Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Originally Posted by Bearcat23

I could go on forever as to why the UFC wants Forrest more than Rampage.

1. Gives credence to their reality show

2. He's "funny"

3. He takes a beating and keeps going... Warrrrrr as Mr. Rogan would call it.

I'm sorry but all this Bonnar v. Griffin BS about them putting UFC on the map is horrendous. It's like the've been building to this moment forever. Two sloppy strikers punching each other silly does nothing for me, however, for most of the public I guess it's an awesome thing. Griffin is a posterboy. I realize he has some talent, that much is obvious. But the #1 205'er in the world? Honestly? I'm' just not seeing it. I could be completely wrong on this...but I don't think i am.

honestly bro...the same would be said about rampage...we all know rampage has a BIG mouth therefore I wouldn't go as far as saying the UFC helped forrest win the decision...and honestly, I'm reading that forrest won the first round...I was pulling for forrest and I thought he had lost the first round...so it's just opinion. word.

-smile
How does Rampage give credence to their reality show, which is a HUGE draw for the UFC? He doesn't. $@+%, how many times did they reference Forrest being the "original" Ultimate Fighter, they love the fact that he came from their reality show.

Pride v. UFC is still a debate, Dana knows this. Rampage is still Pride in most people's eyes. He doesn't have the drawing power in the US that Forrest does. Listen to the crowd at the beginning of the fight.

I still say this decision was garbage. I watched it again. It's not really all that close, be I knew if it was even mildly close the decision would go to Forrest.

You arguing about Forrest being crowded the OG ultimate fighter is the same as Rampage being known as the person who knocked out Iceman....that's just what they are known for...and you can't be serious bro ???? Rampage is poster boy coming up in TV shows and upcoming movies PLUS he has action figures...and you're gonna sit there and tell me he doesn't draw that much attention ??? please man....and I don't even know where to begin about the pride...I guess the same could be said about W.Silva right ???

both fighters stuck to their game plan...and forrest came out winning...maybe if page didn't back up soo much the judges wouldn't have marked him down....you sound more like a rampage fan rather than a MMA fan...but to each his own.

-smile

Please.... I could give a damn about Rampage or Forrest. Listen to the commentating. Tell me how many times they referenced Rampage as the man who knocked out Liddell, and how many times they mentioned Forrest being the Original Ultimate Fighter. And you're definitely off base on Pride. The UFC has avoided every other organization like the Plague, see upcoming Affliction show. Rampage will always go back to pride, most of his highlights are from Pride. The UFC doesn't want to acknowledge that %++#. And I'm sorry knocking out Chuck isn't a big deal anymore, the UFC knows it, see Keith Jardine.

And what does Wanderlei have to do with anything in this discussion? If you fail to realize the importance of TUF to the UFC, you're just missing the boat. The proof is in the pudding my man, that's how they make their money. I don't see Keith Jardine getting stroked off for beating Chuck...I do see Forrest getting stroked for winning TUF, it's all they talk about with him, he "put the UFC on the map." Forrest beat Rua...who was supposedly injured....Show me someone else on the list that is even worth mentioning...Jardine beat him...Oh I forgot, he beat Hector Ramirez...****...He didn't even deserve a title shot. Forrest is a good personality, he's a decent fighter, nothing more.

I guess the same could be said about matt serra ???? chill bro
grin.gif

i am not your 'bro'.

Chuck BETTER NOT get a title shot if he beats Rashad. By the way, isnt Machida the #1 contender for the light heavyweight belt after beating tito?
Liddell/Griffin is a much bigger draw than griffin/machida.

ufc has to know that. it's about money. i think saturday proved that.

i think they know that a lot of the casual audience would find machida 'boring'.

rampage/machida would either force the ufc to give machida a title shot with such a high profile victory or it gets rampage back in for the rematch.

I was hoping that Rampage would knock out Forest in the same amount of time in the same style as he knocked out Chuck. Oh well, maybe now we'll get aRampage-Wanderlei III sometime soon.

I still don't see how people keep seeing a 10-8 round. Yes Forrest obviously won that round, but a 10-8 round for me is both control and damage. His groundand pound was ineffective. I don't see how thats any different from any other lay and pray. You had a man with one leg who was so open to a mount and hewasn't finished...

Rampage did not lose to Forrest.............................

Rampage lost to Dana White........

Im done with UFC............

Originally Posted by JBug88

i don't know a whole lot about MMA, but I watch it regularly and this Rampage-Forrest fight was a travesty.
Did anyone else get a weird feeling from the very beginning when Joe and Mike were slobbin up Forrest?
We had about 10 people over and almost all of us were drinking and even the chicks that were there said something was off about this fight.
i'm not gonna say "fixed" but ehh...
and then Rampage being a nice guy after the fight. wonder how much Dana laced his pockets with to say what he said?
a friend of mine said something along the lines of this may be the beginning of the end. mma is going the way of boxing. hate to say it, and maybe not to that extent, but it may be.

-J-

jun2106-saltshaker.jpg

j/p but it was a pretty good fight. I was at the bw3's in ohio and people were going crazy cuz forrest is from columbus but it was a close fight.

With all being said and done, it was a close fight and Rampage had his chance to finish the fight in the first round. He'll get his second chance, as longas he beats whoever they put in front of him; Wandy. Shogun, Machida, or maybe even Spider, lol. And to all those people saying this is the ned of the UFC andthey're done with the UFC, I highly doubt it. In 2 weeks, you have Spider fighting for free and then you got GSP/Fitch in August. So many great fights bythe end of the year.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

grin.gif
i am not your 'bro'.

Chuck BETTER NOT get a title shot if he beats Rashad. By the way, isnt Machida the #1 contender for the light heavyweight belt after beating tito?

i think they know that a lot of the casual audience would find machida 'boring'.

rampage/machida would either force the ufc to give machida a title shot with such a high profile victory or it gets rampage back in for the rematch.
I ask you a question and all you can come up with is "I'm not your bro !"
laugh.gif

log off son

Oh let me guess your next post in here " I'm not your son !"
laugh.gif

I want Machida to get a title shot as much as the next person but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Hes going to have beat a top light heavyweight(Wandy, Rampage, Shogun, Liddel, Franklin) and do it in a way that satisfies fans (knockout). I love him but hes not a fighter that will put butts in theseats. Its a shame cause I see him beating Forrest with ease.

And whats up with Cote getting a title shot? LOL. Silva by decapitation of Cote's head. Thats how thin the middleweight division is.

grin.gif
i am not your 'bro'.

laugh.gif

log off son

laugh.gif
someone need to slap this dude ryda421..........

2. He's "funny"

I'm sorry but all this Bonnar v. Griffin BS about them putting UFC on the map is horrendous. It's like the've been building to this moment forever. Two sloppy strikers punching each other silly does nothing for me, however, for most of the public I guess it's an awesome thing. Griffin is a posterboy. I realize he has some talent, that much is obvious. But the #1 205'er in the world? Honestly? I'm' just not seeing it. I could be completely wrong on this...but I don't think i am.

honestly bro...the same would be said about rampage...we all know rampage has a BIG mouth therefore I wouldn't go as far as saying the UFC helped forrest win the decision...and honestly, I'm reading that forrest won the first round...I was pulling for forrest and I thought he had lost the first round...so it's just opinion. word.

-smile
How does Rampage give credence to their reality show, which is a HUGE draw for the UFC? He doesn't. $@+%, how many times did they reference Forrest being the "original" Ultimate Fighter, they love the fact that he came from their reality show.

Pride v. UFC is still a debate, Dana knows this. Rampage is still Pride in most people's eyes. He doesn't have the drawing power in the US that Forrest does. Listen to the crowd at the beginning of the fight.

I still say this decision was garbage. I watched it again. It's not really all that close, be I knew if it was even mildly close the decision would go to Forrest.

You arguing about Forrest being crowded the OG ultimate fighter is the same as Rampage being known as the person who knocked out Iceman....that's just what they are known for...and you can't be serious bro ???? Rampage is poster boy coming up in TV shows and upcoming movies PLUS he has action figures...and you're gonna sit there and tell me he doesn't draw that much attention ??? please man....and I don't even know where to begin about the pride...I guess the same could be said about W.Silva right ???

both fighters stuck to their game plan...and forrest came out winning...maybe if page didn't back up soo much the judges wouldn't have marked him down....you sound more like a rampage fan rather than a MMA fan...but to each his own.

-smile

Please.... I could give a damn about Rampage or Forrest. Listen to the commentating. Tell me how many times they referenced Rampage as the man who knocked out Liddell, and how many times they mentioned Forrest being the Original Ultimate Fighter. And you're definitely off base on Pride. The UFC has avoided every other organization like the Plague, see upcoming Affliction show. Rampage will always go back to pride, most of his highlights are from Pride. The UFC doesn't want to acknowledge that %++#. And I'm sorry knocking out Chuck isn't a big deal anymore, the UFC knows it, see Keith Jardine.

And what does Wanderlei have to do with anything in this discussion? If you fail to realize the importance of TUF to the UFC, you're just missing the boat. The proof is in the pudding my man, that's how they make their money. I don't see Keith Jardine getting stroked off for beating Chuck...I do see Forrest getting stroked for winning TUF, it's all they talk about with him, he "put the UFC on the map." Forrest beat Rua...who was supposedly injured....Show me someone else on the list that is even worth mentioning...Jardine beat him...Oh I forgot, he beat Hector Ramirez...****...He didn't even deserve a title shot. Forrest is a good personality, he's a decent fighter, nothing more.
yeah, but that's how commentating goes...it's not national TV where you are told to be unbiased...you can't say they have avioded everyorganization...because they UNIFIED the belts...which makes the UFC and Pride ONE ! lol come on...you're saying it's a not big ???/ lulz come on brolet's be serious...you act as if chuck is mark coleman or something...I bring up Wandi because IMO they have about the same attention in the UFC...Idon't know if you remember but when rampage came to the UFC there was a big deal about it (when he fought eastman)...or did you forget that ???

no I never said I neglect the importance of TUF...well keith so far has been a floot IMO he didn't decisively win..and on ther hand forrest has proven hisspot in the UFC; ortiz, monson,hector ramirez, bonnar, sinosic, monson, SEVERN..are you seriously gonna tell me those wins don't make him worthy but yetrampage knocking out liddell which you say is not a big deal anymore, counts ??? well it does on both sides, meaning judging the deserving of title contentionis a handpicked lottery...how many fights did rampage have before he fought for the belt ??? 1 fight so please don't say anything about who or whodoesn't deserve a title shot...and you don't think so, then I really do not want to continue this debate...they say he HELPED put UFC on the nationalstage...which he did...and you're not gonna tell that rampage vs iceman rematch didn't also help distribute UFC fame ??? **** brah lulz

Originally Posted by aZnGTI

grin.gif
i am not your 'bro'.

laugh.gif

log off son

laugh.gif
someone need to slap this dude ryda421..........

someone...but that someone isn't going to be you right ??? lulz

I'm here posted in hollywood,CA. come visit me
laugh.gif

Ryda421 wrote:

2. He's "funny"

-smile

-smile

yeah, but that's how commentating goes...it's not national TV where you are told to be unbiased...you can't say they have avioded every organization...because they UNIFIED the belts...which makes the UFC and Pride ONE ! lol come on...you're saying it's a not big ???/ lulz come on bro let's be serious...you act as if chuck is mark coleman or something...I bring up Wandi because IMO they have about the same attention in the UFC...I don't know if you remember but when rampage came to the UFC there was a big deal about it (when he fought eastman)...or did you forget that ???

no I never said I neglect the importance of TUF...well keith so far has been a floot IMO he didn't decisively win..and on ther hand forrest has proven his spot in the UFC; ortiz, monson,hector ramirez, bonnar, sinosic, monson, SEVERN..are you seriously gonna tell me those wins don't make him worthy but yet rampage knocking out liddell which you say is not a big deal anymore, counts ??? well it does on both sides, meaning judging the deserving of title contention is a handpicked lottery...how many fights did rampage have before he fought for the belt ??? 1 fight so please don't say anything about who or who doesn't deserve a title shot...and you don't think so, then I really do not want to continue this debate...they say he HELPED put UFC on the national stage...which he did...and you're not gonna tell that rampage vs iceman rematch didn't also help distribute UFC fame ??? **** brah lulz
Severn, Really Dan Severn in 2001? Wow, Just Wow
roll.gif
Edit: I justchecked...Homie lost to Dan Severn...Yes Lost...in 2001. It was his first fight on the fight finder...Granted it was his first fight, I can't fault him abit, I really hope it wasn't his "first fight." That would be rough with crafty OLD Dan...But you capitalized it...My LORD.
Sinosic
roll.gif

The Snowman in 2002 w/ nothin but Jits
roll.gif
Mind you in the WEFC...Ya Monsonwas a contender
tired.gif

Ortiz beat him
Steffan Bonner? Come on, we can do better
Hector Ramirez
roll.gif

My Lord, we don't have a valid candidate yet. You must have missed the fact he beat Chael Sonnen, or maybe you just didn't know who he was. That'sa whole lot more noteworthy to me than Hector Ramirez...See James Irvin.

And I've already explained why 'Page deserved a title shot. 1 fight? Are you $#*%*%% serious? You're taking fights from Southerm Alabama or some@$%% with Monson in 2002 for Forrest? Homies probably had alligators reffing the damn fight, and you're going to say 'Page had one fight? You can'thave it bothy ways my friend. ..Lets see. Wins over

Chuck
Bustamonte
Arona
Liddell
Randleman (In his PRIME)
Shogun (Yes Forrest's big win, Rampage wiped the mat with Homie)
Vovchanchyn (You brought in Dan Severn my Lord)
@$%% I'll even throw in Matt Lindland, if you're going to put the damn snowman in the conversation.

And noooo I completely FORGOT UFC 67 it was sooo long ago. Of course they hyped Rampage, they paid a lot of money for him, he was on the card. I don'texpect them to completely ignore him. They also hyped wand, they also hyped Nog, Heath etc. etc. etc. Doesn't mean they don't want Forrest as their"Poster Boy." It was close it was going to Forrest, I knew it, so did everyone else. . .

My whole argument is based upon the fact the UFC has bred Forrest to be their champion, and they'd much rather him be the Champion instead of Forrest.Forrest didn't deserve a title shot, find me one oponent other than Shogun, who has has beat that's woth a damn. I'll repeat, Forrest was beat byTito Ortiz...at the very end of Ortiz' career.

And your Pride/ UFC argument is moot, absurd in fact. You must have missed the fact that the Zuffa bought Pride....That's when everyone came over.Don't act like the UFC would even consider acknowledging pride before...They let Chuck go over one time..Rampage mollywhopped him. You must have missed awhole lot of history my man. You must have missed the pride glory days. They unified the belts because they bought the whole damn org. The UFC wouldn'teven speak pride's name before this...Fedor? Dana once said who's Fedor? It appears you're pretty new to this. The UFC has a history of clashingwith other ORG's, they've attempted to thwart every one of them, acting as if they don't exist. Lets see Pride, check bought em. IFL, check sued'em. WEC, Zuffa owns them. Affliction, hmmm I wonder what happened there, they put on a free even they're so scared. Elite XC...you must've missedDana's comments on that. So can i say they've avoided every org...Point proven. ##%$ if Fedor decided to do a KOTC, the UFC would put on a show nextdoor, just to take attention away.

Lets get real Duke.. Dan Severn.....Really.....Dan Severn I'm still "lulz omg ##%".

I can' t continue this one it's just too much. Forrest proved a LOT to me on Sat. night, I actually gained a bit of respect for him. But to say hedeserved a title shot is assinine. He has accomplished nothing (in terms of deserving a title shot in the leading MMA org on the planet, Lord knows he'saccomplished a lot more than most fighters, but we're talking the top of the mountain here) other than winning the UFC's golden TUF, being a"funny" guy, and getting the *%+! kicked out of him only to keep fighting (making for good fights to the "brawl" lovin' public).I'll give him credit, good work, he's better than most, he's good, but best at 205, no thanks.

I'll repeat, Forrest was beat by Tito Ortiz...at the very end of Ortiz' career.
A lot of people including myself think Forest got robbed. I also don't think it's that bad to lose to Severn when you go in fighting, notknowing much.
@$%% I'll even throw in Matt Lindland, if you're going to put the damn snowman in the conversation.
ohwell.gif
You mean Shogun wiped the floor with Rampage.
Call me crazy but Igor was a beast.
The Matt Lindland fight was just as controversial as Griffin-Rampage fight.

Rampage is one of my favorite fighters but you gotta give credit to Griffin who finished Shogun(who seemed unstoppable in Pride).

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

I'll repeat, Forrest was beat by Tito Ortiz...at the very end of Ortiz' career.
A lot of people including myself think Forest got robbed. I also don't think it's that bad to lose to Severn when you go in fighting, not knowing much.
ohwell.gif
You mean Shogun wiped the floor with Rampage.
Call me crazy but Igor was a beast.
The Matt Lindland fight was just as controversial as Griffin-Rampage fight.

Rampage is one of my favorite fighters but you gotta give credit to Griffin who finished Shogun(who seemed unstoppable in Pride).

Yes, sir... Got the brothers confused....That point...moot.

As for Severn, $*%# I'm not faulting Forrest one bit for that, as stated in my OP. That's a terrible first matchup (I doubt it was but still very earlyin his career). I would expect someone so new to get bested by someone as crafty as Dan. Homie capitalized it, stating it as a victory, and somehow a victoryworth of a title shot. Neither of which are true.

Igor was definitely a beast, however that was at the end of his career, I wouldn't necessarily think it was a "highlight" win of Rampages career.I agree on the Lindland fight as well. I'm just throwing out "victories" against opponents, I wasn't gonna throw Lindland in until I saw theSnowman.

I've given FULL credit to Forrest for beating Shogun, no doubt a very good victory, I just don't think that justifies a title shot. Don't forget,that was Shogun's last fight, it lends credence to the fact he may have been hurt. I never said Forrest wasn't good. He definitely is. If he won a fewmore fights, I would respect him as a champion more. @@@% if Forrest goes on a "rampage" I'll eat my words. But Dana will choose his opponentsVERY carefully.

I'm just stating that Forrest wasn't deserving of title shot, and shooting down Ryda421's assertion that Rampage wasn't deserving of a titleshot when he got one. It sounds like I'm hatin on Forrest, I realize that...Ask me before he gets the shot. I saw Forrest is a good fighter, he could besomething to watch for, I just don't think he deserves a title shot, give him a couple more fights. No hate, I just dislike the way the UFC turns thingsWWE sometimes. They did it with Shamrock/ Ortiz, they had to give it away the last time, putting their hand in the cookie jar one too many times with Hollywoodnonsense.

Ah I got yah, I'll agree with you for the most part, I guess I skimmed over some of the convo you had with Ryda when I was trying to not waste time readingthe E beef.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

This Saturday, UFC 86. Really looking forward to Griffin/Jackson. No other match on the card really excites me, except for Gonzaga/McCully, which isn't even on the main card
ohwell.gif
. Ah well, onto my predictions...

MAIN CARD

Champion Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin (for UFC light heavyweight belt)
Ricardo Almeida vs. Patrick Cote
Joe Stevenson vs. Gleison Tibau
Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Lytle
Marcus Aurelio vs. Tyson Griffin

PRELIMINARY CARD

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Justin McCully
Jorge Gurgel vs. Cole Miller
Melvin Guillard vs. Dennis Siver
Justin Bucholz vs. Corey Hill
Damn you Corey, I was one fight away from prediction-perfe tion!
laugh.gif

All this boo-hooing about the Forrest decision is laughable. Rampage himself knew he lost the fight, anyone who continues to debate that is just beating a deadhorse.

One weekend off, then it's back to MMA night! Me and my brother in law have been trying to figure out a way to watch both cards at once, and what weconcluded on is extending the co-ax cable from the family room into the living room and hooking up a smaller TV next to the big screen so we don't have toflip between channels
happy.gif
smokin.gif
. It's gonna be a dope night!!

Man, I totally forgot the TDK comes out the weekend of July 19. Might have to record both shows and watch TDK Saturday night as originally planned.

Back
Top Bottom