Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

i dont remember how the entrance fight for dom's pick for next week went but that looked very bad that no one on urijah's team wanted to step up and fight him 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

i dont remember how the entrance fight for dom's pick for next week went but that looked very bad that no one on urijah's team wanted to step up and fight him 
ohwell.gif

Lawrence was a beat in his opening fight.  Faber's team is in trouble.  He's about to lose this 2nd and 3rd picks in the 1st two weeks.  Faber and his team definitely looked shook about having to face Lawrence.
I think Cruz drafted a much better team.  I would be really surprised if they didn't run through this season.

I don't think Vick looked very good.  He looked scared and tentative in there.  But hey, he caught Cruickshank with a knee and knocked him out cold.  I don't know why Cru went for a takedown.  He was dominating the standing.

Next week should be a great show.

^
I'm glad the UFC is matching guida up with wrestlers he can't lay on and just hit with shoulder strikes.  It's still a mystery how casual fans still think he's an exciting fighter.  He's only exciting when his opponent is beating the crap out of him.

ONE Fighting Championship is on tonight or in morning and its free on youtube. here is the link ONE Fighting Championship: War of the Lions
image2.jpg

the fight card

Main card

Lightweight bout:  Felipe Enomoto vs.  Zorobabel Moreira

Featherweight bout:  Tatsuya Kawajiri vs.  Donald Sanchez

Lightweight bout:  Eduard Folayang vs.  Ole Laursen

Welterweight bout:  Yuya Shirai vs.  Fabricio Monteiro

Middleweight bout:  Melvin Manhoef vs.  Yoshiyuki Nakanishi

Lightweight bout:  Eddie Ng vs.  Jian Kai Chee

Bantamweight bout:  Masakazu Imanari vs.  Kevin Belingon

Preliminary card:

Female bout:  Jeet Toshi vs.  Nicole Chua

Lightweight bout:  Quek Kim Hock vs.  Juan Wen Jie

Bantamweight bout:  Jiang Long Yun vs.  Yodsanan Sityodtong

Lightweight bout:  Danny van Bergen vs.  Richie Whitson

Anyone actually surprised? Sucks but I guess that's why the UFC decided to stack that card in case something like this happens.

Should they move the Mir vs Velasquez to the main event and have JDS wait for the winner? how long it have been since JDS last fought? 

laugh.gif
can't believe? Theres been speculation for years. I kind of figured Overeem had to have been taking banned substances, but just I didn't want to believe it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by justscrap

Should they move the Mir vs Velasquez to the main event and have JDS wait for the winner? how long it have been since JDS last fought? 

I think they're gonna promote Mir to the main event and sacrifice him to JDS. Then I could see them moving Werdum to this card to fight Cain. There's no point in Werdum fighting someone like Russow (although he deserves a step-up in competition). I think Werdum's pretty adamant on fighting in Brazil, so hopefully they can convince him to switch fights. I think Cain is a winnable fight for him.

Personally, I'd love to see Hunt vs. JDS. Hunt would make it more competitive than anyone else and he's the closest stylistic match-up to 'Reem for JDS to fight. Honestly, it's not gonna happen and he probably doesn't deserve it over Mir, but nobody wants to see Mir get killed within the first minute of the fight. If only Hunt had a few more wins under his belt and a little more name-recognition...

Maybe ask Hendo if he wants the title shot against JDS?. Imagine if he beat JDS, then fought and beat Jones, then went down to 185 and beat Silva, and retire as GOAT?
eek.gif

And if Brock didn't resign with WWE, Dana would have probably put Lesnar into the Main Event.

Overeem and his lawyers claiming he was on testosterone replacement therapy.  I'm so sick of this guy.  If Vegas allows him to fight, the whole commission is a complete joke.

Originally Posted by chino905

Maybe ask Hendo if he wants the title shot against JDS?. Imagine if he beat JDS, then fought and beat Jones, then went down to 185 and beat Silva, and retire as GOAT?
eek.gif

And if Brock didn't resign with WWE, Dana would have probably put Lesnar into the Main Event.
Mannn ain't noooo way Hendo would run that gauntlet with his head and limbs still attached.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

^
I'm glad the UFC is matching guida up with wrestlers he can't lay on and just hit with shoulder strikes.  It's still a mystery how casual fans still think he's an exciting fighter.  He's only exciting when his opponent is beating the crap out of him.

pimp.gif
exactly how I feel. My cousin loves him and talks about how good he is then I just tell him exactly what you said.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom