get Melendez in there to knock Clay around.

Do you guys not like Ferguson because of what he said about the guy's kid?  He was wasted, I try not to take anything that drunk people say seriously.  Most of the time it's gibberish.  His left hook was nice.
+1

i dont understand how or why people equate his dancing around as being an active and exciting fighter.  sucks that pettis got LnP'd to death.  I thought his TDD would have been better than that.

http://www.sbnation.com/mma/promotion/ufc

Ultimate Fighting Championship is in discussions to buy control of NBCUniversal's struggling G4 gaming network, according to people familiar with the matter.

A deal would give the UFC, which promotes and produces competitions in mixed-martial arts, its own distribution outlet for its bouts.

That would be great for a lot of us...ATOS and UFC Unleashed, ALL DAY
eek.gif

laugh.gif

I'm pretty excited for Saturday. Somehow, it's a pretty underrated card. Carwin/JDS is almost guaranteed fireworks. KenFlo at 145 is boom or bust, Cowboy always puts on a show. Two top prospects in Weidman and Herman. Interesting matchup in Munoz/Maia. Of course, WAR OMIGAWA/WAR NICK RING 
laugh.gif

Rampage...C'mon son. You can't go motor boating Karyn Bryant in the middle of an interview. It's just not right, especially when her husband is the guy holding the camera. C'mon son, think about it. You're at home, with your wife, girlfriend, fiance, whatever she may be. You're watching a movie, she's starting to show you some signs, you're flirting a little bit. Go ahead and dive in. Perfect time. Perfect time for a good motor boat. But post-fight interview, with a respectable reporter, great woman, you're all up in her grill? C'mon son.  - Jon Jones

59277159.gif

BC2310 wrote:

They Clinch up, JDS is able to shuck him off with supperior athleticism 
I don't know about that, Junior is definitely faster but not sure if he's a better athlete.  Technique is very important when it comes to grappling and wrestling.  Brock is a better athlete than both and Carwin defended his takedowns.  If Junior eats any punches when they clinch he's going down.  His strategy will be to stay on the outside so Shane can't get a hold of him.
You may be right but I'm a JDS stan and got faith that his TDD will surprise a lot of people. (haven't kept up with this thread)
I'm jacked up for this card... 

LEZGO JDS and MUNOZ!! Double KO of the Night bonuses 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Burn916

http://www.sbnation.com/mma/promotion/ufc

Ultimate Fighting Championship is in discussions to buy control of NBCUniversal's struggling G4 gaming network, according to people familiar with the matter.

A deal would give the UFC, which promotes and produces competitions in mixed-martial arts, its own distribution outlet for its bouts.

That would be great for a lot of us...ATOS and UFC Unleashed, ALL DAY
eek.gif

laugh.gif

Rampage...C'mon son. You can't go motor boating Karyn Bryant in the middle of an interview. It's just not right, especially when her husband is the guy holding the camera. C'mon son, think about it. You're at home, with your wife, girlfriend, fiance, whatever she may be. You're watching a movie, she's starting to show you some signs, you're flirting a little bit. Go ahead and dive in. Perfect time. Perfect time for a good motor boat. But post-fight interview, with a respectable reporter, great woman, you're all up in her grill? C'mon son.  - Jon Jones

I wonder what changes UFC would make to G4.  AOTS already has segments about the UFC and has fighters on.  No one's seen Rachelle Leah in a while, probably give her her own little show.  
laugh.gif
  Didn't know the network was struggling so bad, I thought they were linked to the E! Network and were safe.

Jon Jones always getting into people's business.  Rampage acts inappropriate a lot, we're used to it now.

Back
Top Bottom