Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by ChrisPhenephom

Akiyama has been training hard for wand.  I doubt Leben will do much.  I think its gonna be an arm bar tho. hes due for a sub.
smokin.gif

I hope Sexyama can pull off the sub, can he get him down on the ground at will though? (or flying armbar!!!!!)

I dont know if Simpson just felt like standing and trading with Leben, but I thought he is supposed to be a high level wrestler and its not like he was able to take Leben down whenever he wanted to.
well akiyama is a judoka.  if he realllllly wants someone on the ground, theyre gunna be on the ground
laugh.gif

anyways, akiyama has been catching a lot of heat for hesitating to fight leben.  but really, id be upset too.  he has nothing to gain out of the win, but so much to lose if he gets defeated.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Akiyama has been training hard for wand.  I doubt Leben will do much.  I think its gonna be an arm bar tho. hes due for a sub.
smokin.gif

I hope Sexyama can pull off the sub, can he get him down on the ground at will though? (or flying armbar!!!!!)

I dont know if Simpson just felt like standing and trading with Leben, but I thought he is supposed to be a high level wrestler and its not like he was able to take Leben down whenever he wanted to.
well akiyama is a judoka.  if he realllllly wants someone on the ground, theyre gunna be on the ground
laugh.gif

anyways, akiyama has been catching a lot of heat for hesitating to fight leben.  but really, id be upset too.  he has nothing to gain out of the win, but so much to lose if he gets defeated.
smh.gif
i agree. sexyama has waited a year to fight Silva and he doesn't seem very focus and motivated to fight Leben. That can be very dangerous, especially since Leben is southpaw and Wand was an orthodox fighter.  if he isn't focus circling the right direction,  he will be put to sleep.  

SF was great. Sad too see Fedor lose but nobodys invincible. Props to NorCal native Cung Le and Werdum on their victory.
pimp.gif

Sucks that Wand is injured tho...I was looking forward to the great match up. Akiyama v Leben wont be too bad..I got Sexy by decision....

Very good breakdown on how Fedor lost. BJJ exploited that 1 hand Fedor kept in between Werdum's legs. Beautiful 
pimp.gif

Lesnar will beat Carwin, no doubt.

Lesnar is so much bigger than Carwin...when they were standing next to each other in the cage after the Mir v Carwin fight...Brock towered over him and was like a whole tree wider than him.

Brock will destroy.

smokin.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif

yoshiyuki yoshida is also a judoka, and dude couldnt do anything cept get put to sleep on a regular basis.  I think a high level wrestler has an equal liklihood of putting someone on the ground as a high level judoka does. 

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Lesnar will beat Carwin, no doubt.

Lesnar is so much bigger than Carwin...when they were standing next to each other in the cage after the Mir v Carwin fight...Brock towered over him and was like a whole tree wider than him.

Brock will destroy.

I am hoping for nothing less then a toe-curling, stiff-arms, out-til-the-post-fight-interview-is-done KO. (By Carwin of course.)

Brock has a wrestlers chance and that's about it. His only hope is taking Shane to the ground [repeatedly], wearing him out, and either TKO'ing him or taking a UD.

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

Very good breakdown on how Fedor lost. BJJ exploited that 1 hand Fedor kept in between Werdum's legs. Beautiful 
pimp.gif

You don't really need the video to know how Fedor got caught. Absolute rookie mistake on his part.

And in terms of Aki being a Judoka, honestly, Judo hasn't translated too well in MMA. A lot of these throws are very high risk and in Judo comps you don't even get much time on the ground. You get stood up in Judo real quick if there's even a hint on inactivity on the ground.

smokin.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif

yoshiyuki yoshida is also a judoka, and dude couldnt do anything cept get put to sleep on a regular basis.  I think a high level wrestler has an equal liklihood of putting someone on the ground as a high level judoka does. 

i agree that wrestling also has a great takedown game, but i'm also hoping yoshiyuki was just a flop when it comes to judo in the mma
laugh.gif
 we'll see on saturday.  

Originally Posted by hellomarco

why didn't the ufc make primetime episodes to hype up saturday's fight? that could be epic.

Word is Lesnar opted not to partake in the Primetime special and fully focus on his training.

I respect that.

Not to mention I hear Carwin has the personality of a grain of sand.

BOOOOOOOOOO

N.Y. Democrats throw MMA legislative roadblock

By Ken Pishna/MMAWeekly.com Jun 29, 3:46 pm EDT

* Email
* Print

UFC president Dana White has remained steadfast in his optimism in taking the Octagon to Madison Square Garden in New York sooner rather than later, but Democrats in the New York State Assembly have dealt a low blow to his hopes.

New York governor David Paterson has been a proponent of legalizing mixed martial arts in his state, and sanctioning has steadily made its way through the proper channels, but “Assembly Democrats stripped approval of [MMA] from a budget bill,

Originally Posted by Club29

why didn't the ufc make primetime episodes to hype up saturday's fight? that could be epic.

Word is Lesnar opted not to partake in the Primetime special and fully focus on his training.

I respect that.

Did anyone see the countdown special? It was pretty good like usual, both Brock and Shane came off as very likeable and genuine personalities.

Carwin wasn't as dull as I thought he was. Brock still don't give a f about anyone or anything
pimp.gif

Fight will be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by Club29

I respect that.

Did anyone see the countdown special? It was pretty good like usual, both Brock and Shane came off as very likeable and genuine personalities.

Carwin wasn't as dull as I thought he was. Brock still don't give a f about anyone or anything
pimp.gif

Fight will be
pimp.gif
Can't wait for the main event.
pimp.gif

War Lesnar!
My prediction is Carwin is going to come out firing all cylinders and Brock will take him down and break his will. That will also happen in round 2 leading to an early 3rd round TKO.

Back
Top Bottom