Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

OMG.... holy %+$$. I cannot believe I have just seen this.
Originally Posted by Alan Garner

I don't believe what I just saw, I never thought I'd see that happen to him. wow. speechless.

co-sign with both of you..

i'm still shocked right now..
eek.gif

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

OMG.... holy %+$$. I cannot believe I have just seen this.

I don't believe what I just saw, I never thought I'd see that happen to him. wow. speechless.

co-sign with both of you..

i'm still shocked right now..
eek.gif
Same here

I can't believe it...rematch is obvious. But in the meantime the WEC is stuck with two champions who are not even close to interesting. Great fighters,just not easy to sell with, Faber and Torres are still there main, and really only, draws.

All I know is that I would NOT want to be the next guy that faces Torres, dude is going to be on a freakin rampage
laugh.gif
, but man, I really don't know what to think right now, I never EVER sawthat coming at all especially a knock out in the first round.

Originally Posted by drock2010

ok its over Silva beat (literally beat) Griffin

Griffin fans (me being one) were wrong lets just move on.

You are a stand up dude. Took the L better than Forrest himself. Cool in my book.
Originally Posted by Legendk1ller

What I don't get is how do I take an L if a fighter I was rooting for loses? That doesn't make sense.

Last time I checked, when you put money on somebody you're rooting for and have to pay out, that's taking an L

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by ludex360

just merge wec and ufc already and have free events on spike once a month

this.

considering the fact that the WEC is adding a new flyweight division and dana white is trying to get WEC on PPV now, i don't think a merger of the twopromotions will happen anytime soon [or at all] despite him having 'thought about' the possibility. i think the possibility of having a PPV that hasUFC & WEC matchups on the same card is something that we could see, but not a straight up absorption of the WEC's LW, FW, BW, and FLW divisions.

and IMO, i think that it's better that the WEC stay a separate promotion. having the WEC focus on the lighter weight classes is a move that will paydividends. i'm in the belief that guys like faber, brown, and torres [despite getting KTFO'd tonight] should be paid like top fighters in the UFC, buti also think that that time will come for all of those guys. dana white has done an incredible job to help get the UFC to where it is now and i think he'llget the WEC at a similar level as well [and i really think he'll help get the WEC there faster than he did the UFC].

I feel what you're saying but :

Better cards every month > Diversifying your bonds

I don't think there is a separate market for WEC. WEC is for MMA fans that can't get enough of UFC.

Does anybody know if Griffin had to lose a lot of weight?
Dude looked dehydrated and lethargic. It could have been fear also.
But dude seemed extra slow and then put his hands up to say 'no more'
after he got dropped with the right from Silva.
Expected Silva to win but expected Griffin to hit Silva at least one time.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

you going around quoting people and acting like you're well educated in mma. YOU, my fellow NT'er should take your Boy Anderson Silva's quote which is "Who is this guy? He's an idiot"
laugh.gif
You're such a bad talker. And no Silva is not THAT fast dummy. I noticed how slow griffin was when he attacked just before that light jab. & I posted that after I read the news. I didn't notice the address because I'm not reading everyones every reply ever on this thread so I can "correct" what they said and be all up on their D.
roll.gif
You're a D rider. Just shut up.

what i just read was

'blah blah blah lame blah excuses excuses blah blah douche blah blah blah laaaaaaame'.

people are just never going to understand.

countless people claimed forrest was too big and that he was too smart of a fighter.

he 'had a gameplan' 'had too tough a chin' 'was going to body silva' they said 'definite ko'.

and now that he suffered the most embarrassing ko ever you look stuid and sound salty.

silva makes him look like a child and people are STILL saying 'silva doesnt have great power' and 'he's not that fast'

the evidence is directly in your face and yet you deny it.

silvagriffin3s.gif

anderson silva isnt fast?

that's just pathetic.
Yo clutch... You gotta just leave this dude alone.. Silva is NOT fast?
eek.gif
smh.gif

Talkin' about people D riding, when he was swinging from Griffin's nuts before the fight
sick.gif
. Your boy got exposed by the P4P best fighter in the world, and you're in here salty as %#$$ because you know he got his %%+ WHOOPED.

That fight looked like a damn sparring match. Silva was standing in front of Forrest with his arms down, and he couldn't land a clean shot...Hell, Silva even tried to help dude up after he knocked his %%+ down for the second time
laugh.gif
smh.gif

No power? Not fast? Ask your boy how his jaw is feeling
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
at dude saying silva isn't fast...dude is probably feeling super salty after that epic L
Silva Slurpers defending each other ?pure comedy
roll.gif
Okay let me see, Clutch is all up on my D, 2wenty is on top of clutch, and Alan Garner on top of 2wenty.
laugh.gif
3 dudes on me, Man I'm popular
laugh.gif
roll.gif
*Brock Lesnar* Keep Goin! Keep Goin! I Love it! *Brock Lesnar* the only Salty ones here are you guys and you don't even realize it
roll.gif
" Oh my god silva is fast Legend, he really is, Imma cry if you disagree" all 3 of you are some whiny &*%$#
laugh.gif
I know Silva's fast I know his power and his skill. I bet you guys are friends with priveleges right?
roll.gif
Have a nice day Clutch, alan, 2wenty
It's funny because you think what you're saying is funny.

Clutch has said some extremely questionable things regarding MMA in this thread. Enough for people to simply avoid engaging him in discussion. If some of these people are "coming to his rescue" on this, you REALLY have to take a step back and wonder why.

It probably has more to do with you than it does with Clutchshooter, honestly.
roll.gif

my thoughts exactly..

Anyway, I'm bitter as hell on Torres getting KO'd
eyes.gif
One of myfavorite fighters. Lost a good amount today.

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

Does anybody know if Griffin had to lose a lot of weight?
Dude looked dehydrated and lethargic. It could have been fear also.
But dude seemed extra slow and then put his hands up to say 'no more'
after he got dropped with the right from Silva.
Expected Silva to win but expected Griffin to hit Silva at least one time.

There are murmurs about him coming into the match not 100%. Some kind of injury, but no evidence as of yet. It was mentioned in the ESPN post fight analysis.

But also I believe if he came in 110% he still would have been simply outclassed. Everyone talking about he didn't execute the proper game plan, but it iseasier said than done trying to get close enough to Anderson Silva long enough to take him down.

The latest talk is Silva is abandoning his Middleweight belt and becoming a permanent Light Heavyweight.

This benefits him because:

1. He won't be stuck with a champion's clause in his contract once his final 3 fights are done.

2. Above will allow him to box Roy Jones Jr. when he is done with MMA

3. Bigger name and greater challenges. Rashad Evans, Wanderlei, Rampage, Hendo @ 205

4. LOL@ Rich Frankin

5. No more garbage fights (Leites, Cote) in the Middleweight division which he already took a doo doo on.

Cons:

1. He has stated on numerous occasions that he will not challenge his friend and training partner Lyoto Machida for the Light Heavyweight belt

I guess I'll have to eat my words about Torres steam rolling Bowles (I don't think I'm the only one). At least I'm not Frank Mir...all of hiscrushes took the L tonight.

While Benavidez took a tough loss, I'm psyched about Danny Castillo's win. That was huge.

great fights on the ufc ppv:

BJ Penn is the man! kenny employing the same strategy that gsp used will not work on penn because bj is a bigger and stronger fighter than kenny. furtermore,kenny doesnt have anywhere near as close of a wrestling skill that gsp has. standing up, bj has far superior skills in striking than florian. on the ground,same thing, bj penn was a lot better jujitsu skills than florian. only thing that kenny relied and hoped on was cardio. wearing out a bigger, stronger fighterwith phenominal takedown defense doesnt work.

Anderson Silva is also the man! i was hoping for a war, but silva made the fight look too easy. fighting a big slow opponent made griffin an easy target, plainand simple. silva should definitely just stay in light heavyweight, but i think he should avenge his loss against ryo chonan before he retires.

Well guys, so much for Torres running through Bowles
laugh.gif
. I honestlythought that Torres was gonna win, but I wasn't surprised that Bowles won. Torres has had trouble with fighters that are less then Bowles, and Bowles isthe real deal. I honestly look at this way that I see Brown, to damn strong with a granite chin, plus having actual talent= champ for a long time.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

laugh.gif
Tito kissing dana on the lips
laugh.gif

It's always dope to see behind the scenes coverage... Tito really seems like he's 100%... Hopefully he has no problem with his training... The LightHeavyweight division is stacked, especially if Silva decides to forfeit his title and move up.

I wonder if Freddy Roach is gonna be at his corner in his next fight... Team Pacquiao at the octagon
laugh.gif

Clutch has said some extremely questionable things regarding MMA in this thread. Enough for people to simply avoid engaging him in discussion. If some of these people are "coming to his rescue" on this, you REALLY have to take a step back and wonder why.
roll.gif

my thoughts exactly..

again more bs.

like i said it's all there. i even outlined the biggest arguments ive had in here and 'coincidentally' no response.

conveniently panned over for a bandwagon 'that's what i thought too!' response.

why? because im proven right.

who's going to tell me faber belongs in the same breath as gsp/silva/fedor now? there sure were enough of you before faber brown 2
grin.gif

who's going to say forrest didnt deserve that shot? there sure were enough of you before forrest was the champ
eyes.gif

the simple truth is that most of you dont like the blunt way in which i state my opinion. doesnt stop me from being correct though.

and i dont need anyone to 'come to my rescue' because i use common sense when formulating that opinion.

convenient for you all that your hindsight is 20/20. unfortunate for you that my foresight is the same.

let's take a look at some of the fantastic gems of knowlege you regulars 'in the know' have dropped throughout this thread.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

The only thing to consider now is who is the best p4p fighter in MMA? Anderson Silva? Fedor? Faber? GSP? You could even say Lesnar based on how much of a beast he is.

faber doesnt even dwell in the same universe with the likes of silva and gsp. or even bj.
He embarressed Jens Pulver twice, a guy that beat up BJ Penn pretty bad not too long ago....The last time was in 90 seconds. Of course he belongs in talks as the best p4p. He's a freak in the ring. He dominates his weight classs.

clutch..you're obviously mad..just stop embarrassing yourself

who's embarrassing?

who wants it with Houston Alexander?

^ dont like that guy. always mean muggin'/staring at his opponent and walking towards them long after the fight is over. did the same thing against jardine.

he's too mechanical and is gonna get demolished when he fights someone of consequence in the lightheavyweight division.

illphillip wrote:
I guess Forrest is another option. But again, to me it's ridiculous that people would think that Forrest should fight for a title now and Wanderlei shouldn't. (*1)

I mean.......you guys do know who Wanderlei Silva is, right?

It's not who he is, it's who he is right now, and right now he's fresh off The division is so loaded he should have to earn his way (and not based on what he has done in the past.) Victories

Again Forrest is the only fighter riding victorieS, with at least one of them being a HUGE one (*2). Any other option could have rampage inactive 8-9 months. Rampages camp was aiming for 5 or 6.

im still in full belief that liddell vs, silva could happen with great success financially.

a question is brought up. (*1)

i answer straight forwardly (*2) and get this

Again, I have no idea what the point of this post is.
it's $#!$ ing ******ed.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Mark my words, Rashad will go down! TKO/KO in the 2nd round. His striking is nowhere near Chucks, and Chucks TD defense is phenomonal. He's gonna frustrate Rashad into standing with him.

The only limb you're going on right now is the fact that you have it in the 2nd. I give it to Chuck in the 1st. This is the kind of fighter that made Chuck's career.

Everybody and their mama knows that this is Cung Le's first legitimate fight. They've been protecting him like crazy, making sure he looks great and continues to draw money.

I have no reason to believe Frank Shamrock won't win.

Rampage is on a whole nother Level right now. Forest HAS to take it to the ground with his 5 year purple belt
laugh.gif

alllll those quotes took me about 5 min to find, choosing random pages it was easy to find the 'awesome knowledge' dropped by all of you
laugh.gif

im not even addressing this anymore because this is going to stay right on this page to emphasis my point.

keep ignoring the FACTS because that +*$% is documented.

PROOF.

Back
Top Bottom