Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Machida put some of the most pinpoint accurate punches I've seen in a MMA match on Rashads chin in that fight... Many of the strikes he took were right "on the button".

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

So UFC 130 lookin like:

Maynard/Edgar III
Rampage/Thiago Silva
Roy Nelson/ Mir
Alves/Story

Wow, so Rampage doesn't get a title shot and Mir isn't going to fight JDS for the interim belt. Wow
Mir and Rampage in no way deserve title shots. No Way
Sort of agree with you on both counts but:

Who deserves a title shot more than these two?

Bones/Bader have not proven more than Page has.
HW division is such that Mir actually has a case to fight JDS for the interim belt at least.

Not that either Page nor Mir has looked overly impressive, but I can't make a case for anyone to be ahead of them in terms of their respective situations in each of their respective divisions.

Bones/Bader should face the winner of Page/Silva to determine who gets the next title shot. In no way does the winner of Bones/Bader deserves a title shot more than Page does currently.

^
Jones and Bader have been winning, that's how you prove you deserve a title shot.  Rampage is very inconsistent, let him win 2 or 3 in a row and then he can get a shot.  He doesn't deserve anything right now.

Shogun might not beat Rashad as easily as people think.  He's coming off another knee surgery.  We don't know if his conditioning will be like it was against Forrest or against Machida.  I'm thinking Rashad will be looking to throw a ton of lowkicks at those knees.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
Jones and Bader have been winning, that's how you prove you deserve a title shot.  Rampage is very inconsistent, let him win 2 or 3 in a row and then he can get a shot.  He doesn't deserve anything right now.

Shogun might not beat Rashad as easily as people think.  He's coming off another knee surgery.  We don't know if his conditioning will be like it was against Forrest or against Machida.  I'm thinking Rashad will be looking to throw a ton of lowkicks at those knees.
That would be a stupid mistake to throw low kicks with Shogun because Rua would counter him consistently. And Shogun has to be doing something wrong in his training to be tearing his ACL over and over. Maybe he should stay in the states for a couple months and rehab the knee because he always runs back to the gym overweight on a knee which is not fully healed.
But Shogun is either going to knockout Rashad or submit him. Evans only hope is if Shogun is hurt over out of shape 

Originally Posted by quiickz

Why is 130 looking better than 129, when 129 is supposed to be the 'biggest UFC event'?
'
Same thing i was wondering.
Hopefully they can get Aldo on that card 

Originally Posted by sbrar8

Originally Posted by quiickz

Why is 130 looking better than 129, when 129 is supposed to be the 'biggest UFC event'?
'
Same thing i was wondering.
Hopefully they can get Aldo on that card 

They better, if not I'm disappointed. This event has been hyped up to be something huge but it doesn't seem like it.

Maaaaan Rampage and Thiago?
smile.gif
im lovin it. 129 is whatever to me. Im excited for 126 as well.

I'm a huge Rampage fan but he's gotta take a stool and sit on it for a hot minute. His last fight wasn't impressive and should have lost it and everyone in the MMA world/universe/galaxy knows it. He's painful to watch right now.

At least for Bones and Bader, they've been winning fights and are consistent, but Dana of course wants to build up and milk the hype on these two guys for $.

...and just to close the night: I hope the UFC cuts Leben soon (yes, I'm the biggest Leben hater you can find out there).

^

They've been winning against trash. But I will say they both have looked impressive. So it just depends on what you find more impressive, winning against trash, or winning slightly against quality [looking back at Page's bouts after losing to Forrest].

Personally I can't say Jones/Bader would deserve a title shot before Page. Especially if Page beats Silva.. in any fashion.

^

They've been winning against trash. But I will say they both have looked impressive. So it just depends on what you find more impressive, winning against trash, or winning slightly against quality [looking back at Page's bouts after losing to Forrest].

Personally I can't say Jones/Bader would deserve a title shot before Page. Especially if Page beats Silva.. in any fashion.
exactly what i came in to say...Jones and Baber havent beatin anyone

^

Jones and Bader haven't beaten anyone in the top 10 to grant them a title shot, Page makes the most sense to be next in line but I would like to see him face the winner of Franklin/Griffin should he beat Thiago.

No way the Jones/Bader winner gets a title shot. If anything the winner of that fight should fight Thiago Silva.

Jones hasnt beaten anyone yet either. Pretty much since Vera got cut his most impressive win was a decision over Bonnar

Vladimir dude was old everyone knew Jones was gonna win that was almost a step down in competition.

I think Bader's record is more impressive if anything.

Yet another UFC champion injured.
[h1]
[h1]Dominick Cruz to have finger surgery
[/h1]

Chalk up Dominick Cruz as another UFC champion on the disabled list.

The bantamweight title holder is expected to have surgery on his broken left index finger this week. He suffered the injury during training camp for his first title defense against Joseph Benavidez last August. He chose to fight through the injury instead of having surgery right away because he didn't want to postpone the fight.

The surgery will prevent Cruz (17-1) from any contact training for as long as three months and might postpone his return to the octagon until early summer. Although the San Diego-based fighter is hopeful he'll resume hitting pads within 12 weeks, he knows an official return date will be up to the UFC.

"It could be six months, but I'm not planning on six months," Cruz said. "I'll say that it will take me eight weeks to recover and 12 weeks to punch again. [My return] has nothing to do with me being ready. That has to do with the UFC booking cards. I can't book myself on a card if I'm not ready.

"Bottom line is just finding that opening on a card and having the time right on my hand."

Cruz had actually scheduled the surgery for Monday morning in Chicago but was stuck at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport instead, due to flight delays. Although he wasn't sure exactly when the procedure would be rescheduled, he was hopeful it would take place by the end of the week.
[/h1]

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

I'm a huge Rampage fan but he's gotta take a stool and sit on it for a hot minute. His last fight wasn't impressive and should have lost it and everyone in the MMA world/universe/galaxy knows it. He's painful to watch right now.

At least for Bones and Bader, they've been winning fights and are consistent, but Dana of course wants to build up and milk the hype on these two guys for $.

...and just to close the night: I hope the UFC cuts Leben soon (yes, I'm the biggest Leben hater you can find out there).

You are not a Rampage fan %#!!. His last fight wasn't impressive?? You mean having a game plan and implementing it against top 3 LHW? Who destroyed everyone until Shogun beat him? I could understand if you mean hes to much of a boxer and doesn't use leg kicks okay but  he did not lose that fight he won round 1 and 2 for pushing the pace and being aggressive, but got killed 3rd round. Also Leben should be cut?? There is no way hes going to be cut unless he loses 3 more in a row Dana loves Leben the guy puts everything on the line to entertain fans. Lastly Rampage kills Bader and beats Bones.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

You are not a Rampage fan %#!!. His last fight wasn't impressive?? You mean having a game plan and implementing it against top 3 LHW? Who destroyed everyone until Shogun beat him? I could understand if you mean hes to much of a boxer and doesn't use leg kicks okay but  he did not lose that fight he won round 1 and 2 for pushing the pace and being aggressive, but got killed 3rd round. Also Leben should be cut?? There is no way hes going to be cut unless he loses 3 more in a row Dana loves Leben the guy puts everything on the line to entertain fans. Lastly Rampage kills Bader and beats Bones.

-Rampages last fight was not impressive at all. Most people think he lost, he moving forward all a abstract reason why he won the fight to me is BS. He won a close decision, thats fine, but he didn't look impressive. Page did zero damage to Machida. 
-The LHW situation is not looking very clear right now. But the winner of Bones v. Bader has to be next in line for a title shot. Why make your two best 205 prospects fight each other if not for a title shot. Every other 205 contender (Forrest, Rich, Page, Machida, Silva, Lil Nog) has yet to  put the wins together to warrant a title shot. 

-No way Leben is getting cut, no #$*%!@+ way. Leben is the 185 gate keeper and always comes to fight. And just imagine Leben v. Wand 
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Add that fight to UFC 129 and watch people go nuts. Because there is no way I'm paying to see K-1 Jake Shields and George Safety First St. Pierre jab and dry hump one another for 25 mins. I'll pass

To determine the next in line for a shot at the light heavyweight title, they should just match up the winner of Jones/Bader and Rampage/Silva. Makes the most sense to me.

-Rampages last fight was not impressive at all. Most people think he lost, he moving forward all a abstract reason why he won the fight to me is BS. He won a close decision, thats fine, but he didn't look impressive. Page did zero damage to Machida. 
-The LHW situation is not looking very clear right now. But the winner of Bones v. Bader has to be next in line for a title shot. Why make your two best 205 prospects fight each other if not for a title shot. Every other 205 contender (Forrest, Rich, Page, Machida, Silva, Lil Nog) has yet to  put the wins together to warrant a title shot. 

-No way Leben is getting cut, no #$*%!@+ way. Leben is the 185 gate keeper and always comes to fight. And just imagine Leben v. Wand 
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Add that fight to UFC 129 and watch people go nuts. Because there is no way I'm paying to see K-1 Jake Shields and George Safety First St. Pierre jab and dry hump one another for 25 mins. I'll pass

laugh.gif
if you think Jones/Bader winner should get a title shot. They've both been brought along very very slowly. They don't deserve a shot over Rampage especially if Page beats Silva.

Page would have beaten Machida and Silva, not to mention Wanderlei and Jardine.. all the while never getting a title shot after he lost it to Forrest. And the Machida/Page fight was close so it's not like it was the worst decision ever. Machida did not outright win that bout so I can't be mad at the decision.

Not sure what they'll do, but if they match winner of Jones/Bader against winner of Page/Silva, either Evans or Rua is going to be waiting around for a while. It'll be interesting to see what Dana thinks.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

To determine the next in line for a shot at the light heavyweight title, they should just match up the winner of Jones/Bader and Rampage/Silva. Makes the most sense to me.
Agree

eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
if you think Jones/Bader winner should get a title shot. They've both been brought along very very slowly. They don't deserve a shot over Rampage especially if Page beats Silva.

Page would have beaten Machida and Silva, not to mention Wanderlei and Jardine.. all the while never getting a title shot after he lost it to Forrest. And the Machida/Page fight was close so it's not like it was the worst decision ever. Machida did not outright win that bout so I can't be mad at the decision.

Not sure what they'll do, but if they match winner of Jones/Bader against winner of Page/Silva, either Evans or Rua is going to be waiting around for a while. It'll be interesting to see what Dana thinks.

-There we go again with with someone using "
laugh.gif
". It doesn't make you look anymore right, just makes you sound smug. 
- The fact is that for the last two years both Bader and Bones have done just as much if not more is the division than Page and Silva. While "Being brought along slowly", Bones beat Vera, Bonnar and was jacking up Hamill until the DQ. And Bader beat Jardine and Lil Nog. In that same time period Page has only beaten Jardine and won the close decision against Machida. Silva beat Jardine and Vera. Bader has no losses in that time period, Bones only lost is the DQ. Where as Page has a clear decision lost and Silva lost twice. Plus in two extra wins for both Bader and Jones.  

-Silva was hurt, Page was acting but that they don't get credit for those things. 

-Having a winner of Jones/Bader fight Page/Silva would push the next LHW title fight all the way to the end of the year. I'm sorry but I only got to see shogun fight once last year so I'm looking forward to seeing him put in a full years work with 3 fights (if he wins his title defenses). 

-Sounds like you are giving Page and Silva extra credit based off of reputation. 

The big men of mixed martial arts are back on The Ultimate Fighter, but this time, they will be coaching, not competing.
UFC President Dana White announced today that former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and number one contender Junior dos Santos will match wits as the coaches of season 13 of the hit Spike TV reality series.

Following the season, which begins filming this month and begins airing on March 30, Lesnar and dos Santos will then match fists in the Octagon later in 2011.

This will be the first time either fighter has appeared on The Ultimate Fighter, which began airing on Spike in 2005. The last time heavyweights coached the show was during season eight in 2008, when dos Santos’ mentor, “Minotauro

Back
Top Bottom