Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by shogun

alves didn't make weight.  what a surprise.
he needs to lose some of that muscle and get leaner in the future.
Only half a pound over. It's not too bad. I think he can make the weight, but this half pound is gonna be killer for him though.
he's bulked up to the point where weightcutting seems it's becoming a problem for him.
him and anthony johnson are the biggest dudes in the division.  i can understand missing weight once but missing it again for a 2nd fight is not good.

fitch should've went through with what he said yesterday and put it in the contract that he'll only fight alves if he makes 170 at one point before the fight.

^ I agree with Shogun. If he every becomes world champion, its going to be a nightmare for the UFC. Dude is a huge for his weight class, muscle retain water.

UFC 117 is stacked!!!!!

To a certain extent I hate that Chael is talking so much garbage but on the other hand I like it. Then again if he gets embarrassed by Silva tomorrow night like Forrest did he will look like a fool.

Can't wait!

alves didn't make weight.  what a surprise.
he needs to lose some of that muscle and get leaner in the future.
Only half a pound over. It's not too bad. I think he can make the weight, but this half pound is gonna be killer for him though.
he's bulked up to the point where weightcutting seems it's becoming a problem for him.
him and anthony johnson are the biggest dudes in the division.  i can understand missing weight once but missing it again for a 2nd fight is not good.

fitch should've went through with what he said yesterday and put it in the contract that he'll only fight alves if he makes 170 at one point before the fight.

Johnson is much bigger though, and actually makes weight (most of the time...)
laugh.gif

Silva will probably take this but I dont know....theres something in my gut telling me that we are all in for a surprise tonight.

I dont know why. But it should be an interesting card, thats for sure.

Excited for this weekend, UFC 117 should be title USA Vs. Brazil. They need national anthems at the beginning and a trophy presentation at the end.

Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva (c) vs. Chael Sonnen(R) ground K.O. 4th round.
Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Thiago Alves TKO 3rd Round
Lightweight bout: Clay Guida vs. Rafael dos Anjos - Don't care
Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Ricardo Almeida Submission 2nd round
Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelsonvs. Junior dos Santos TKO 1st round

Brazil is taking this. 3-1.

I am going against everyone and picking Sonnen for the upset. Sonnen with the relentless takedowns and superior cardio to take a decision.

Originally Posted by sbrar8

A lot of you guys are sleepin on Phil Davis, the 2012 LHW Champ
pimp.gif
No one is sleeping on Phil Davis. A lot of people are giving him the next Jon Jones treatment.

Agree with Mayhem Monkey, nobody is sleeping on this kid, but he stills got a long way to go before we talk about championships. The LHW division is no joke.

I might as well ask now WHERES THE STREAMS GONNA BE? I missed the Brock Carwin fight due to poor streams....

this sucks!i took vacation next week....fffuuuuuu!!!shouldve taken it this week......legs go SILVA!

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Debating weather or not i wanna stay up and watch this... SMH at having to get up at 6am tomorrow.

weather ='s whether?
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
its a mistake its not like he spelt it horribly wrong. But anyways I usually feel an upset such as the Fedor vs Werdum and i love Fedor but i seriously see Chael getting him down getting reversed and elbowed to TKO or he gets the rich franklin treatment

Back
Top Bottom