Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I think Barnett is better than AA obviously but Barnett comes accross as a little too "plain" to be really marketable.

-With all of these scenarios, I still cant help but wonder on how WAMMA's going to survive in this business if they're just going to put up grudgematches and aging fighters. It'll take a big-named fighter other than that dude named "Fedor" for everyone to follow. I'm pretty sure Mr.White's got a list of priority fighters to shell out 5-6 figures per match

-I can see Tito earning 1-1.5 mil minimum, win or lose of course

-It's nice to see Fedor fight again but I'd put Barnett and Arlovski in 1 fight for the #1 contender. I'd milk this division since it's prettymuch their biggest draw.

-It's nice to see Fedor fight again but I'd put Barnett and Arlovski in 1 fight for the #1 contender. I'd milk this division since it's pretty much their biggest draw.
That would pretty much leave Fedor off the next card and he's the main cash cow. If you think it was hard to have the casual UFC fan watch aPPV with Fedor in the main event, I can't even imagine how it would be without him.

Heres Saturday's card for EliteXC's 2nd show on CBS:

Venue: Stockton Arena
Broadcast: Showtime (8-9 p.m. ET), CBS (9-11 p.m. ET)

MAIN CARD (CBS)

Champ Robbie Lawler vs. Scott Smith (for EliteXC middleweight title)
Jake Shields vs. Nick Thompson (for vacant EliteXC welterweight title)
Thomas Denny vs. Nick Diaz
Shayna Baszler vs. Cristiane Cyborg
David Douglas and Marlon Mathias (swing bout)

MAIN CARD (SHOWTIME)

Justin Eilers vs. Antonio Silva (for vacant EliteXC heavyweight title)
Brian Caraway vs. Wilson Reis
Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante vs. Travis Galbraith

PRELIMINARY CARD

Jeremy Freitag vs. Anthony Ruiz
Mike Cook vs. Carl Seumanutafa
Drew Montgomery vs. Brandon Tarn

ehh sub par card. Other than the MW and Shields fight nothing too spectacular. Also is Diaz is even thinking of a re with KJ he's got to win thisdecisively. It's too bad i'm not home or i'd make the drive to catch the event
frown.gif

im excited to see diaz fight and lawler/smith 2.

and i dont even really watch womens mma but i think cristiane cyborg is gonna be a beast.

EDIT: so is fedor still going to fight on NYE too?

I'm interested to see Bigfoot fight. But yeah, this show won't do anywhere close to the numbers the first show did w/o Kimbo.

Originally Posted by wildout4

im excited to see diaz fight and lawler/smith 2.

and i dont even really watch womens mma but i think cristiane cyborg is gonna be a beast.

EDIT: so is fedor still going to fight on NYE too?
yup Arlovski in Oct11

on UFC Unleashed, a commercial aired that said during the cable TV premiere of UFC 84 this Saturday night, "UFC President Dana White, will be making ASPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT".

Originally Posted by Meangene44103

on UFC Unleashed, a commercial aired that said during the cable TV premiere of UFC 84 this Saturday night, "UFC President Dana White, will be making A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT".

Dana and the UFC never cease to amaze me. I was watching back and forth during the Silva/Irvin and AA/Rothwell fight. Can't he just let people enjoyone show at a time.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

MAIN CARD (CBS)

MAIN CARD (SHOWTIME)

PRELIMINARY CARD

I think that's pretty solid for a CBS card. Wouldn't pay for it on PPV but since it's free I'll def watch it. Robbie Lawler has lookedgood as of late and that should be a dynamite rematch. I expect Jake Shields to come out on top and you never know what's going to happen with a Nick Diazfight so that should be interesting. Unless her name is Carano I usually don't pay to much attention to the female mma fighters....

on UFC Unleashed, a commercial aired that said during the cable TV premiere of UFC 84 this Saturday night, "UFC President Dana White, will be making A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT".
O jeezus what is it now? Ken-Tito 4? Is (insert overrated gatekeepers name here) gonna be the next TUF coach? Is Dan Severn is coming out ofretirement? Or is Johnnie Morton and Michael Westbrook making there UFC debuts? I can't wait.....

Originally Posted by NikeMax

O jeezus what is it now? Ken-Tito 4? Is (insert overrated gatekeepers name here) gonna be the next TUF coach? Is Dan Severn is coming out of retirement? Or is Johnnie Morton and Michael Westbrook making there UFC debuts? I can't wait.....

I think they're just officially announcing UFC 89 is gonna be free.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

O jeezus what is it now? Ken-Tito 4? Is (insert overrated gatekeepers name here) gonna be the next TUF coach? Is Dan Severn is coming out of retirement? Or is Johnnie Morton and Michael Westbrook making there UFC debuts? I can't wait.....

O-haha thats cool then. I guess I'll shutup and stop complaining now
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

MAIN CARD (CBS)

MAIN CARD (SHOWTIME)

PRELIMINARY CARD

I'm hoping to see good-great fights tomorrow. AMPED to see Diaz fight.
That would pretty much leave Fedor off the next card and he's the main cash cow. If you think it was hard to have the casual UFC fan watch a PPV with Fedor in the main event, I can't even imagine how it would be without him.
Agreed. I guess he'll be the poster boy for WAMMA, I figured he'll be some type of Royce,Dan S, Shamrock, Tito, Chuck for them.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

O-haha thats cool then. I guess I'll shutup and stop complaining now
smile.gif

Or they bought the IFL.

http://thefightnetwork.com/news/mma/805/zuffa_purchases_ifl

The long speculated moratorium of the International Fight League now has a date. According to IFL senior vice president of communications Joe Favorito, the team-based MMA promotion will turn out the lights July 31 as its assets are sold to a yet-to-be-named buyer, confirmed today by several anonymous sources as the UFC ownership group Zuffa LLC.

They'll probably mention it, but they didn't even hold a seperate announcement on Spike about the Pride deal, so I doubt they'll do it over theIFL. Not to mention most of the fighters from the IFL crossed over already.

Back
Top Bottom