Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I want to hate Frankie for beating BJ twice (
ohwell.gif
I think BJ won the first one), but he is just awesome. Dude shows incredible heart every single fight. Gray
30t6p3b.gif
... can't finish.

Gil vs. Frankie. DO IT DANA.

Who's Gil?
Gilbert Melendez, Strikeforce Lightweight Champ... and a BAD match up for Frankie imo.

I felt like I was watched their 2nd fight all over again during the 1st round. People were acting like he was done, but I knew this guy would come back. I really don't like him and am convinced that he is on something. Nobody is able to recover the way he's done twice.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I want to hate Frankie for beating BJ twice (
ohwell.gif
I think BJ won the first one), but he is just awesome. Dude shows incredible heart every single fight. Gray
30t6p3b.gif
... can't finish.

Gil vs. Frankie. DO IT DANA.
Truth.... It's hard to hate him.... I really dislike him for beating my man BJ, but the heart he showed in both fights against maynard just wins you over.... Really really disappointed in Maynard
30t6p3b.gif
 Was anyone's mind blown on how similar this was to their second fight? It was deja vu.
I really want to see Bendo vs Edgar (if Bendo gets past guida).... Melendez has a priority in fighting Masvidal. I believe he shouldn't pass that up cuz Masvidal ain't no slouch. It'll be a good experience for him since the UFC's Lightweight talent pool is deep. Gilbert definately needs to get his feet wet before stepping in with the elites of the UFC.

Originally Posted by daprescription

I really don't like him and am convinced that he is on something. Nobody is able to recover the way he's done twice.
laugh.gif
  What could he take that would help him recover from getting rocked multiple times like that?  Maybe something like painkillers or weed that will numb you up but he's clean.  Dude just has one of the biggest hearts in the sport.
It's crazy how Gray is able to land big shots against him when BJ hasn't been able to.  Gray's standup looks like crap against everyone else.  I thought the fight was going to be over when he landed that sick flying knee.  Looks like he shattered Frankie's nose.  Him and Kenny are probably both on suicide watch right now. 

Awesome fights last night. Guillard was looking a little too confident and got rocked and finished.

Phan vs. Garcia was a straight up war from beginning to end. Even though I had Phan winning, I couldn't help but think the judges would once again give the decision to Garcia.
laugh.gif

Sonnen clearly showed he was in a different league than Stann. Sonnen took care of business but I didn't like his heel like promo after the fight making stipulations. But he knows exactly what he's doing, selling ppvs and creating Buzz.

Aldo once again got the job done but didn't look impressive or dominant as he did during the WEC days. Poor KenFlo, never got to win the big one.

Frankie has the heart of a champion. Can't believed his finished Gray. But there are a bunch of hungry 155ers ready to take that belt. And I don't know about Dana claiming him to be the 2nd pound for pound best fighter behind Silva, but if Edgar defeats the next few contenders (Gil, Bendo, Guilda, Lauzon, Cerrone, Pettis, Miller, etc) I might he builds a strong case for it.

UFC 137 in a few weeks. Another stacked card!

That Aldo/Florian fight put me to sleep (literally), I missed the Edgar/Maynard fight.
30t6p3b.gif

^
What is up with Dana and Rogan talking about p4p rankings every time they're on camera?  I've never seen such an emphasis put on it until this past year and a half.  P4P rankings are fun to talk about but they don't matter until the guys in the closer divisions fight.  Last night it sounded like he wanted to set up a superfight between Aldo and Frankie for the featherweight belt.  The division is pretty weak right now and Jose is lacking contenders to face.

Anywhere I can watch Sonnen's post fight interview with Rogan?  I was having lag issues and only saw Silva and Barkley laughing.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
What is up with Dana and Rogan talking about p4p rankings every time they're on camera?  I've never seen such an emphasis put on it until this past year and a half.  P4P rankings are fun to talk about but they don't matter until the guys in the closer divisions fight.  Last night it sounded like he wanted to set up a superfight between Aldo and Frankie for the featherweight belt.  The division is pretty weak right now and Jose is lacking contenders to face.

Anywhere I can watch Sonnen's post fight interview with Rogan?  I was having lag issues and only saw Silva and Barkley laughing.
i agree with p4p comment, but i think they want to get feedback on the superfight and see if it's marketable. They know they have no one for Aldo to fight except Mendes and hes boring, plus, aldo can't headline a ppv or tv event. It sucks, because they keep stalling the 155 division, it'll be almost two years since someone other than bj, gray, or frankie fought for the title.

And Gil will take the strap from edgar, dudes a real bad match up for him. If you don't know, think 155lb  Shogun or Prime axe murderer.

Long time Frankie fan. His Boxing is next level in MMA.

Ever since the Tyson Griffin fight, you could see he was a special fighter. And he hasn't really disappointed since.

Glad he finished Gray.

I really wanted to see Gil and Masvidal. So I kind of don't want them to rush Gil into a title fight with Frankie.

It's pretty hard to bet against Frankie against anyone at this point. Gray was a bad match up for him. No one thought he had a shot against BJ.

I'm not about to believe Gil is the guy until it happens. But it'll be a great $%%*++* fight.

He will light Guida up on the feet. Bendo would be a better fight but he outboxes him as well and I don't see him having a hard time defending takedowns from either. Gray is just as good of a wrestler. Maybe Bendo's speed would make him more of a threat.

The p4p topic is probably also a way for Dana to motivate the champions.  If he said Frankie was #2 behind Silva, it might be a little jab at GSP to go and finish Condit.  He's talking about all the champs whenever he does the p4p conversation.

Gil is a beast, but I wouldn't compare him to those two during their prime in Pride.  He'll have to make a legendary run himself.  Get through some contenders and also get the belt.

The point Dana was making is that Frankie is a 145er, who could fight 135, and just beat a 155er, who could fight at 170.

There is a chance Gray had 15-20lbs on him last night and he took his best shot AGAIN and finally finished him.

Most of the other guys in the P4P debate are HUGE for their weightclass and cutting significant weight. Which is fine.

Frankie fights at his normal size and beats bigger guys. Doesn't get taken down. He also beat a UFC legend in BJ Penn twice. BJ is also bigger and can fight at 170.

Pretty impressive. I'd probably have Jones at #2. I like Cain a lot but I'll wait on the Dos Santos fight to bring a HW in the mix.

I'm also one of the people that hates the way GSP fights as of late. Frankie got clipped by Gray because he's not afraid to trade in the pocket.

I'd put Frankie at #3 but could definitely see a case for #2.

apparently, i don't forgot how to embed videos. but here it is.

The p4p topic is probably also a way for Dana to motivate the champions.  If he said Frankie was #2 behind Silva, it might be a little jab at GSP to go and finish Condit.  He's talking about all the champs whenever he does the p4p conversation.

Gil is a beast, but I wouldn't compare him to those two during their prime in Pride.  He'll have to make a legendary run himself.  Get through some contenders and also get the belt.
wasn't talk about gil in terms of dominance, talking about Gil in terms of aggressiveness, wild striking, and coming forward. A lot of people haven't seen him fight, but he's chute box packed into a 155er.

And the surprising thing about the Evans gif, is Nate Diaz with a hot girl.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Highlight for me was Goldy saying Maynard cuts from 200lbs 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
He's such an idiot.  If he didn't have such an ideal announcing voice he'd be scrubbing toilets somewhere.

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
He's such an idiot.  If he didn't have such an ideal announcing voice he'd be scrubbing toilets somewhere.
Even Joe Rogan was surprised when he said that.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
200lbs to 155 mang...If he starts 6 months prior to the fight it's doable
grin.gif

Anyhow, when are these Strikeforce fighters coming to the big league? the WW and MW(cmon Gegard
devil.gif
) division needs some new victims fighters badly. I think it's safe to say once all the HWs come in the UFC it'll get more exciting (at least for that particular weight class). The only thing that excites me now are the LW-FW and BWs.

Also, does anyone follow Bellator? Good win by Saunders. I hope Santos' left arm is ok
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
The best was when he asked Joe if Travis Lutter was the Michael Jordan of jiu-jitsu.  
roll.gif

The look on Joe's face must've been 
eek.gif
, then 
indifferent.gif

^^If Edgar can get a few more wins over the likes of Guida/Bendo winner and Melendez then we might see him take on Aldo sometime in 2013. But I'm almost sure he'll be defeated in 2012. Still would like to see Aldo make the jump to LW.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Also, does anyone follow Bellator? Good win by Saunders. I hope Santos' left arm is ok
sick.gif
I hope Killa B wins the welterweight tourney and then takes the belt. I've been a big fan of his since his UFC days.

Back
Top Bottom