Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Let Evans fight Jones and Okami vs Silva by August. If Jones and Silva retain. Silva moves up for a title shot. I rather watch Silva vs Jones than Silva vs St Pierre

As much as I like Silva, Silva would get destroyed against Jonny. Let's wait for Phil Davis to move up and see how he fares against him.

Originally Posted by quiickz

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by quiickz

laugh.gif
at Sherdog already making excuses for Shogun's loss. Yeah he looked gassed but thats because he spent alot of time on his back.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Seen that too. But to be honest, Shogun can't train at 100% like he did before. At one time dude had GSP/Cain/Nick Diaz type stamina, now homeboy gets gassed faster than a fat BJ Penn 
I knew his lay-off was gonna be a factor heading into the fight but the fan-boys were all saying that this Shogun is healthy. Whatever.
Dudes on Sherdog are on another level when they like a specific fighter. 
But healthy for Shogun now is none of his knee ligaments are torn. And because he blew out his knees so many times he can't run as hard or as long as he used to. He is also much weaker in the upper body had he was in the Pride days. Old Shogun has a chance, this Shogun will never come close. 
And to be honest I myself was probably still drunk on a little Pride nostalgia to think Rua was going to win 

the second they showed rashad he got a ton of boos.  
laugh.gif

some of you have a good point, i think the fans would react to him differently if he was white.  the fans have never liked him.  rampage and jones are way more arrogant though and are popular.  those 2 might be the exception or people just hate rashad for reasons they can't explain.

i'm surprised people think rampage has a chance.  he's too slow.  he would get hit 10 times before he could blink.  isn't fedor thinking of moving down to 205?  just a thought.

Originally Posted by shogun

laugh.gif

some of you have a good point, i think the fans would react to him differently if he was white.  the fans have never liked him.  rampage and jones are way more arrogant though and are popular.  those 2 might be the exception or people just hate rashad for reasons they can't explain.

i'm surprised people think rampage has a chance.  he's too slow.  he would get hit 10 times before he could blink.  isn't fedor thinking of moving down to 205?  just a thought.
The difference with Rampage and Jones is that they fight to finish. Rashad is probably the only cocky blanket I know of. I don't hear Gray Maynard or Jon Fitch talking as much as him or rubbing their nipples and grabbing their crotches.

laugh.gif

Jones isn't going over well with the fans at all.To say he is the new champ he got little applause.Dude is a christian ,humble fighter, calm and collected. He is the opposite of alot of fighters and the complete opposite of  many black athletes in general. Dude is having an after party thats a charity dinner that is something we have never seen a fighter do or say. Fans don't like that he is trying to maintain a good image and be a role model for young people.

That fight when he twisted his nipples and grabbed his crotch...how did that end again?

And yes...ThorrocksJs has it right.  Hopefully, tonight combined with the need for a heel and face against Rashad changes things.

Do you realize this dude stopped crime and won the world title tonight? 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Burn916

That fight when he twisted his nipples and grabbed his crotch...how did that end again?

And yes...ThorrocksJs has it right.  Hopefully, tonight combined with the need for a heel and face against Rashad changes things.

Do you realize this dude stopped crime and won the world title tonight? 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I hate Rashad but he twisted his nipples as a good luck thing from Greg Jackson. Theres gifs of Keith Jardine and GSP doing it

BONES
pimp.gif

I'm just wondering how great he can be after watching the fight for the third time. I knew he was gonna GNP the hell out of Shogun, but I didn't think he'd dominate the stand-up like he did.

Jim Miller... that dude. Gotta give Kamal props though, he has good chin and good defense. Jim is on some next level-type stuff though. I think I saw him try a flying triangle at one point?
laugh.gif
His stand-up is a lot better than I thought.

Barboza/ Njokuani fight was a great way to start the night. Njokuani's chin surprised me. Barboza looked amazed that he couldn't KO him, but that last kick that almost took him out was
eek.gif
pimp.gif

mad.gif
  i don't like jones and don't like seeing him as the champion.  the only one who can beat him right now is silva.  book it, joe silva.

no. jones would just neutralize the standup & we'd get a repeat of the groundgame we saw tonight.

Originally Posted by Hyper

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Who's going to beat him? Rashad? No.  Machida? No. Couture? No.  Rampage? No.

Honestly, the only person I see giving him a match is if Anderson moves up to 205.

Someone will beat him, it always happens.

People thought Machida was unbeatable, he got whopped.

People thought BJ was unbeatable @ 155, he got whooped.

People thought Torres was unbeatable, he got whooped.

Etc...

He's really good, though.

Unbeatable?

No.
i'm NOT a Jones fan... but who do you honestly see beating him? BJ, Machida, Torres, none of them possess the complete skill set Jones does. all you had to do was outwrestle BJ, attack Machida technically, follow through to not give him time to counterattack, and Torres was never a stand-up wizard.
the only one that may come close is Phil Davis... similar wrestling styles, not sure about PD's standup. but no one else seems to outshine him in an area that he can't make up for. 

i'm waiting for Jones to go to HW... that'll be fun.

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

Well, Ramapage just lost to Rashad a while back. And if he losses to Hammil he will be a certified gatekeeper. 
smile.gif
oh u mean the 1 year layoff overweight out of shape Rampage, who gassed in the 1st round and STILL almost ko'd Rashad. Its true THAT rampage lost to Rashad, but i don't think the Rampage we saw against Lyoto who comes in with a game plan and fights smart is going to lose.

Who made the decision to take the layoff tho??? RIGHT. He is where he is, because he put himself there.
grin.gif

are u just gonna ignore his fight after Rashad? what do u mean he is where he is, he has fought after that 
laugh.gif

Just thinking about how crazy I thought Shad sounded when he predicted JJ via knee tko in Dana's vlog...incredible.

I think, as was discussed a little before the fight, Rashad goes full time with Trevor Wittman, and JJ gets cornered by Mike Winkeljohn. Greg Jackson said he's not going to get involved. It might be a better fight than you guys think. Nobody knows JJ's weaknesses better than Rashad. I still think Jones retains the title, hopefully they hug it out, and Rashad either drops to 185 or he becomes JJ's Keith Jardine (though obviously a much more elite version).

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

laugh.gif

Jones isn't going over well with the fans at all.To say he is the new champ he got little applause.Dude is a christian ,humble fighter, calm and collected. He is the opposite of alot of fighters and the complete opposite of  many black athletes in general. Dude is having an after party thats a charity dinner that is something we have never seen a fighter do or say. Fans don't like that he is trying to maintain a good image and be a role model for young people.
i dunno, it seems like the harcore fans are irritated by him and the casual fans like him a lot.  that's the way i've been perceiving it, i could be wrong.  the betting odds and people picking jones to win have made me think he's popular.  but being a great fighter doesn't mean he will be liked by fans.
people are saying anderson has a small chance now?  
eek.gif

silva looked like he was in the matrix last fight, a front kick ko was one of the best i've ever seen.  i know jones would throw silva around worse than sonnen did, but standing with anderson for even 10 seconds is dangerous.

like i said before, no one should be calling it the jones era until he defends the belt once or twice.  the machida era lasted one fight.  it's easy to say machida had holes in his game because we've already seen him lose. the first time jones loses, people will be saying the same thing.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Until Phil Davis's striking improves or Bones moves up to HW I don't see who in the world that can handle Bones Jones
Very true. I see a big strong wrestler being able to beat Jones. I think he should be a HW from the get. Hes too big and tall for LHW its almost unfair.

LETS BE HONEST!!!

Jon Jones is obviously a beast. ok we get it. BUT did he really deserve the shot in the first place? he lucked out basically. Rashad got hurt Rampage couldnt make the weight so they said lets give it to the fan favorite JONNY BONES JONES.

I think the "hardcore fans" as you all call them (I like to consider myself one) are starting to see Jones is full of BS, wants this clean image to get more fans. Its obvious if you see this guys interviews, what he says or just his physical acts thats he is cocky/arrogant, but he wants people to love him and to think hes a saint, hes obviously a prick.

The UFC is obviously trying to make him the golden boy. And its working on some of you.

I dont see him doing to Rashad what he did to Shogun because Rashad is gonna wrestle like his life depended on it, I also think Rashad is quick enough to avoid strikes from Jones so its not gonna be as lop side as some of you are saying it will be. And I dont like Anderson Silva but Jones wouldnt crush Anderson or any HW like he does to all the dudes at 205

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

So following the fight Rashad cuts ties with Jackson's Training Camp?
laugh.gif

There was already reports during the week of him leaving Jackson's. He said it wouldn't make any sense if Greg had to spend time with him and Jones.

^^^^^ Besides from Jonathan Brookins, every fighter is full of himself to some degree.

And I have realized that a lot of MMA fans are like hipsters, they love a fighter when he is underground or on the come up. Soon as everyone else starts jumping on the bandwagon they got nothing but bad things to say about said fighter.

To say he's unbeatable is ridiculous.

He's unbeatEN so yes, hat's off to him. He's destroyed everyone he's fought as well, so don't get it twisted, I'm not taking anything from him.

But no one's unbeatable. Chael Sonnen, angry, confused, and full of steroids put it to Anderson for 13 minutes before making a stupid mistake against a TREMENDOUS fighter, which is obviously magnified when you're fighting someone of that caliber.

If anyone deserves the title of being unbeatable right now, it's Silva.

It's MMA, not boxing, flash knockouts happen all the time, and smart gameplanning happens even more.

I could see any of the following guys actively competing with Jones and that's all you really ask for in a fight.

Rampage
Rashad
GSP
A. Silva
Forrest
Randy
Lyoto

These guys are all top of the game fighters. I'm not saying I'd bet on anyone of these guys against JBJ, but to say he'd hands down crush any of them is absurd.

Props to him on his win, but let's be real.

Chael Sonnen took it to Anderson because Anderson has weak TD defense, everyone knew that when Okami and Hendo put him on his back. Jones is really well rounded. And LMFAO at GSP and Randy being in your list of people to compete with Jones. First of all, GSP will never fight at LHW and Randy is past his prime. There are two people I see giving Jonny some trouble and that's Rampage and Phil Davis.

Back
Top Bottom