Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

i'm one of those dudes who was hating on the UFC in that one post at the General Forum... but i admit, after watching GSP's performance against Serra,I got alot of respect for him and others that train hard in their overall skills. What GSP did was just poetry in motion. Wrestling, jui-jitsu, strikes, andrespecting his opponent, that's really what martial arts is all about. Oh, Michael Bisping... not bad either. Kalib Starnes
eyes.gif
Its dudes like him that turned me off from the sport. The 1st fight, Danzigand the red-head dude was
pimp.gif
(sorry forgot his name)
Great crowd in Canada too.

sxjfc1.gif

my boy DJ use to box, and we was slap boxin one day and he was usin that guard, i was like
laugh.gif
that dumb ##%! dont work. and right while i was laughing heknocked me right off the curb while usin that guard
smh.gif

GSP = best pound for pound fighter! The first match was a fluke like most people have said. Serra will have to go through Hughes if he wants another match.Someone needs to get that Anderson Silva vs Cung Le going

Reports on sherdog and mmajunkie are saying Chuck is injured and is off the UFC 85 card. That card sucked already as it was.

According to a report on UFC.com, Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell has torn his right hamstring and has been forced out of a scheduled fight with RashadEvans at UFC 85. The fight between Liddell and Evans was previously set to headline the event, which takes place June 7 at the 02 Arena in London, England.

According to the report, the UFC will improve the fight card in multiple ways in the wake of the withdrawal of one of the UFC's biggest stars. Theorganization will soon be announcing a new main event to replace Evans vs. Liddell, and will fill out the event with even more fights than normal, a reportedthirteen. This would give the card the most fights of any UFC event in the last ten years.

In the report, UFC President Dana White went on record to reassure the fans, saying "We're adding fights to the card and rearranging it so the UK fanswon't have to worry, we'll still be bringing an amazing card to London and the O2 Arena. The UFC always delivers."

For further details, including a nasty photo of Liddell's injured leg, check out the full report on UFC.com.

Before his own injury, Liddell was originally slated to face Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in the bout, but the former PRIDE star had to pull out himself dueto a knee injury.

-Silva vs. Le won't happen anytime soon. That is Strikeforce's poster boy. Outside the UFC, I'd like to see Silva fight Filho or Lindland.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Reports on sherdog and mmajunkie are saying Chuck is injured and is off the UFC 85 card. That card sucked already as it was.

According to a report on UFC.com, Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell has torn his right hamstring and has been forced out of a scheduled fight with Rashad Evans at UFC 85. The fight between Liddell and Evans was previously set to headline the event, which takes place June 7 at the 02 Arena in London, England.

According to the report, the UFC will improve the fight card in multiple ways in the wake of the withdrawal of one of the UFC's biggest stars. The organization will soon be announcing a new main event to replace Evans vs. Liddell, and will fill out the event with even more fights than normal, a reported thirteen. This would give the card the most fights of any UFC event in the last ten years.

In the report, UFC President Dana White went on record to reassure the fans, saying "We're adding fights to the card and rearranging it so the UK fans won't have to worry, we'll still be bringing an amazing card to London and the O2 Arena. The UFC always delivers."

For further details, including a nasty photo of Liddell's injured leg, check out the full report on UFC.com.

Before his own injury, Liddell was originally slated to face Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in the bout, but the former PRIDE star had to pull out himself due to a knee injury.

-Silva vs. Le won't happen anytime soon. That is Strikeforce's poster boy. Outside the UFC, I'd like to see Silva fight Filho or Lindland.
Silva and Paulo are too good of friends and said they'd not fight. Silva v Cung Le would be a ridiculous mismatch. Beating an over the hill FrankShamrock does not warrant a fight with the best P4P fighter.

What could they have in store for us? The heavy weight title is on ice because of the new TUF season 7 is rumored to have big nog and mir (but why is mirfighting at 86?), The LHW fighters are pretty much spoken for, we've seen basically all of the top talent within the last couple months. The only thing Icould imagine coming up besides the Werdum and vera fight would be maybe a Cheick Kongo vs Gab Gonzaga or a Fitch vs Koschiek. A Franklin/Leben fight would bebad %%# iMO but may be a tad premature.

damn both liddell and rua injured, i guess it wasnt meant to be for now

silva vs. le wont happen... plus le isnt ready for that caliber of a fighter and dana white wont cross promote

Hard to believe that at what many people feel is the peak of MMA's popularity, I am buying less and less PPV's.......

I don't think FItch and Kos will fight. Same camp.

gsp's definitely going to be around for the fitch fight.

honestly i think silva would maul gsp.

gsp was getting pummeled before, bj in his role as the ever popular 'fatty penn', gassed out.

silva hits harder and is a better striker overall. gsp would have to get that thing to the ground and fast, where silva is well versed as well.

a shame that liddell got injured, it looks nasty.

i actually had evans winning the decision in that one.

overall the card for ufc 85 isnt all that bad, in fact im looking at it right now and i thinktha.......................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

eek.gif
@ bisping/leben that fight is gonna be sick even though I hate both fighters

and he fighting soon as hell imo, but he did say he wanted another fight asap

LOL @ Kimbo talking about Chucky... They keep feeding Kimbo clowns and he thinks he can throw with Chuck? ++%?! James Thompson? WHO!?

If 85 is free on Spike it's a great card.

If I have to pay, it's not.

Say what you want about Kimbo being fed "clowns". Not too many guys fight a contender in their first, second or third fight.

GSP is one of the few I can think of.

Originally Posted by illphillip

If 85 is free on Spike it's a great card.

If I have to pay, it's not.

Say what you want about Kimbo being fed "clowns". Not too many guys fight a contender in their first, second or third fight.

GSP is one of the few I can think of.
Tell that to Brock Lesnar. And when you have people like Gary Shaw hyping you up as the greatest thing since sliced bread while denouncing people likeFedor and Anderson Silva, true MMA take offense to that. Not to mention when you have an entourage who don't know how to act, it makes the sport look bad.

Kimbo was cool, he hasn't been yapping but everybody hating on him. Give hiim a chance cuz how many MMA fighters came from being bouncers or just versed inone art?

99% of them have.

Let Kimbo get his time to learn and then we'll see what's up.

Back
Top Bottom