Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Maybe someone who's more familiar with MMA than I am will know this. Do they have a women's champion? I've never seen a women's belt in any ofthe MMA formats.

Wow they got the pillsbury doughboy doing MMA now?
laugh.gif

How does the weight class system work in MMA?

I noticed that Kimbo weighed in at 230lbs and Shamrock was at 205lbs.
Is it different than boxing were both fighters have to make weight?

man kimbo is a bum in MMA he stay luckin out ... courtesy of wikipedia LMAO

Seth Petruzelli will be a stand-in opponent against Kimbo Slice on October 4 when Elite XC broadcasts on CBS. Petruzelli offered to step up and fight after his reported lover received a cut over his left eye in pre-fight "practice".

That last fight was dope as hell.

Question, though: was there absolutely NO WAY dude could have gotten his other hand under the feet of the winner, lifting his feet up in the air, freeing hisheaad/neck from the grip of the winner's clenched feet?

I know that sounds confusing, but I hope someone remembers how the guy won and the position the loser was in and knows what I'm talking about.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

My dude Kimbo got the Soul Glo beard. Mad sheen goin' on.
roll.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anyway,[/color]
smh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]@ Daley..I was hoping he'd win.. but Kimbo better revamp my night[/color]
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]^ I'll feed on your question[/color]
nerd.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].. is it impossible to get out of the "armbar" ? This is my first time payingattention to this sport
ohwell.gif
[/color]

ska ... i know it looks like you can do that but just think about the power of one arm vs. two clenched legs ... shields is so strong in his lower body thereis no way dude was gonna pull that off ...

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

How does the weight class system work in MMA?

I noticed that Kimbo weighed in at 230lbs and Shamrock was at 205lbs.
Is it different than boxing were both fighters have to make weight?

they were fighting in the heavyweight division (265 lbs limit) so both fighters did make weight.

generally someone fighting in this division weighs in at more but it's within the rules.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

^ I'll feed on your question
nerd.gif
.. is it impossible to get out of the "armbar" ? This is my first time paying attention to this sport
ohwell.gif

no. in fact rich franklin recently escaped from am armbar the same way daley attempted to.

there are various ways to escape an armbar. it wasnt about shield's strength. generally the person attempting has a vast leverage advantage.

shields actually telegraphed (more like standard mailed ) that armbar in. daley just had no ground game whatsoever.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]^ I'll feed on your question[/color]
nerd.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].. is it impossible to get out of the "armbar" ? This is my first time paying attention to this sport
ohwell.gif
[/color]
If you can roll the armbar over. But that's not easy at all.

I'd fight Kimbo for the right price.

Back
Top Bottom